User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points

Poor Riley (spoilers) speculation theory

ok so... Riley. poor Riley

ok i think it might be safe to say Riley may very well be Bisexual with heavy lesbian tendancies.

her comment of "i like them tall and blonde" may not be aimed at men, it might be aimed at women, (said during chapter 7 blood sweat and fears part 1)

we have always worked on the assumption Riley was straight. so maybe Riley has a thing for Lizzy, Lizzy is blonde after all and to be fair, Riley seems like a strong woman, so why wouldn't she grab Angel and ride him into the middle of next week, the fact Lizzy and Saul started hooking up almost right away i don't know off the top of my head is Lizzy and Riley were good friends but didn't Riley start drinking heavily after Lizzy and Saul started hooking up.

Besides out of everyone, has anyone ever asked Riley how shes doing, has anyone sat down with her and talked things over with her, how many friends does she actually have, does anyone ever say thank you for the meals she cooks, how taken for granted is she?

it would seem like everyone goes to riley for something but riley never gets anything back, she even had to begin to bitch at micheal saying "a hug isn't always about you"
    i belive it was Pegs or Lizzy saying "Riley you can cook, you can shoot, is there anything you can't do?"

maybe in the back of her mind shes thinking "i can't get laid?"

but sexual prefrence and all that aside, my other point of how many people actually stop and say "hey Riley, how are you, do you need a hand prepping dinner, do you wanna talk about anything" the fact people keep taking and taking from Riley = depression and well alcaholic tendancies, once again more an open discussion than anything else.

but maybe when she wandered off into the corn field later on and tried to kill herself or atleast thats what i am assuming she tried to do because after the fall of the tower after everyone has taken and taken and taken from her and not said thank you for the use of her skills etc they all just died, if i was in that situation and wanted a little attention for anything, that would kick me in the teeth without a doubt because if you can't get sex a little attention in some other way for something else your doing would probably go along way but did anyone ever say it?

even Kalani said thanks to Lizzy for listening and she was like "meh i'm a therapist its my job" even though shes not keen on the job she still got a thanks, people say thanks to micheal and datu and burt but i don't think i've ever heard anyone say thanks to Riley for being such a crutial member of the tower who is constantly over looked even when Riley isn't cooking shes chipping in and helping people out the whole time.
    Last edited by Drogon Malice; May 18th, 2012 at 04:23 AM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drogon Malice View Post
    ok so... Riley. poor Riley

ok i think it might be safe to say Riley may very well be Bisexual with heavy lesbian tendancies.

her comment of "i like them tall and blonde" may not be aimed at men, it might be aimed at women, (said during chapter 7 blood sweat and fears part 1)

we have always worked on the assumption Riley was straight. so maybe Riley has a thing for Lizzy, Lizzy is blonde after all and to be fair, Riley seems like a strong woman, so why wouldn't she grab Angel and ride him into the middle of next week, the fact Lizzy and Saul started hooking up almost right away i don't know off the top of my head is Lizzy and Riley were good friends but didn't Riley start drinking heavily after Lizzy and Saul started hooking up.

Besides out of everyone, has anyone ever asked Riley how shes doing, has anyone sat down with her and talked things over with her, how many friends does she actually have, does anyone ever say thank you for the meals she cooks, how taken for granted is she?

it would seem like everyone goes to riley for something but riley never gets anything back, she even had to begin to bitch at micheal saying "a hug isn't always about you"
    i belive it was Pegs or Lizzy saying "Riley you can cook, you can shoot, is there anything you can't do?"

maybe in the back of her mind shes thinking "i can't get laid?"

but sexual prefrence and all that aside, my other point of how many people actually stop and say "hey Riley, how are you, do you need a hand prepping dinner, do you wanna talk about anything" the fact people keep taking and taking from Riley = depression and well alcaholic tendancies, once again more an open discussion than anything else.

but maybe when she wandered off into the corn field later on and tried to kill herself or atleast thats what i am assuming she tried to do because after the fall of the tower after everyone has taken and taken and taken from her and not said thank you for the use of her skills etc they all just died, if i was in that situation and wanted a little attention for anything, that would kick me in the teeth without a doubt because if you can't get sex a little attention in some other way for something else your doing would probably go along way but did anyone ever say it?

even Kalani said thanks to Lizzy for listening and she was like "meh i'm a therapist its my job" even though shes not keen on the job she still got a thanks, people say thanks to micheal and datu and burt but i don't think i've ever heard anyone say thanks to Riley for being such a crutial member of the tower who is constantly over looked even when Riley isn't cooking shes chipping in and helping people out the whole time.
    We have? Actually, we've all pretty much agreed right out the gate that Riley was gay.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    We have? Actually, we've all pretty much agreed right out the gate that Riley was gay.
    alright well thats news to me XD but the fact the community has agreed that from the start. but still no sex, no one says thank you and all that, think about it? causes massive alcaholism, the one person you prefer is hooking up with "a guy" just thoughts but there might be something a bit more too it.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

alright well thats news to me XD but the fact the community has agreed that from the start. but still no sex, no one says thank you and all that, think about it? causes massive alcaholism, the one person you prefer is hooking up with "a guy" just thoughts but there might be something a bit more too it.
    I'd like to think that her alcoholism is less about the fact that she's gay--because that would put it in a real negative light--and more about the general hopelessness of the situation as a whole. It's a dire fucking situation, and not everyone has the coping mechanisms to be able to maintain. It's entirely possible that she's always had the problem. We can't rule out the fact that alcoholism is genetic. It's possible that one of her parents was, which would make her genetically predisposed to the disease. I see where you're going with this, but it's such a dark road, I just can't go any further with you. Sorry, mate.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    I'd like to think that her alcoholism is less about the fact that she's gay--because that would put it in a real negative light--and more about the general hopelessness of the situation as a whole. It's a dire fucking situation, and not everyone has the coping mechanisms to be able to maintain. It's entirely possible that she's always had the problem. We can't rule out the fact that alcoholism is genetic. It's possible that one of her parents was, which would make her genetically predisposed to the disease. I see where you're going with this, but it's such a dark road, I just can't go any further with you. Sorry, mate.

no no i wasn't saying that her alcaholism is completely caused by her sexual prefrence but the worlds going to shit you bend over backwards cooking for a tower full of people who never say thank you etc. take you for granted and not sexual prefrence here but the fact you can't get laid it does stack up on you.

it maybe because of social diffrenced between countrys, but when i've been in america before i've noticed not many people have actively said thank you for something for a service etc, where as here in europe its a bit more heard of (wow i'm really trying not to sound like a complete dick here) so i dunno i just wanted to say that everythin piling up on her did anyone say thanks or offer to sit down and let her get issues off her chest. thats all i'm saying.

i'm not saying her sexual prefrence is to do directly to do with anything but the fact she can't get laid may be causing sexual tension. people when they don't get laid or get extra sexual energy normally go out and do things like work out or go for runs etc but theres only so much of that you can take, no one talks to you, or says thank you are the key things i'm trying to focus on there, i was just saying i suspected something was going on with her sexual prefrence but its not essential to everything else, even if you remove the idea of sex, there is still working and cooking for a whole tower of people with hardly ever hearing a thank you or have someone talking to you about how your coping with things, her friends pegs and lizzy are off chasing after micheal and saul. and infact after lizzy got all pretty for saul riley comes down hammered when latch and scratch are knocking on the door, so theres some connection between that and stress.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    I have to agree with you on this entirely and I would add. Riley was clearly depressed and many people self medicate with drugs and alcohol to combat the feelings of depression. Given her current situation and the state of the world and the loss of Angel and Lizzie. Riley has ever reason to be depressed. Hell I'd take up the bottle as well.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    no no i wasn't saying that her alcaholism is completely caused by her sexual prefrence but the worlds going to shit you bend over backwards cooking for a tower full of people who never say thank you etc. take you for granted and not sexual prefrence here but the fact you can't get laid it does stack up on you.

it maybe because of social diffrenced between countrys, but when i've been in america before i've noticed not many people have actively said thank you for something for a service etc, where as here in europe its a bit more heard of (wow i'm really trying not to sound like a complete dick here) so i dunno i just wanted to say that everythin piling up on her did anyone say thanks or offer to sit down and let her get issues off her chest. thats all i'm saying.

i'm not saying her sexual prefrence is to do directly to do with anything but the fact she can't get laid may be causing sexual tension. people when they don't get laid or get extra sexual energy normally go out and do things like work out or go for runs etc but theres only so much of that you can take, no one talks to you, or says thank you are the key things i'm trying to focus on there, i was just saying i suspected something was going on with her sexual prefrence but its not essential to everything else, even if you remove the idea of sex, there is still working and cooking for a whole tower of people with hardly ever hearing a thank you or have someone talking to you about how your coping with things, her friends pegs and lizzy are off chasing after micheal and saul. and infact after lizzy got all pretty for saul riley comes down hammered when latch and scratch are knocking on the door, so theres some connection between that and stress.

I've been in Europe (england/wales) I can say I've seen the same behaviors your stating about the U.S. there. I think its poor upbringing on the part of the person not a statement of the country in general.

Sexual tension... I'm pretty sure there was a large collection of vibrators in the building they are a common item for the problem. I have trouble seeing Riley not taking care of that aspect of her physical well being.

I'm going with depression... for what ails Riley.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I would say that manners are entirely dependant on who you are around. I know some Americans that are quite polite and some that are selfish douche bags. I can say the same about Canada, Australia, China, France, Egypt, Italy, Greece... anywhere you can think of. I do hear what you're saying though. I think out of all of them Riley is one of the most realistic characters. Don't get me wrong, I can't fucking stand Riley at all, but the fact that she turned to the bottle to cope with the end of the world is probably the most realistic depiction of a survivor that we've seen. She simply just couldn't deal, and I don't think it had a tremendous amount to do with whether or not anyone was thanking her for what she did, or whether she was able to talk to anyone. I think she just reached the end of her rope and started swinging.

This does raise the interesting question about coping mechanisms. So far we've seen alcoholism, criers, hotheads, people that simple freeze up, and people who absolutely batshit crazy. I wonder what else we'll discover now that a new group is in the mix.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    hmmm yeah you both raise good points about the manners thing, i was honestly trying to not go there but from what people have said in my social circle aorund me and my experiances to the states people have always said the english are very polite, i dunno i just thought there might of been something there, its probably nothing though, i just get the feeling theres something else at work with Riley she does do alot for the group maybe shes working herself to death?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    . I think out of all of them Riley is one of the most realistic characters. Don't get me wrong, I can't fucking stand Riley at all, but the fact that she turned to the bottle to cope with the end of the world is probably the most realistic depiction of a survivor that we've seen. She simply just couldn't deal, and I don't think it had a tremendous amount to do with whether or not anyone was thanking her for what she did, or whether she was able to talk to anyone. I think she just reached the end of her rope and started swinging.

This does raise the interesting question about coping mechanisms. So far we've seen alcoholism, criers, hotheads, people that simple freeze up, and people who absolutely batshit crazy. I wonder what else we'll discover now that a new group is in the mix.

I totally agree with this. Her reaction is very realistic. (I'm out of rep for you for a while LOL)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast