User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt

Pin "Ink," the origin and meaning of his tattoos...

This isn't just another Ink, Man in the Pinstriped Suit, Bill Roberts, Zombie Pimp theory thread. Bear with me please.

I was reading through the thread for Chapter 30, part 1 of ?? and also went of in search of the cover art to have a look at it. Later in the thread, I read this, posted by wh33t:

Quote Originally Posted by wh33t View Post
    Ink is one tricky Mutha... who knows what he is up too. Maybe Ink is like a "god father" of the Families or something.
    I thought to myself, why not check? I've had this thought before myself. The art for Chapter 27 is his hand gripping a door way. Surely someone would have noticed a ring by now, but I want to see for myself.

I think that I might have found something more interesting and sinister.

Have a good close look at his hand. At first glance it looks like a bunch of convoluted mumbo jumbo. I looked closer and made a few startling discoveries.

At his wrist (and on his pinky finger) are what looks like molecular symbols of a Benzine Ring. More specifically, those found in Aromatic Hydrocarbons and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons. This specific one looks similar to Chrysene and Benzo(a)pyrene, both of which are known carcinogens. More specifically, the diagram on his wrist, if you flip it over, bears a striking resemblance to Benzo(a)pyrene's interaction with DNA. My guess is that it is another AH/PAH that is interacting with DNA in a way far more complex than cancer.

A great deal of these hydrocarbons are found in coal tar, oil, fossil fuel, ect., the stuff found underground. Did Ink know something about zombie causing chemicals underground and tattoo their symbols on his body?

It gets better and goes deeper.

On the back of his hand (and on his middle finger) are a series of lines and dots. To me, these look like one of, or a combination of:

The Celestial/Angelic Alphabet: (WIKI)
    Documented (Created?) by Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa in the 16th century. Derived from the Hebrew and Greek alphabets, and purported to be used for communication with angels.

The Malachim: (WIKI)
    Same guy, also derived from the Hebrew and Greek alphabets. Still in use to a limited extent by the Freemasons.

The Transitus Fluvii or "Passing the River alphabet" (WIKI)
    Same guy again. Derived from the Hebrew alphabets. It is described as an occult alphabet.

These, combined with others are found in/on the magical incantations of wards, talismans, curses and the like in many faiths such as early Judeo-Christianity and Druidic/Paganism. It seems that Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa may have building on King Solomon and the incorrectly attributed Key of Solomon, around which there are many legends of magical power relating to the summoning and control of spirits and demons.

Then there is the Snakes and the Bacteria. I'm at somewhat of a loss to explain these. The snakes could be a reference to the Original Sin, where the Fallen Angel Lucifer, in the form of a snake, persuaded Eve to eat the forbidden fruit.

As for the bacteria, I don't know if it is a generalized representation or meant to be a specific strain. While looking them up I was struck by the idea that the bacteria may be responsible for secreting the above mentioned chemicals. Perhaps a Molecular Chemist and a Bacteriologist could shed more light on this.

I wonder... it this meant to be indicative of the fusion of science and religion? The combination of the occult with technology that brought about the zombie holocaust? This adds another layer to the already mysterious question of who is this guy?
    Last edited by Red Shirt; May 28th, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Scavenger"

Status
    my god....

That was probably the most in debth thing i have ever read on these boards... How do you know all this? I was just thinking prison tattoos like Yuri in MW3 haha but this is really good stuff.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    the question (that i dont believe KC has answered) should be..how much creative direction was the artist given for what appears on inks hands in that chapter artwork? i know most of the time he just gives him the ideas and direction, but not typically the small details like that...perhaps with that one he did

very well thought out red shirt...good stuff as usual!
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Damn man, you're on a role. First the Pantex theory and now this one, keep it up. It was a good read

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Thanks everybody. Even if falsified, theories like these can be a fun exercise in making connections.

Quote Originally Posted by StickUpKid View Post
    How do you know all this? I was just thinking prison tattoos like Yuri in MW3 haha but this is really good stuff.
    I just start with an idea, a small recognition or two. Then I do my due diligence and turn to research. What astounded me was the longer I spent at it, the more connections I made, like the DNA altering properties of Benzo(a)pyrene. I discovered that while writing this. Also, the Angelic alphabets, I knew there was one and the connection to Solomon, but research showed me that there were three and that the connection was closer and deeper!

I agree, those tattoo's do bear a resemblance to jailhouse tat's. But that makes me wonder even more, were some of his tattoos self administered?

A few additional details that I have uncovered or neglected the first time around show that Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons have implications with the origin of life on Earth. The diagram also bears a resemblance to Benzo(b)fluoranthene. Stub article though, link for the diagram.

Also, the chemical chain and the Angelic sigil seem to be linked together. Not sure what is implied here, some sort of bio-chem technomancy...
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    If Kc put this truly meant these things... He has put the most thought in a character that I've ever had the honor of learning about...well done sir!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Fascinating...
    Likes Storm liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

ibArtistTookLiberties
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    ibArtistTookLiberties
    Apparently not, although it was my expectation... WND #38 @ 19:42.
    I half expected this thread to blow up though when word got out of a partial confirmation From Kc at the Big Apple event.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    yea...this took a turn i was not expecting

id lean toward the hydrocarbons/fossils being a good starting point for us looking into this..i'll be putting my tinfoil thinking cap on in 3....2....bbl
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast