User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angel *SPOILERS* Was it really Angel's time?

Early in the third season, I noticed that Shane Salk (the actor that played Angel and a co-producer of the show) was no longer given a credit for voice acting or production (instead he was given a "creator" credit). Where did Shane go? Is he no longer associated with the production of the podcast?

If Shane indeed left, does that mean that Angel's death was not originally planned to occur at this point in the series? I'm curious to know if this was part of Kc's plan from the beginning, or if it was a choice made due to circumstances.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I was wondering about this myself. Seemed like Shane was really attached to the project then he just disappeared. Maybe he felt the show was doing great without him, being attached as creator and actor for 2 seasons was good enough and wanted to move onto other projects.

"Lurker"

Status
    That makes sense. It just seems odd that nothing was mentioned to announce this. Even Kevin Flood wrote a farewell Facebook post after Chapter 24 was aired.

"Gatherer"

Status
    O... M... G... I just figured out whose fault it was that Angel died. It was Britt's fault. Even though he had a full cast, Britt hounded KC to give her a part, even if it meant he had to "make room" for her. "Make room" meaning killing off Angel.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    O... M... G... I just figured out whose fault it was that Angel died. It was Britt's fault. Even though he had a full cast, Britt hounded KC to give her a part, even if it meant he had to "make room" for her. "Make room" meaning killing off Angel.
    Ummm.... I think angel's character was just a little too big for him to be killed for that reason....

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

If the character is dead, the character is dead. Sepculating on a cause of the character being killed off should be limited to speculation of the general arc of the story. It should not have anything at all to do with what is happening during production of the show. There's no reason for it. Why not? Simple. Kc has had the show planned our from the first episode, and has chosen very specific beats and very specific events. He has stated that the nature of the show means once in a while having to make a small change here or there, but killing off a main character is NOT a small change. It was planned, long before the season was recorded.

Anything else is just searching for drama, and there is more than enough drama here for everyone without needing to get into the personal lives of the creators... just read my posts. I'm all kinds of dramatic.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    wow i think i should have put a simile face or a at the end of my post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

wow i think i should have put a simile face or a at the end of my post
    The topic has been popping up in a few places since he left and I was asked to give my two cents. That's my two cents.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

I don't know what sepculating is.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I agree 100%. The character sheet was maxed out so they needed to "make room" for the doctor... aka Britt.....And so they knocked off Angel!! It all is coming together!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast