User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    More I think about it....id vote close this bad boy down..no good can come of this thread.

Awwww, but I wanted to see this troll's proof of having so much talent that he's an authority on skill, story-telling, and direction. This fucking guy must be like Scorsese, but with the acting chops of DeNiro, the way he talks.

Those who can, do.
    Those who can't, teach.
    Those who aren't good enough to teach, critique.

Then there's this fucking guy. Not intelligent enough to grasp a complex character as simple as Scratch. It's not like there's a shit ton of depth there, it's all out on Front Street, but this guy needs characters to be entirely one dimensional before he can grasp what is going on. The fact that Scratch doesn't sound like the dumbest fuck alive says a lot about a) how the character is portrayed, b) how the character is written, and c) gives the character the chance to work on more levels with its interactions with the characters in the story. Sorry you don't get that.

Go back to watching Entourage, kid. This is obviously way too sophisticated for you, proof of this is how you approach the story, the characters, and take your frustrations out on the actors like you know anything other than stringing together words of hate, ignorance, and stupidity.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Scavenger"

Status
    As soon as I read the title to this thread I knew s/he was going to earn the wrath of Osiris. I haven't even been around all that long but I know better than to bad mouth Scratch.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Retainer View Post
    As soon as I read the title to this thread I knew s/he was going to earn the wrath of Osiris. I haven't even been around all that long but I know better than to bad mouth Scratch.
    Bullshit. You can bad mouth Scratch all you want, and that's fine. You don't like the character? Go ahead and bash away. But there is no reason to launch personal attacks against the actors for doing their jobs. If you have a problem with the way a character is being portrayed, or the way they say their lines, you put the blame where it belongs. You lay it on the director. It's his/her job to get the performances they need out of the actor, and if Kc thought that he wasn't getting what he wanted out of Jenna, he would have recast a long, long time ago.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

All that said, have your opinion, kid. It doesn't make any difference.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    This is my only issue with this thread...we are discussing an actual person..not a character...thats not what this forum is here for..in my opinion at least. Hate scratch?..cool..do your thing. But KC isn't gonna pull jenna out of the cast just because one dude doesn't like her acting chops....im done here...have fun.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    Quote Originally Posted by GeOsiris View Post
    No need to apologize for the sake of not getting in trouble. Im not going to report you as I give zero fucks about this conversation. I just came on here to voice my opinion on what I think is a shitty performance as I'm entitled to.

It's nothing personal, I'm sure this Jenna girl who plays Scratch is a sweet and great person, she's just not a good fit for the character in my opinion.
    You should definitely listen to her talk about how she approaches the Scratch role. It'll probably make you understand her motivations. -- There have been times where Kc has directed her character ahead of time. I believe the only instance of Kc revealing a little unknown backstory to an actor was with Jenna.

With that said, sure, your opinion isn't a popular one. You're entitled to it, rightfully so! I still highly recommend you listen to her interviews and give it another perspective listen

Edit: Re-reading it though: You can dislike the performance, totally fine, just keep in mind that Jenna is a very hard working gal too. So smacking down her entire career is a tad much. T'is all!
    Last edited by AdrianHD; Jun 20th, 2012 at 12:13 AM.
    Find me on these places: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and YouTube. Check out my podcasts: Around the Campfire and The Broforce Podcast.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Hey, GeOsiris, get you!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeOsiris View Post
    Hi I'm new. I'll post an intro thread later. I just wanted to say that whoever plays Scratch is a terrible actor and her voice is annoying and unconvincing.

I like the podcast though.
    I think Jenna is an amazingly wonderful actress with courage to take on IMHO the hardest character created by Kc. Further more her natural voice is like honey to my ears. I question your reality if you find her performance as unconvincing, frankly she scares the fucking shit out of me and I'm an old lady.

I'd like to know about your nick of GeOsiris I find it unusual.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I can't find my socks.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I can't find my socks.
    If you're sweet to me I'll knit you new ones.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast