User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Denver, CO ~ Microbrew capital of the world!
    Fan F'ning tastic episode! Love my WA Mondays. Recognized Britt right away, which, for a moment, made my podcast worlds collide... Congratulations Britt!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Thanks KC.

Btw, do you have military on the actors crew? Everything sound legit, I thought I would need clearance to listen most of the conversations.
    Burt (Marv) was former Army, like myself. In fact we served with each other. And Victor (Otto) was a Marine (Well, once, always). And Kelly(Tammy) was Air Force.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by PamG View Post
    Fan F'ning tastic episode! Love my WA Mondays. Recognized Britt right away, which, for a moment, made my podcast worlds collide... Congratulations Britt!
    I hope that Britt doesn't get a big ego like our old friend Greg Miller. It will be hard to fit them in the podcast room. And now Nikvoodoo will want a spot on the show.... Wait maybe he already on it? Maybe know so much.... bc he the PIMP zombie!!!!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Bravo!! Does it seem surreal to anyone else that they are walking around in civilazation?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    I hope that Britt doesn't get a big ego like our old friend Greg Miller. It will be hard to fit them in the podcast room. And now Nikvoodoo will want a spot on the show.... Wait maybe he already on it? Maybe know so much.... bc he the PIMP zombie!!!!

Ah the plot thickens

Supplier of pinstriped suits and tattoos to all the best dressed zombies

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ARRRRGH...
    Soo close to maybe getting the juicy details.. and the Epi ends!

Great episode (again) Kc

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I loved the detail about the base being under-manned because they were between rotations. When I was stationed at Fort Irwin the base worked in cycles. Units would arrive for training and remain for exactly 28 days. During that time it was all-hands-on-deck for the people assigned to the base and we'd routinely work through weekends. After the training unit left we'd go into a stand-down period, where people got a chance to take a break. The OPFOR unit (currently 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment) would focus on maintenance and normal soldier skills. The training evaluation units would make sure the ranges and support systems work, develop plans, etc.

During the inter-rotation periods people would take time off and there was always at least one 4-day weekend when virtually the entire base closed down. Since a large portion of the soldiers assigned to Fort Irwin lived off base, and virtually all of the civilian workers did, the place was a virtual ghost-town during these periods. Ironic, weapons for thousands without enough bodies to man them!

FYI, Yermo, where Puck earned his blood stripes, is a small town east of Barstow. It's important because the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Yermo is the closest point that the railroad comes to Fort Irwin. That's where equipment and supplies for Fort Irwin are delivered, and there's a large military warehouse center there.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I wonder what "pantech" (sp?) is, and why the Colonel was there.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I wonder what "pantech" (sp?) is, and why the Colonel was there.
    Also how did he get there? Air or land?

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Loved the episode.
    I kept feeling a strange whiplash between comfort and foreboding about everything going on at Ft. Irwin. Comfort because it seems safe and secure with some sense of normality but there's just a tiny bit of an ominous feel. Mostly the foreboding was coming from Michael though. He seems to be torn between who he was before and who he has become since the start of the show. Like he's afraid that by going back on active duty he might lose some growth he's undergone. It's really great writing and shows the depth of the characterization.

Also Britt finally makes her cameo on the show! I had to go back and re-listen after I heard her name in the credits. It was a good performance. Congrats!
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast