User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Earn my trust first.

Scratch is annoying

Hi I'm new. I'll post an intro thread later. I just wanted to say that whoever plays Scratch is a terrible actor and her voice is annoying and unconvincing.

I like the podcast though.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i hate scratch the character, i think the voice acting is great.

"Gatherer"

Status
    This is weird.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GeOsiris View Post
    Hi I'm new. I'll post an intro thread later. I just wanted to say that whoever plays Scratch is a terrible actor and her voice is annoying and unconvincing.
    Hahah that's a bold and to the point opinion. I have to politely disagree; she is a great actor and plays the part amazing. Her role is to yell and be mean and she does just that, and of course she is annoying, she is a mean, nasty, intolerable human being, and the actor is doing an amazing job getting that across.
    Last edited by ClearSights; Jun 19th, 2012 at 12:49 PM.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:

She sounds like a valley girl trying to be tough. Her voice inflection and tone don't match the character, aside from that, the way she emphasizes her lines is terrible. It is the only hole I've found in the casting of the show.

She sounds like Paris Hilton trying to be mean.
    Last edited by GeOsiris; Jun 19th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

She sounds like a valley girl trying to be tough. Her voice inflection and tone don't match the character, aside from that, the way she emphasizes her lines is terrible. It is the only hole I've found in the casting of the show.

She sounds like Paris Hilton trying to be mean.
    You write like Paris Hilton. Save the hate parade for the characters and leave the actors to do their job.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status

I like the podcast though.
    GeOsiris is welcome to his/her opinion and has every freedom to state how he/she feels. A great majority of us (if not all) agree that he/she is absolutely mistaken. To be honest I'd love to tell you "If it's that much of an issue and you have to insultingly state something like that (showing you have no class, integrity or self respect) then why even bother listening?" but, unlike you, I refuse to disrespect another person nor do I cloak myself with an ancient Egyptian god of the underworld's name. Jenna, as like the entire cast, are talented professionals. Your feeble attempts at insulting those in the forums shows what kind of hypocritical and weak person you are. If you believed you were factually stating what you did about Scratch (and pretending you do not know her name is sad, VERY sad) then you would have just left your statements at that.
    Manors GeOsiris, tact and respect... Might help you do something with your life.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenneth DuBois View Post
    GeOsiris is welcome to his/her opinion and has every freedom to state how he/she feels. A great majority of us (if not all) agree that he/she is absolutely mistaken. To be honest I'd love to tell you "If it's that much of an issue and you have to insultingly state something like that (showing you have no class, integrity or self respect) then why even bother listening?" but, unlike you, I refuse to disrespect another person nor do I cloak myself with an ancient Egyptian god of the underworld's name. Jenna, as like the entire cast, are talented professionals. Your feeble attempts at insulting those in the forums shows what kind of hypocritical and weak person you are. If you believed you were factually stating what you did about Scratch (and pretending you do not know her name is sad, VERY sad) then you would have just left your statements at that.
    Manors GeOsiris, tact and respect... Might help you do something with your life.
    hmmm, Manors, huh? It's funny how you contradict yourself in your statement. BTW, the word you're looking for is manners, not manors.

White knights are hilarious.

Part of being any type of performer is being ready and able to take criticism. It's not entirely Jennas fault, I think there are some inconsistencies written into her character, there lacks continuity in her characters portrayal and affiliation. This fault is magnified by her over acting, it's so forced and unnatural that it is really funny at times.

You people need to ease up. I've enjoyed the series as a whole, but am entitled to my opinion. If a critic doesn't like a performance of one of your favorite actors and writes a bad review are you going to get butthurt?

Oh well, fanboys will be fanboys I guess. Osiris, you are just plain creepy dude. Don't let my opinion ruin your day.

Lastly, I don't have hard feelings for any of you folks, even the ones who personally insulted me. Its OK to critique a performance or a product, in case you weren't aware, but the personal attacks are bad form.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Yo, I raged. I still think it was a kind of mean thing to say about Jenna, but for the sake of not getting in trouble, I'm sorry. BUT, I did add a smiley to convey that I wasn't trying to be a total dick.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Creem_Filling View Post
    Yo, I raged. I still think it was a kind of mean thing to say about Jenna, but for the sake of not getting in trouble, I'm sorry. BUT, I did add a smiley to convey that I wasn't trying to be a total dick.
    No need to apologize for the sake of not getting in trouble. Im not going to report you as I give zero fucks about this conversation. I just came on here to voice my opinion on what I think is a shitty performance as I'm entitled to.

It's nothing personal, I'm sure this Jenna girl who plays Scratch is a sweet and great person, she's just not a good fit for the character in my opinion.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast