User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    Fish do..and they are alive.
    Sea mammals are able to hold their breath for long long periods of time. They (water zeds) could have expanded lung abilities...
    We're not talking about fish, obviously, or sea mammals. Incidentally, which ones breathed 'breath'? Which ones bled and healed? Which ones slept? I'd like time codes for those references. Not because I disbelieve you, just that I'm curious to hear the context surrounding the information. It's questionable to think that the 'water zeds' expanded their lung ability simply because they were immersed in water.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    We're not talking about fish, obviously, or sea mammals. Incidentally, which ones breathed 'breath'? Which ones bled and healed? Which ones slept? I'd like time codes for those references. Not because I disbelieve you, just that I'm curious to hear the context surrounding the information. It's questionable to think that the 'water zeds' expanded their lung ability simply because they were immersed in water.
    Give me a couple of days to run through the old pod casts. I'm happy to find them.

I never said that part.. just that they could. We've seen evidence that they are "designed" for different purposes. The jumpers, the fast ones, big ones, smart ones, little ones logic would dictate one that could hide in water would or could happen.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Give me a couple of days to run through the old pod casts. I'm happy to find them.

I never said that part.. just that they could. We've seen evidence that they are "designed" for different purposes. The jumpers, the fast ones, big ones, smart ones, little ones logic would dictate one that could hide in water would or could happen.
    Perhaps design in the 'later models', but those that attacked the boat were half starved and utterly ruined, which would imply that they had travelled a great distance OR been underwater for a good long time. It seems unlikely that aberration as random as that would appear. It's simply too random.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Osiris;39315]Perhaps design in the 'later models', but those that attacked the boat were half starved and utterly ruined, which would imply that they had travelled a great distance OR been underwater for a good long time. It seems unlikely that aberration as random as that would appear. It's simply too random. [QUOTE]

We've seen that the little ones were designed that part was made clear. Wouldn't it follow along the same idea to think of the others as being designed as well. like a car some designs work better then others. Humans without a different type of skin would not do well underwater. Maybe these water types are flawed.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

It makes no sense when you consider that the aberrations have been localized to one area. Meaning that the genetic mutations seem to come from the same 'lab'. It has been touched upon before that Ink was opportunistic and began experimenting on captured Zeds--or at least ones that had been contained prior to infection. It seems less likely that he would waste time and resources trying to create a Zed that can breath underwater than it would he spend time creating something that can move with speed and agility, clear distances efficiently, and use sheer size to wreak havoc.

The move to venture out into the ocean simply doesn't make sense. From what Kalani said, the same thing was happening in Hawaii (which we know to be true, based on his journal). Consider that groups farther out of town had not seen any of these 'new' zombies.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    It makes no sense when you consider that the aberrations have been localized to one area. Meaning that the genetic mutations seem to come from the same 'lab'. It has been touched upon before that Ink was opportunistic and began experimenting on captured Zeds--or at least ones that had been contained prior to infection. It seems less likely that he would waste time and resources trying to create a Zed that can breath underwater than it would he spend time creating something that can move with speed and agility, clear distances efficiently, and use sheer size to wreak havoc.
    The move to venture out into the ocean simply doesn't make sense. From what Kalani said, the same thing was happening in Hawaii (which we know to be true, based on his journal). Consider that groups farther out of town had not seen any of these 'new' zombies.
    My own personal theory is Mr Pinstripes was part of a government experiment. History is full of it and not just Dr Josef Mengele but actual detailed history of the poor, indigent, insane (mr stripes) women etc being used as lab rats. I do not think that all the funky new types are Ink's doing. I think the small one are his. But the others were done by someone or someones else.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

My own personal theory is Mr Pinstripes was part of a government experiment. History is full of it and not just Dr Josef Mengele but actual detailed history of the poor, indigent, insane (mr stripes) women etc being used as lab rats. I do not think that all the funky new types are Ink's doing. I think the small one are his. But the others were done by someone or someones else.
    Perhaps, still seems to be far too random a trait to appear. It has no use beyond being under water. There seem to be no strengths to draw upon other than that. Michael's description of them, the location, the fact that no other abnormal ones seem to appear outside of the Hot Zone lead me down the road that there are some dead that are walking and some mutated that are potentially still alive.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Its not random I think its as deliberate as the jumpers and the fast ones. Ok now I have to get my tinfoil hat on. Look at the whole group of zombies as an army.... normal = infantry the most common the most active fighter, smart ones are the leaders they direct, control and communicate, Ink = the general, big ones are the tanks slow, powerful, fast ones could be fast attack assault vehicles. See where I'm going with this.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I dont think that the Little Ones are kid zombies.

The Kane Medical Institute which was Ink's workshop, where some think he was tattooing the little ones, is located inside the hospital. Kalani and Riley mentioned seeing bloody drag marks all over the area.

Do you suppose that Ink has some way to figure out which person changes into the different kinds of zombies ie. runners, jumpers, behemoths, and smart ones? Then he has those people captured and brought to him so he can change them.

Or better yet mixes different kinds of drugs or pathogens with zombie blood (they are in a hospital) to create different zombies. Steroids for behemoths, human growth hormone for fast ones, that kind of thing.
    Last edited by GeneTwo; May 5th, 2012 at 12:20 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTwo View Post
    I dont think that the Little Ones are kid zombies.

The Kane Medical Institute which was Ink's workshop, where some think he was tattooing the little ones, is located inside the hospital. Kalani and Riley mentioned seeing bloody drag marks all over the area.

Do you suppose that Ink has some way to figure out which person changes into the different kinds of zombies ie. runners, jumpers, behemoths, and smart ones? Then he has those people captured and brought to him so he can change them.

Or better yet mixes different kinds of drugs or pathogens with zombie blood (they are in a hospital) to create different zombies. Steroids for behemoths, human growth hormone for fast ones, that kind of thing.

If they aren't children then what are they? They are the smallest of all the zombies seen maybe 3 or 3.5 feet tall. To take a fully grown adult human body and force it down to that size doesn't seem provable. It would be easier to make something bigger.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast