User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Game of Thrones *Spoilers Thread*

We're going to spoil the fuck out of the show up in this piece. Mind you, no book spoilers... book spoilers will get you raped by a dragon.

So last night I finally got around to watching the final three episodes of season two. I'd been hoarding them and waiting, not wanting the season to be over. I've never cheered and fist pumped during a TV show before (with the exception of one particular episode of BtVS, an episode of Firefly, and an episode of Freaks & Geeks... shit... OK I do it a lot) but, God damn did I ever cheer when my Khaleesi was reunited with her babies. I almost shed a man tear. I was a little pissed about the way that Tyrion was treated, considering how baller that short bastard is, but whatever, I'm certain that little, inbred, bastard 'king' is going to pay with his life soon enough.

So, I'm curious... what's your favourite storyline so far? I've got to go with Khaleesi's journey (I'd let her mother the fuck out of my dragon), Tyrion, and John Snow's stories. The rest are good filler, but don't really hold my attention quite as much.

joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Mind you, no book spoilers... book spoilers will get you raped by a dragon.
    So, I'm curious... what's your favourite storyline so far? I've got to go with Khaleesi's journey (I'd let her mother the fuck out of my dragon), Tyrion, and John Snow's stories. The rest are good filler, but don't really hold my attention quite as much.

Favorite story arch is Tyrion, the final two episodes in his story what a roller coaster. When giving his bad ass speech all I could think was "Oh god he's going to die in this battle". So imagine my excitement when he is alive the next episode! Only to realize his father has shat on him once again. I have to admire the fact that he's not going to run off, can't wait to see how he messes with Kings Landing now. I am so in love with this character because he loves his family and is honestly trying to help them. Well really trying to save them from themselves. But at the same time has no problem crossing them to accomplish his end goal.

I am curious as to what you think will come of Sam. Notice the White (horse riding) Walker looked at him and then gave the signal to charge forward? I am wondering something. Thinking back a few minutes to where the wildlings burned the body of the man Snow just killed they said "You won't want this one coming back for you", is it somehow possible that Sam being as kind hearted as he is has probably never killed anyone. Thus giving the Walkers no reason to attack him? Some sort of pure of heart thing? Or should I just go ahead and assume he's donezo.

The Snow story line took me a little research and rewatching to figure out just why the hell he had to kill the other Crow. But from what I can tell next season he will go threw the trials and such and now pretend at least to become a wildling. I think he's gonna have to break that Crow-vow and bang the red head, gosh the pain and suffering of being a part of the Nights Watch.

My final question to pose to you all is this, does anyone else think that the Unic (his name escapes me atm) has powers? We know the youngest Stark can take form of his wolf or at least encarnate it, and we have seen the red preistest use her vagina as a magical portal. My cousin has put this idea in my head and I think she may be onto something. He may reveal to us next season what his power is. In the 2nd to last episode he was about to tell Tyrion something just after mentioning the "old powers" but stopped thanks to Pod.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Bullethead; Jun 5th, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I screamed at the TV when Tyrion was cut down. Such an epic moment in the show, to think that he'd been through everything he had so far, just to be chopped down by a dink in a helmet. I cheered when he woke up, that's for sure. As for the Eunuch, I don't think he has any powers at all. He seems like he's just a dude who plays the game well enough to keep his head--for now, at least. As for Sam and the White Walkers... I'm leaning towards Sam being dead. Not sure why, but it's got too much of a dream-like quality to it. I haven't read the books, so I have no idea--and I promised my sister that I wouldn't read them until the show was over, since she's doing the same. Now sure about John... he may give himself over completely.

so long as the Khaleesi reigns down fire and blood... all will be right in the world. If there is anyone who deserves to sit on the iron throne, it's Daenerys Targaryen. But that's just me...

Who do you think deserves the throne more?
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    I have to say Dany, Tyrion, Joffery, Cersi, and Arya

I frickin love Dany she really has the most unique storyline as she is so far away from everyone, duch a different setting.

Tyrion is awesome! You gotta appreciate how he gets hoes wherever he goes. He is smart and can think quick.

Joffery...how i would love to send scratch on you! Or yarri- yarri may be a little more violent then scratch, but this is why we love her.

I hate Joffery, he is the reason we have birth control and abortions.

You can hate Cersi's brother lovin ass all you want but you have to admit she falls into my epic villan catergory, she is cold and calculating over loud and brash.

And Arya, you have to love Arya she is everything perfect to me. A fiesty, smart, brave tomboy.

To me everyone else is a snore. I think there are to many people going on and would love to see more Dany she had an epic end this season.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Tyrion and Arya have been my favorites so far. Dinklage is by far the best actor on the entire goddamn show, hands down. I wish I could get into Dany's storyline, but I find the actress that plays her just awful. That and the writers do a terrible job with her, all she has done this season is wander around begging for money and screaming "My dragons! My dragons! Where are my dragons?" She had some much more cunning and intelligence written into the books. Arya's scene with Tywin Lannister were absolutely amazing this season. Just the back and forth between those two had me enthralled. Since you said no book spoilers I will ask instead of just saying anything, did you guys hear what the actor who plays Theon Greyjoy leaked about a certain man on the Wall? If not look it up because I'm not saying anything, except it will blow your mind!

Minimalist

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: abayarts Wii Code: abayarts
    really dig the finale. don't know the character's names that well, but the dragon lady always gets the cool finale scene.
    Follow me on twitter @ abayarts and on Tumblr at abayarts.tumblr.com

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    I don't blame Danni for her role this season. I do see your point she was a total pauper but probably for a reason. You want the story arc's to coinside. Otherwise she would just pop up, get her ships and roll out and we'd not see her for the rest of season 2. I feel as though the city of Qarth was good for her though. Aside from her entire army getting whacked, but she learned alot about the world and she's getting colder, more war ready.

As for what Theon leaked, lets hear it, the title does say spoilers, just not book spoilers.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bvglee View Post
    When? refresh my mind please!
    It's was just a few days ago. Io9.com had it in their morning spoilers section.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Well I just watched the series from episode 1 to the end within a week, and of course I can't wait till the next season. Just like everyone else my top characters Tyrion. But Khaleesi is def my favorite character that grew the most. She went from being a shy and kind-hearted princess who knew nothing of men or war. To a strong, leader-type girl...with dragons! (And shes hot).

I couldn't stand however how Season 1 ended with Robb moving his army to King's Landing, And at the end of season 2 they have still yet to attack. Just seems like so much is happening but they are just sitting still for no aparent reason.

Arya is another character I can't wait to see where she ends up, her connection with Jaqen, who I can see playing a huge role soon in the series

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    throughout season 2 they told us how difficult it is to attack Kings Landing. Even in season 1 you hear the queen talk about how they'll be safe from the Darthraki inside they're palace walls.

The only way to fully take KL is with a navy, which Rob did not have. The Greyjoy's have the greatest navy and they were waiting to hear word that they would aid them but we all saw how that ended.

Rob is going to have to find a new way into KL.

**on a side not I am trying to get my girlfriend into this show. She is addicted but since the recent George W. Bush debacle (the mans not even relevant any more and he's still ruining my life!) she cannot On Demand the finale of season 1. Does anyone know where we may watch it? Aside from buying the complete season which I may just do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast