User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Let's not forget that Riley was a drinker before the zombie apocalypse; remember her comment to Burt at the Hospital about competing in archery tournaments while drunk. So not only has she been through this great trauma, but she's already established drinking as her personal escape route.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Let's not forget that Riley was a drinker before the zombie apocalypse; remember her comment to Burt at the Hospital about competing in archery tournaments while drunk. So not only has she been through this great trauma, but she's already established drinking as her personal escape route.
    oh yeah good point.... oh well gues my theory in principle is flawed, oh well XD

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

You bring up a good point with people never extending a "thank you" or a "How are you doing". Riley's character comes off as very self confident and she is one of the few people who have never shown weakness or froze in desperate situations. This can cause other people to make the assumption that Riley is handling everything with no problems. People mistakenly think that Riley, since she is so strong, doesn't need this simple thoughtfulness. Riley may now be hindered about opening up because she wouldn't want to look weak to the other tower members. I have recently had to learn a lot about depression as a disease rather than an emotion. If I understand all I have read, what Riley is going through is classic depression. I have started interpreting all Riley's actions through the lens of depression.
    Last edited by trubkir; May 18th, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by trubkir View Post
    I have started interpreting all Riley's actions through the lens of depression.
    That's interesting. Now that she seems to have hit bottom what do you think comes next? And why did she volunteer to stay at Fort Irwin and fight, rather than heading off to a "peaceful life" in Boulder?

"Guard Duty"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran

She said she is tired of running. She can shoot a bow and a gun now she can get training that they could not do effectively in the tower. Wait until she finds out Angel was alive and killed because they left saving her and Hope and Micheal assured her no one could have survived. I would NOT want to be Sgt Cross on that day.
    I only speak three languages-English, Spanglish and Sarcasm, If you don't speak at least two of them you probably won't get my humor anyway...

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    She said she is tired of running. She can shoot a bow and a gun now she can get training that they could not do effectively in the tower. Wait until she finds out Angel was alive and killed because they left saving her and Hope and Micheal assured her no one could have survived. I would NOT want to be Sgt Cross on that day.

i rekon Micheal is going to do scratch something feirce, his emotions will really let go, it will all catch up to him, if Riley doesn't hold him back, shes gonna get whats comming to her (scratch that is )

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by trubkir View Post
    You bring up a good point with people never extending a "thank you" or a "How are you doing". Riley's character comes off as very self confident and she is one of the few people who have never shown weakness or froze in desperate situations. This can cause other people to make the assumption that Riley is handling everything with no problems. People mistakenly think that Riley, since she is so strong, doesn't need this simple thoughtfulness. Riley may now be hindered about opening up because she wouldn't want to look weak to the other tower members. I have recently had to learn a lot about depression as a disease rather than an emotion. If I understand all I have read, what Riley is going through is classic depression. I have started interpreting all Riley's actions through the lens of depression.
    but yay someone who gets what i mean! thank you mate!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    Sexual tension... I'm pretty sure there was a large collection of vibrators in the building they are a common item for the problem. I have trouble seeing Riley not taking care of that aspect of her physical well being.
    As far as I know, regardless of orientation, LGBTQ or strait, "self service" may be effective for physical needs and tension relief for many. However, I posit that in general just isn't as satisfying of an experience unless the intimacy is shared with another.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure that, again regardless of orientation, it's not just about the sex. It is the full package deal. the Togetherness, closeness and having that someone in your life.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Riley is strong, intelligent, and confident. She is also a good person to lean on when times are bad. If someone is in trouble she can spot it and help them. That's one of her strengths and also her biggest weakness. Who does Riley lean on when she has problems? I think this might also be a reason why she drinks too much.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    Riley is strong, intelligent, and confident. She is also a good person to lean on when times are bad. If someone is in trouble she can spot it and help them. That's one of her strengths and also her biggest weakness. Who does Riley lean on when she has problems? I think this might also be a reason why she drinks too much.
    Exactly. As has been mentioned, she seems to have a self imposed "I need to be the strong one," kind of thing going on and she also seems to be taken for granted to a degree.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast