User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Other Audio Dramas?

So, while we're alive is awesome, the time between episodes makes it difficult to listen to nonstop. What other Radio dramas (podcasts or otherwise) have you enjoyed? why?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    I've always been big into ZBS audio dramas. http://zbs.org . tho, ya have to pay for those. They've got a couple of series that have been going on since the mid 70's. Good stuff if yer willing to pay.

I'm about to start hunting for some other ones. But, after ya find something like We're Alive, the rest just, kinda feel crappy.

Thanks for setting the bar so damn hi Kc. Really appreciate it... (only 1/2 sarcastic).
    Likes tinfoilhats liked this post

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Check out Wormwood. http://wormwoodshow.com/ A buddy turned me on to this one. It's not as good as we're alive, but good in it's own right.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Gatherer"

Status
    There's one called Autumn that's available on iTunes, if you can get passed some of the hard to understand British accents it's not bad. But We're Alive has just set the bar too high for me, I can't seem to find one that grabs me the same way. Most of them either have horrible recordings, bad sound effects, bad editing, bad acting, or just bad everything. If someone can find something that compares to this one, please let me know.

Granted, I'm also looking for something strictly horror/myster/thriller type and most of those out there I don't like.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    Didn't Superman use to be back in the day a radio drama?

"Lurker"

Status
    The Leviathan Chronicles is pretty good. Wormwood is alright. And Children of The Gods is decent.
    Likes Lilydragon liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Pontypool is pretty good. It's an hour long radio drama version of the film. http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/ar...ol_audio.shtml It's the same film with the same actors, but it was shot for audio and visual listeners and viewers at the the same time.

Listened to it last week and thought it was quite good. If you have a free hour give it a shot

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    If ya can get your hands on the entire 5 part version of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It's brilliant from beginning to end.

Damn... i need to load that up now for today.

"Lurker"

Status
    There are many..I'm an audio junkie..
    Besides Wormwood, and Leviathan Chronicles mentioned above..You can try "Fetidus-the foundation for the unethical treatment of the undead"-
    "19 Nocturne Blvd"-
    "Darker Projects"
    or tryhttp://theaudiodramadirectory.com/ ..it has a huge directory with synopsis by genre.
    Lots of horror..sci fi etc..
    Last edited by bohemianroxie; Jan 26th, 2011 at 05:07 PM.
    Likes Lilydragon liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Couldn't get into Wormwood for some reason....I'm hooked on Decoder Ring Theater's "Red Panda" and "Black Jack Justice". For comedy I like "The Streets of Staccato" about a rather dim 70s-ish cop. I'd also recommend Broken Sea Audio; they do new episodes of X Files, Kolchak; the Night Stalker, and others. It's amazing how much good stuff there is. I listen to Escape Pod and Pseudopod; they're short stories, not serials.

I love OTR like "Light's Out", "Suspense", and Sherlock Holmes. And I find myself hooked on "Tales of the Texas Rangers" whenever XM plays it. (I drive for a living so I listen to a LOT of audio)

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast