User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt

Hummer Road Clearence: Are they ever going to do anything about it?

I think as Saul would put it, the roads are "slammed." The view from the air showed that the highway out of LA were FULL, 12 lanes to a side and going up on to the embankment.

I have an interest in the "Gun Trucks" of the Vietnam and current modern era:

Eye Candy links:
    Link
    Link
    Link
    Link

What I want to know, are they EVER going to get one of THESE, or build one of THESE with THIS?

Getting roads open would help I think.
    Last edited by Red Shirt; May 31st, 2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Broken link removed
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I see what you mean, and I can certainly see the value in having armored gun trucks for running on zombie infested roads. I think you need some of these for actually removing the cars from the roads:

D7 Armored Bulldozer.jpgM9 ACE.jpgM88A2.jpgMRAP-Buffalo-001.jpg

You should be able to find all of them at Fort Irwin, or at the National Guard base at Los Alamitos in Orange County.
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; May 17th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Found a better idea I think, the Assault Breacher Vehicle. All M1s have a 1500 HP engine and about a 300 mile range with a full load of fuel. Failing that, the M88A2 Hercules would work too. Both still needs the train plow on the front.

Put that at the front of the convoy with one or two M104 Wolverines or M60 AVLB's, a few Gun Trucks or MRAP's; RG33 HAGAs to pick up survivors and there you go.

I was thinking of using a wedge style plow to essentially push and shove the vehicles out of the way. I figured on dealing with 'removing' them from the road later, if ever.

Irwin WILL run out of fuel eventually, they need to consider the fuel depot back in LA, if nothing else.
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Once the roads are opened it would open some interesting story seeds for the future. I'm imagining convoys running from Fort Irwin to, say, the Colony, periodically having to transit "Injun Territory" where they'd have to shoot their way through crowds of zombies.

"Gatherer"

Status
    How about one of these. Just armor up the cab and put an M1 Abrams in the back.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GeneTwo; May 17th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

I like how you think.

However I would go with filling the dumper with machine gun firing points and doing something about that giant target of a radiator.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I remember seeing these in a PBS show about mining. These trucks are called ultra class trucks. They can carry more than 300+ tons of dirt, so pushing a pile up of cars out of the way should be no problem. The only problem would be fuel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caterpillar_797

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    I like how you think.

However I would go with filling the dumper with machine gun firing points and doing something about that giant target of a radiator.
    They did something exactly like that in the movie "Soldier", with Kurt Russell. I wish I could find an image to post!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    They did something exactly like that in the movie "Soldier", with Kurt Russell. I wish I could find an image to post!
    It was apparently called a "Crawler."

I found a couple: A still from the movie and in LEGO!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Put a giant plow on one of those and the colony is done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast