Quote Originally Posted by VEE View Post
    Sadly not

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    By being crumbled to the point of being an "it" more than a human being, being broken to the point of only being able to write things out, and then being shot in the face? He died a prisoner, he didn't get a blaze of glory like kalani or bill
    Not a blaze of Glory? What do you mean! That mow-foe did a instant repell down a metal cable into a freakin burning tanker... AND LIVED... long enough to get to that scene.

Bad ass.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollomandious View Post
    Not a blaze of Glory? What do you mean! That mow-foe did a instant repell down a metal cable into a freakin burning tanker... AND LIVED... long enough to get to that scene.

Bad ass.
    Thank you my feelings exactly
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

36 pages? Cheesus Crust... cliffs? Anyone?
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status

Gamertag: daredevilk PSN ID: daredevilk Steam ID: daredevilk
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollomandious View Post

Bad ass.
    And, He died giving a final F you to Scratch. Blaze of Glory Indeed
    I can turn anyone to my cause.... Just give me a minute.

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Towards the end of his life my Grandfather, who I adored, became very ill, leukemia. He was 76 and spent the last days of his life in a hospital bed. He’d survived WWII, a tank reclamation officer. He and his colleagues went back over enemy lines to try and get broken down and damaged tanks back for repair. He wouldn’t talk about it any more than that and I can only imagine some of the horrors he must have seen. When he returned from the war he went down the mines, as most people from that part of South Wales tended to have to do. A shaft collapsed, he survived, but left one of his legs behind. It didn’t affect him that much, he had to work above ground, but he still did 50 sit ups, 50 press ups and, surprisingly, 50 star jumps (with his prosthetic on) every morning, until he was 74. He was a strong man, who loved life. I remember him getting into a fight in the pub in his late 60’s, against a 20 year old, the 20 year old didn’t stand a chance.

The reason I’m telling you this is because the scene with Angel, his exit, reminds me of the Grandfathers final moments. He couldn’t speak but wanted to tell his children something, so they hurriedly found a piece of cardboard, torn off a box, and a pen. On it he wrote, “The End”, and then he died.

Very few of us get to go out in a blaze of glory, the most we can really hope for is a little dignity.

"Hoarder"

Status

Gamertag: daredevilk PSN ID: daredevilk Steam ID: daredevilk
    Quote Originally Posted by VEE View Post
    Towards the end of his life my Grandfather, who I adored, became very ill, leukemia. He was 76 and spent the last days of his life in a hospital bed. He’d survived WWII, a tank reclamation officer. He and his colleagues went back over enemy lines to try and get broken down and damaged tanks back for repair. He wouldn’t talk about it any more than that and I can only imagine some of the horrors he must have seen. When he returned from the war he went down the mines, as most people from that part of South Wales tended to have to do. A shaft collapsed, he survived, but left one of his legs behind. It didn’t affect him that much, he had to work above ground, but he still did 50 sit ups, 50 press ups and, surprisingly, 50 star jumps (with his prosthetic on) every morning, until he was 74. He was a strong man, who loved life. I remember him getting into a fight in the pub in his late 60’s, against a 20 year old, the 20 year old didn’t stand a chance.

The reason I’m telling you this is because the scene with Angel, his exit, reminds me of the Grandfathers final moments. He couldn’t speak but wanted to tell his children something, so they hurriedly found a piece of cardboard, torn off a box, and a pen. On it he wrote, “The End”, and then he died.

Very few of us get to go out in a blaze of glory, the most we can really hope for is a little dignity.
    I'm both sorry for your loss and proud of your grandfather for his awesome last line
    I can turn anyone to my cause.... Just give me a minute.

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    I'm both sorry for your loss and proud of your grandfather for his awesome last line
    Thanks, was a while ago now, but i think of him often.

The scene with Angel seemed very 'right' to me I guess.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    36 pages? Cheesus Crust... cliffs? Anyone?
    I'm with you. I haven't seen this much activity on one episode is a while. Makes ya wonder what the next chapter will bring.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast