User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by facebook.com/alexinks View Post
    any chance angel switched with someone else who is in way worse shape?
    so he can make a nice A-HA return?!
    Not even the slimmest chance in hell. Kc confirmed Angel as the now faceless corpse created by Scratch.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    I'll agree that Angel started out as a seemingly spoiled ROTC Lt. who had no experience. But, from the start I liked him - there was the shot that he'd grow. And grow he did! I'm surprised that he survived his fall at the end of 25 for as long as he did, even with the Colony's doctors working on him. I want to hear more from him. Maybe one of the doctors working on him talked with him & we'll find out details? Maybe Scratch will try to break Burt further by revealing the family history of our "squeaky clean" lieutenant?
    Maybe Michael will be looking through the journals & find something. I can't wait!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    dang that bums me out, because I feel so much more could
    be done with him, but i remember the show has an arc to go
    follow. I liked that he started out as an annoying nerd to a
    pretty cool dude, but then that was it. I think what bugged me
    is that he was gone so long from the story his death (since i listen to the show
    in real time and don't go back to older eps) it was very sudden and
    lukewarm, nonetheless, if it's for the good of the story...

"Lurker"

Status

I'll be one of the first to admit that Angel wasn't one of my favorite characters but I'm still going to miss him. Not hearing his voice anymore is going to be weird. At least when the tower fell you had that little spark of hope when Scratch found the body. I dunno its kinda bumming me out.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lenarinn View Post
    I'll be one of the first to admit that Angel wasn't one of my favorite characters but I'm still going to miss him. Not hearing his voice anymore is going to be weird. At least when the tower fell you had that little spark of hope when Scratch found the body. I dunno its kinda bumming me out.
    Nearly the same here. His final action was just amazing. I felt very sorry for him - what he went through ... A tragic hero in the classic sense, isn't he?
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    I'm thinking maybe, maybe when Riley finds out what happened to Angel
    she's going to have a one on one with Scratch.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I can not say that Angel was a favorite until the Angel/Kalani near death experience. Angel to me was an annoying kid that went to college, got commissioned, and thought he was entitled to something. It brought back a lot of memories from the military. One of the hardest things is being enlisted for 20years and a peckerhead Lt comes to the unit and is automatically the one in charge even though they don't know crap. I wanted to punch the computer when Angel said that he was an officer and trained to see the big picture. Gah! Lt's are the same as E-1/E-2's, new to the service and should have to shadow an NCO, but anyway.. LOL!

The momeny Angel and Kalani were faced with the behemoth my attitude toward Angel changed. At that point he became a leader and earned my respect. Like Saul told him, respect is earned, not a right cause your an officer. When Angel told Kalani to take a knee, how to balance the M-16, breathe, shoot, all in the face of a coming ass-whoopin, that made him a leader, nothing else before that point in my opinion. You could see an obvious change in him at that point.

Now, back to the bad. When Lizzy left the tower I was like WTF Angel! He should of never let her leave the tower. Doesn't matter what anyone else had said. He should of stepped up and said no, then changed the rules of the tower, remember he said he was trained to see the big picture. He should of reasoned that Lizzy on her own would be Zed-fodder. Top it off he should of known how Saul would react.

Now back to some good. When Angel went back to recover Kalani's journal like Kalani asked, that was a redeeming quality, then when he saved hope and hooked her up for the slide to the other building, that showed compassion and caring. He could of left her and been like "Hope? I thought she was over here already."

I understand that it was Angels time to depart the story, it would have been nice to see him develop and maybe make it to Irwin and get put in charge of soldiers again, to see where he would have went, what kind of leader he could of been. All in all it sucks that he is gone, but I do like the way he went out.. Telling Scrath to Fuck off. LOL.. Classic!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

All jokes aside... I really loved Angel and Kalani's adventures and wanted nothing more than to hear them continue on and on.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX

Angel

Here's my "Ode to Angel" if you will. Angel came from a corrupt environment of mafiosi, and crime, and yet he managed to go against the grain, and become something positive. An officer in the military, although not a great one at first, he earns the respect of his peers and and becomes an outstanding example of what an officer should be. When Michael left for the hostage exchange, he left the tower in Angel's hands. And when the tower came under attack Angel was responsible for its defense. Considering the overwhelming odds, the tower faced, Angel mounted an exceptional defense, and when that wasn't enough. He and his most loyal "soldiers" went down with the ship. He sacrificed himself so his friends could live. He died defending his home. He's a casualty of war, and a stark reminder of its cost.

The officer we'd come to know as Angel didn't survive the fall. He died in the collapse of the tower. What survived was his past self. The one that defied and resisted the family he'd been born into. This past version of Angel now surrounded by the darkness he'd fought so hard to escape, dies doing what he's always done, resisting his birthright.
    Likes Duffusmonkey liked this post
    Angel's #1 Fan

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    Here's my "Ode to Angel" if you will. Angel came from a corrupt environment of mafiosi, and crime, and yet he managed to go against the grain, and become something positive. An officer in the military, although not a great one at first, he earns the respect of his peers and and becomes an outstanding example of what an officer should be. When Michael left for the hostage exchange, he left the tower in Angel's hands. And when the tower came under attack Angel was responsible for its defense. Considering the overwhelming odds, the tower faced, Angel mounted an exceptional defense, and when that wasn't enough. He and his most loyal "soldiers" went down with the ship. He sacrificed himself so his friends could live. He died defending his home. He's a casualty of war, and a stark reminder of its cost.

The officer we'd come to know as Angel didn't survive the fall. He died in the collapse of the tower. What survived was his past self. The one that defied and resisted the family he'd been born into. This past version of Angel now surrounded by the darkness he'd fought so hard to escape, dies doing what he's always done, resisting his birthright.
    Let us all have a moment of silence.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast