User Tag List

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Another amazing episode! It's hard to imagine the United States reduced to one city of 150,000 and one military base in the Mojave Desert!

I'm amazed that Pegs was given the choice to leave. I would have thought COL Kimmet would have drafted a competent helicopter pilot on the spot, civilian or not.

Is anyone else holding out hope that one or more of the Tower survivors has a change of heart and gets off the plane before it takes off? I'm hoping the three (four?) figures in the distance in the Chapter artwork are our people coming back.
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; May 7th, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Is anyone else holding out hope that one or more of the Tower survivors has a change of heart and gets off the plane before it takes off? I'm hoping the three (four?) figures in the distance in the Chapter artwork are our people coming back.
    I was hoping for that too. Maybe Pegs would change her mind and start fighting to be let off. But the plane already took off and was in the air before Michael and Riley turned to leave so not much hope for that.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Just got through the episode for the first time. I was frustrated that Michael was allowed to leave the briefing. He had till the next morning to talk with his people why the hell would a Colonel allow him to leave in the middle of the briefing. I know that this is a fictional story but I would think that the Kimmet would want his new asset up to speed and working ASAP and that he would have little compassion about Micheal's musings for the civilians he came with.

The Coast Guard was the first to get their poop together was another hint I got out of this. I have often wondered about the naval situation. Ships at sea wouldn't be affected right off the bat so I was wondering if there are strong seaborne forces to augment what is left of the ragtag bunch on land. I would think submarines would have been the safest place at the time of "the event." The big missile subs would have quite a large nuclear capability too.

"Lurker"

Status
    I think the group will be staying for a little longer. Tanya was/is infected, no way they would let people near her go to the last known bastion of humanity without more medical inspection and evaluation. They know they have slow turners/carriers on their hands, they aren't going anywhere.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by trubkir View Post
    I have often wondered about the naval situation. Ships at sea wouldn't be affected right off the bat so I was wondering if there are strong seaborne forces to augment what is left of the ragtag bunch on land. I would think submarines would have been the safest place at the time of "the event." The big missile subs would have quite a large nuclear capability too.
    I agree that the status of Navy ships that were at sea at the time of the outbreak is a huge question. And crews in ICBM silos and underground command centers, etc. I suspect that the fact that they weren't mentioned in COL Kimmet's briefing means that they either didn't make it or they are not in contact with Fort Irwin.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I agree that the status of Navy ships that were at sea at the time of the outbreak is a huge question. And crews in ICBM silos and underground command centers, etc. I suspect that the fact that they weren't mentioned in COL Kimmet's briefing means that they either didn't make it or they are not in contact with Fort Irwin.

Thank you Kc for putting the Coast Guard in a good light. It always seems like we're the subject of the jokes and are always the ones to either cause more bad than good or are just a joke compared to other branches. I was literally cheering in my truck on my way home from base today because my branch got props from Kimmet.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Although Boulder and Ft. Irwin sound to be the last refuge of human life on the continental United States, keep in mind Col. Kimmet did state that they haven't had any other contact. He might not know about the Colony but it exists, which would make it reasonable to assume that other such pockets of civilization exist. There might be some Fort out in Florida, Texas, and/or somewhere on the East coast doing well, just in a situation where they can't contact each other.

That's why they need to get some douche bag like Kevin Costner to run snail mail across the country!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    there goes datu... crying again... for the last time :_(

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Hmm...

Anyone else get the feeling we may have just heard the beginnings of the mallers/ other tower hatred?..picture this. Coast guard lands at lax..mallers want to get on..fight ensues...cj and Sean survivealong with a couple others..set up other tower. Boom.

Hey, nobody else has said it...i just had to
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    On thinking of other pockets of civilization, isn't there like this Mountain where all the high profile members of the executive branch and stuff supposed to go in the event of a hell-on-earth emergency? Or am I just thinking of Terminator 3 too much? Seriously though, isn't there some Mountain bunker currently in use where they store the countries secrets on mainframes and shit miles below rock?
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast