Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    You are a very funny, very naughty man.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tielurrdee View Post
    Or you can
    Let Osiris do it for you just saying elohel
    I need to look at something? Point me to it, bro.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Sniper View Post
    Look, I didn't want to give it away but I wouldn't want you to go crazy wondering what Victor does. He wasn't completely lying when he said he was an "insurance salesman", he does after all insure people get into the United States via the Rio Grand,....aka "COYOTE". He does enjoy long walks on the beach, and on his off time he's an avid hunter of the chupacabra. He likes burly woman and fish tacos almost as much as he likes beat-boxing on Santa Monica pier. He's an artist in his own right, forging any fake I.D. you can think of. You can find him selling 'em out of his ice cream cart on Friday nights at the south end of the lake in Echo Park. He is,.....the most interesting man in the world.
    So Victor may know Scratch and Durai. Helping with some fake IDs. If I recall correctly they have a fair collection of IDs.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Look, I didn't want to give it away but I wouldn't want you to go crazy wondering what Victor does. He wasn't completely lying when he said he was an "insurance salesman", he does after all insure people get into the United States via the Rio Grand,....aka "COYOTE". He does enjoy long walks on the beach, and on his off time he's an avid hunter of the chupacabra. He likes burly woman and fish tacos almost as much as he likes beat-boxing on Santa Monica pier. He's an artist in his own right, forging any fake I.D. you can think of. You can find him selling 'em out of his ice cream cart on Friday nights at the south end of the lake in Echo Park. He is,.....the most interesting man in the world.
    How'd I miss this?!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    How'd I miss this?!
    You were caught up in you on the last post.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Eeez View Post
    You were caught up in you on the last post.
    Sometimes I just miss shit.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    actually the thought of Victor being some kind of gurrilla soldier or smuggler makes a fair bit of sense, the twist on the insurance salesmen gag just then made me think, but i mean, going back to my origonal theory about him being some kind of goverment agent.

think about it the world is good, everythings awesome t
    then for no apparent reason the world goes to shit around you, you get scared, no level of training gets you through it, Victor was at the colony so he must of been part of the build while you fight movement to secure the place.

the world goes to shit, you know you lost people, your training helps you deal with it
    the zombies not so much
    then as you survive you get to know people, your training tells you to trust these people as well as your basic gut instinct. so you build walls while fighting along side them and they die horribly around you then you get thrust into a system which you don't like and being cooped up in the colony as big and as enjoyable as it might be for some might be a prison sentence for others, when we see Victor he's drinking at the bar being all depressed while everyone else has a good time the general impression he doesn't get along with the other guardians, we assume he acts this was because he's pissed off with the new people and loosing his friend, but what if he's been like this since the out break, Realizing that any kind of intelligence agency is now gone but too afraid to die by way-of-zombie so you get a pissed off cocky attitude being as reckless as possible socially isolating yourself from the others.

seems a bit far fetched HOWEVER when Saul and Victor got left behind and Saul was being slightly un co-operative in he very nearly looses his cool and storms off but he gets his smarts together and sticks around eventually Saul splits a meal which I'm sure he would of done anyways, spending your time playing games on your time off aka in the ditch room victor had with his buddy for some time to blow off some steam, i belive victor was reading a book when him and saul were waiting for someone to respond to the trip wire, OK I'm not saying that you has anything to do with the whole CIA thing BUT for someone who could be potentially stressed from all these factors even if the CIA thing is false what better form of escapeism than to pick up a book and get lost in the story.

but on the topic of if he is some kind of special agent turned wreckless in the face of a hopeless and lost future where you can barely survive and have to sleep with one eye open and hope you don't get shredded life style from a comfortable consumer life style why would he admit to the insurance salesmen job, i mean yes there is very much a possibility that is true.
    probably because given the stress he's under he doesn't want to crack and become important and have everyone die because of him
    so he makes himself out to be the least capable person and by least capable being the least knowledgeable "who me? I'm just a salesman, fuck off and leave me alone" given he's playing that he has no skills it simplifies his life greatly he says he knows nothing about communications or power and maybe that's true the last thing you want to do is say that you have some mechanic experiance to find your the most qualified person, then screw up a big project which everyone is counting on you for, when it comes to things like goverments and agencies there's other channels of communciation if things get screwed up, i mean a nuclear disaster can be averted and has done need i point out the Cuban missile crisis so it doesn't seem overall that bad, but knowing if you screw up you can get a lot of good people killed in a battle of nothing but raw survival and resources, I'd say that'll play on a person.

given all that my guess would be he would figure that any agency he did work for is gone and none of it matters, but i mean even if he missed details like cameras and such maybe he doesn't have that kind of mind, maybe his mental strength is in his memory, he remembered names and faces and shift patterns and who's loyal too who only after a couple of months at most of being in a place like the colony?

especially when it had to be built, and a system be set up and supplies and guards had to be organized and maintained, if that was me i would talk to the newly in charge communications guy asking specific questions and taking a part genuine / part faking interest in certain things related to communications, communications are key to agency's like that, but both him and Glenn were on a first name basis if i remember correctly (plays the audio) yes he does, glen is talking and turns the corner "oh hi victor" and victor says in a friendly tone "hey glen" and proceeds to introduce Micheal, long shot i know but if Victor's memory is his strong point and not observation combined with a proficiency in firearms and being a decent marksman he could of been a valuable agent, the deep cover kind, now there's too much audio for me to go through on my own here but i know victor has said on several occasions he doesn't remember but I'm sure that's because he was in a highly stressful situation be it socially, under fire, zombies chasing them down.

does anyone have an idea about that I'm sure he's said "i don't remember" babble babble babble "i was too busy" 'insert excuse here'

what are you thoughts on it now people, sorry its taken em ages to respond been running around IRL destroying part of the universe

I'm just gonna say this finally I'm psyched that i got people interested in my theory i know there's basically nothing to go on other than my gut feeling which is difficult to explain and i can't really offer anything more than my Explinations for that, i know its going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG shot but can i steer some of you into the thought pattern of "why couldn't he be" and to be clear i don't mean that in any kind of dickish way at all I'm just trying to stir up conversation.
    Likes Lilydragon liked this post

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Dear Dragon Malice,

Elementary my dear Watson, elementary.
    ALL HAIL GENERAL VICTORIOUS!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Dear Dragon Malice,

Ok, Otto, can you explain it to me then? :-)
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Dear Dragon Malice,

*is speechless*

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast