User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    I just found out about your podcast! I listened to the last one but not the live one (I wanna). I can't believe you've been going for so long without me knowing.
    Oh, it's not my podcast... I was just a guest.

BTW I noticed you did some awesome isolations (shutup spell check, it is too a word) of the tattoos. Can Jannit and I use them for The Symbols category for the Wiki? We wanna have his head and have closeups with possible meanings (the Wiki "no more than 5 attachments" rule sucks mud)
    Absolutely! I used to use select/copy/paste in MS Paint, but I discovered that the windows snipping tool is much, much faster. I've been using it tonight. A lot.

I think that's the seal for either the angel Bethor or Phaleg, from a book Agrippa wrote--I haven't decided which.
    Attachment 3012
    Here's a link that I hope works to a book on talismans and amulets which quotes it (by a guy with the wonderful name of Budge )
    That looks spot on to me.

Here's more fuel for the fire: I talked about Erzulie and her husbands Damballa, Oogoun and Agwe back here, noting that the Veve for Agwe was not visible. I might have found it:

Agwe's Veve:
    agwe-taroyo-mine.jpg

Art for Chapter 11:
    BackOfHead.JPG

If you squint and crank up your pareidolia... you can almost see it.

There's more but it's late...like late
    I know, my contacts feel like they are glued to my eyeballs... I'm getting them out and going to bed before I need paint remover to get them out.
    Likes MrRedBeard, Eviebae liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

I wrote a post on this topic in a different thread, and I'm just copying it here since it fits. I also don't want to lose it in the mounds of posts on 42-3.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDung View Post
    I've been doing a bit of wandering around on the net, and a few ideas keep bumping into each other, but I haven't been able to pull out anything solid. The following are some disconnected bits and pieces that hopefully someone can help me connect. I apologize if this ground has already been covered, but I haven't had time to read all the messages in this lengthy thread.

Foremost among the ideas that frequently occur in my searches is hermeticism. From Wikipedia:

If memory serves, the fellas at We're Alive Fancast mentioned Golden Dawn in relation to one of the symbols. Interestingly, Golden Dawn gets a mention in the article on Hermeticism (as does Rosicrucianism). Someone should dig further into this. The cipher manuscripts of the Golden Dawn seem particularly relevant with respect to Ink's writings.

Hermetic teachings refer to three parts of the wisdom of the whole universe: alchemy, astrology, and theurgy.

Other topics that come up are aspects of esotericism and theosophy.

Someone mentioned that Ink may have an image of a benzene molecule. Interestingly, benzene as a tie to occult and alchemical symbolism. The fellow who discovered the ring structure of benzene said that the idea came to him in a daydream of an uroboros, a snake eating its own tail. Snakes and serpents show up in countless mythologies.

Lastly, I think the Borromean rings on Angel's ring should be looked into. I have a sneaky suspicion that the Family has some connection to Ink and his mystery cult.

Well, it's quite late here, so I should hit the hay. I hope this helps someone move the symbol and story investigations along.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

Some alchemy symbols:

Likes MrRedBeard liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:

Uroboros/Ouroboros and benzene:

Likes MrRedBeard liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I like how symbols repeat. In the second colum, second to last row is a circle with a dot. It signifies sol. The sun. In Egyptian hieroglyphics it is the symbol for Ra, the sun god. It is used in any pharo cartouches and we say Ra like Ramses or Rey like Kafre.

One of King Tut's other names was neb khepher ru re.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    I like how symbols repeat. In the second colum, second to last row is a circle with a dot. It signifies sol. The sun. In Egyptian hieroglyphics it is the symbol for Ra, the sun god. It is used in any pharo cartouches and we say Ra like Ramses or Rey like Kafre.

One of King Tut's other names was neb khepher ru re.
    I've noticed a lot of visual similarity between the Voodoo Veves and the Angelic Sigils and the alchemic symbols. I think there must be a lot of cross chatter between the groups.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Careful folks...this is how conspiracy theories are born..

and by "careful" i mean...im in. What do i need to blow up? (figuratively speaking)
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I should have written this in the above, but the Egyptians actually thought gold was skin of the sun god.

Just interesting trivia, I do not think it has anything to do with Were Alive. Ink's currency is a pound of flesh, not gold coins.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    I should have written this in the above, but the Egyptians actually thought gold was skin of the sun god.

Just interesting trivia, I do not think it has anything to do with Were Alive. Ink's currency is a pound of flesh, not gold coins.
    Never too much trivia. You should watch Qi (Quite Interesting) on YouTube--hosted by Stephen Fry. It's kind of a quiz show where they burst all sorts of generally held "truths" but mostly have fun.

So, does this mean when they made things out of gold they thought they were actually using his flesh, or his dead skin flakes? I wonder how much the common person believed--what with grave robbers and such.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Hi Everyone.

I've been a bit derailed with my attempts to get the wiki updated for the symbols but finally managed to get something together that I wanted to share and get your thoughts on. There are quite a lot of ideas floating around on the different symbols and their meanings but I think we have a number of them nailed down. I've created something of a compilation of the different symbols (or attempts at them) and the headshot of Ink. Some of the symbols in the picture are from other sources that have already been mentioned and others are attempts to recreate what I see.

My intention with this is to try and pick up all of the symbols that are visable and then expand upon them in the wiki. I haven't been able to make out the ones on Ink's right cheek and jaw and would love some input so I can update the compilation picture. At this point, I'm just ignoring the meanings and will try and transfer everything people have brought up here and in other threads to the Wiki in the near-ish future. I'll be doing the same thing for the hand photo either today or tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

Here is a link to the photo.
    Last edited by Jannit; Mar 11th, 2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Link updated
    Likes FunkyDung, Elisa liked this post

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast