User Tag List

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Saturday May 5 is Free Comic Book Day!

On the off chance that there are any comic book nerds among us, don't forget that Saturday May 5 is Free Comic Book Day! This is a once-a-year event during which publishers print up special editions of some of their most popular comic book lines and give them away free to anyone who shows up at their local comic book store.

For information on which stores are participating, and on what titles they'll be giving away check this website: http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992

I plan to take a load of nephews, nieces and neighbors kids; there's nothing like the sight of young nerds scarfing up free stuff! I will also be buying my copy of the premiere edition of "Rex, Zombie Killer"!

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    On the off chance that there are any comic book nerds among us, don't forget that Saturday May 5 is Free Comic Book Day! This is a once-a-year event during which publishers print up special editions of some of their most popular comic book lines and give them away free to anyone who shows up at their local comic book store.

For information on which stores are participating, and on what titles they'll be giving away check this website: http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992

I plan to take a load of nephews, nieces and neighbors kids; there's nothing like the sight of young nerds scarfing up free stuff! I will also be buying my copy of the premiere edition of "Rex, Zombie Killer"!
    I think one or two of the shops in my area are doing it on Saturday and Sunday. If my kids are good, I'll take them on Sunday. Can't do it Saturday because the wife and I are going to Austin tomorrow.
    The family has enjoyed Free Comic Day for the last several years. It's a good time, and definitely an excuse to get out of the house and experience other mediums. Besides, it's a gateway for people to enjoy all these comic book movies even more.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    This is only going to be topical for a short time, so I'm going to bump it.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Star Wars/Serenity!!!
    Mouse Guard!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BUFFY/GUILD?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Here are the free comics I picked up today (almost all for nieces and nephews, but the Serenity is for me!). There is still time to get to your local comic book store and score your own today!
    Free Comics Photo.jpg

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Took all three kids after the wife and I got back from our zipline tour. The two places we went to had signs saying they were out of the free ones, but we found one hidden in the Archie Comics section. So the littlest one got a Smurfs/Tinkerbell comic for free. We did get to meet an inker for Marvel Comics during the 90s and 00s as well. The kiddies had fun, even if their bags were a little less full today.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I will also be buying my copy of the premiere edition of "Rex, Zombie Killer"!
    Hey, thanks for mentioning my comic book, and I hope you were able to pick up a copy! I did a signing at an area store for Free Comic Book Day and had a couple We're Alive listeners stop by. As a big fan of We're Alive myself, that was fun.

Hope everyone had a great FCBD!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Sadly, my LCS has gone the way of the Dodo.
    joint-point-counter-joint