User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thumbs up the engineers should have re-engineered this movie

seen Prometheus today and to me it sucked, big time. there were a lot of holes in the movie. That is 2 hrs and 4 mins i wont get back. Ridley Scott, did you forget the first alien movie entirely ? Instead of directing movies you should get a job directing traffic. Cause this was an accident. I am glad i didn't go a pay the extra price for IMAX 3-D. I cant believe on how many people actually like this piece of crap. the trailer should have been the whole movie. I was more entertained by that than this. I cant give this a half star and that would be generous.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    The movies getting a above average rating on imdb. 7.8/10. I'll prob see it just because i'm a movie gurue and like seeing everyone. But ill go into it with your mindset and see what I think of it. People are saying it felt like there was 30min of footage missing that would of filled in the blanks it seemed. Did it seem like this?
    Last edited by ClearSights; Jun 9th, 2012 at 07:14 AM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    this film is to be a "sort" of a prequel for ALIEN, which Ridley Scott directed.
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    it seem like he had forgotten that the space jockey in the first alien movie was fused to the set and the bones were bent out. however in this one the space jockey had left and died on board the escape shuttle. the large face hunger look like something from and old Japanese monster flick. plus all the bodies that the space jockey kill where did they go? the canisters if they were suppose to be the eggs found later in the first alien movie, they unscrewed and not open like the eggs in all of the other alien movies. if this was suppose to be a prequel to the original alien movie in my book if fail big time. its like this movie was trying to break away from the whole alien and alien vs predator franchise.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    seen Prometheus today and to me it sucked, big time. there were a lot of holes in the movie. That is 2 hrs and 4 mins i wont get back. Ridley Scott, did you forget the first alien movie entirely ? Instead of directing movies you should get a job directing traffic. Cause this was an accident. I am glad i didn't go a pay the extra price for IMAX 3-D. I cant believe on how many people actually like this piece of crap. the trailer should have been the whole movie. I was more entertained by that than this. I cant give this a half star and that would be generous.
    What was wrong with the movie? Plot off, FX not up to par, Jimmy Hoffa cameo?
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    What was wrong with the movie? Plot off, FX not up to par, Jimmy Hoffa cameo?
    you must not have read the reply. just before your post.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    you must not have read the reply. just before your post.
    yeah, weird time warp thing happened or something. Your second post didn't show up on my feed until I rechecked this thread. Maybe Ridley Scott is involved with this one, too.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    plus all the bodies that the space jockey kill where did they go?
    You mean the bodies of the people that were on the alien spacecraft that crashed? Where did you expect them to be? The ship crashed so I figure everything went flying. The question is more why didn't David's head move.

the canisters if they were suppose to be the eggs found later in the first alien movie, they unscrewed and not open like the eggs in all of the other alien movies.
    Because the eggs in this movie were weapons and had been created to be deployed. The ones that are supposed to have come later were laid, not created in a lab.

Plus, the Space Jockey wasn't the same one that the Nostromo found
    SKITTLES?

"Gatherer"

Status
    I watched the movie in 3D. I felt like I payed too much. It seemed more like a 2D movie than 3D. Dont expect things to be popping out at you.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    I thought it could have had deeper 3D, but they went subtle depth, not whoosh coming at ya'. Wish I could have seen it in IMAX but it looks like the IMAX projector broke at our cinema.

Evidently ancient, ancient belief systems are the key to the story, like Mesopotamia and Babylon.
    SKITTLES?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast