User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you want to move the good people up to washington state?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

2 40.00%
  • no

3 60.00%
    "Lurker"

Status

Cool why not move WA to WA? lol i mean washington state

This would be an awesome scenario because all of the good people could search for a cure to the zombification process in one of the most advanced hospitals in the world: seattle!( and maybe throw some zombie greys anatomy chracters in for laughs) and the trip up to washington would advance the plot a lot and create new directions for WA as in were alive

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Old topic, but it is still on top...

I think that a move to WA state would be generally an all around bad idea. The outbreak seems to have had a geologic cause. WA not only sits on the edge of the "Ring of Fire," but there are Active volcanoes there. Mount Baker, Glacier Peak, Mount Rainier, Goat Rocks, Mount Adams, Mount St. Helens, Indian Heaven, West Crater and Trout Creek Hill. Trout Creek Hill could be considered dormant with its last eruption having been 340,000 y/ago, but Mount St. Helens erupted twice in 2008. Not to mention the 1980 eruption where it literally blew its top

For more than nine hours, a vigorous plume of ash erupted, eventually reaching 12 to 16 miles (20 to 27 km) above sea level. The plume moved eastward at an average speed of 60 miles per hour (100 km/h) with ash reaching Idaho by noon. Ashes from the eruption were found collecting on top of cars and roofs next morning, as far as the city of Edmonton in Alberta, Canada.

The St. Helens May 18 eruption released 24 megatons of thermal energy; it ejected more than 0.67 cubic miles (2.79 km3) of material. The removal of the north side of the mountain reduced St. Helens' height by about 1,300 feet (400 m) and left a crater 1 mile (1.6 km) to 2 miles (3.2 km) wide and 0.5 miles (800 m) deep, with its north end open in a huge breach. The eruption killed 57 people, nearly 7,000 big game animals (deer, elk, and bear), and an estimated 12 million fish from a hatchery. It destroyed or extensively damaged over 200 homes, 185 miles (298 km) of highway and 15 miles (24 km) of railways.
    Earthquake prone and susceptible to tsunami inundation as well...

Source 1
    Source 2
    Source 3
    Source 4

Knowing how hard Hawaii got hit... I'd pass on Washington.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Lurker"

Status
    Well there is fort lewis and mcchord air force base and also i think the WA group would live up somewhere on the eastern side of washington

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    I hope I didn't come across too badly. I Just realized how blunt I was. I meant to be cheeky.

OK, lets say that the State of Washington doesn't harbor an originating Hot Zone. The location of JBLM (Joint Base Lewis-McChord) is also problematic. (see pic) It is more or less a suburb of Tacoma. Not a place I want to blindly go without recon or best case, radio or other contact with local survivors. Ft. Irwin was a reasonably safe risk, but I would want the recon on JBLM.

Now, there are a few things going for it however:

• With minimal air traffic, the runways at Gray Army Air Field (~1 mile long) and at McChord (~2 miles long) would likely be clear unless SeaTac got clogged and started diverting there. Not likely for security reasons though.
    • JBLM is the home of the 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment. That's right. The effin' Rangers.
    • Also the home of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team. That's nearly the entirely of the whole 2nd Infantry Division. A Stryker, IMO, is precisely the vehicle you want in the Zombie Apocalypse.
    • JBLM is Right off of I-5 which makes it easy to navigate there, even by road if anyone EVER DECIDES TO MAKE A DAMNED ROAD CLEARING GUN TRUCK.

Researching for this reply made me realize that the idea to go north may not be too far off base, but I was re-listening to Ep 29 2/3 (5:15) and when Kimmet names the Hot Zones, he calls out Seattle... Then again, the timeline of when SHTF, all the soldiers would have been on base when it went down. But Kimmet also said that:
    There's too much hesitation when the enemy is your neighbor or friend.The other commands took the position to not use lethal force until they had to. They were hoping for a cure or something to change. One by one we lost contact with other bases.
    C-130's have an operational range of 3,262 miles... JBLM is worth at least a fly over.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Lurker"

Status

Hummer

Well eastern washington is totally seperated from western WA because the passes r usually jammed with snow making them impassable and climbing over the mountains is sucide especially for zombies and idaho, eastern oregon, and canada are not highly populated areas plus there is sure to be armories in eastern washington also i got an uncle who is a cop who keeps all matters of confiscated cars and guns and drugs wellllll i dont know about the drugs of they should be kept plus the town is not realy populated

"Lurker"

Status
    Also i totally forgot there is battleships stationed up in bellingham or somewhere or other so there is a constant naval, army, air force presence throughout the west side of washington

"Lurker"

Status

I think the northwest would be ok.... Washington or Oregon! I know this thread is about Washington but northern Oregon would be possible.

The area is rich in natural resources and good water! It may rain but with a little work we would have clean cloths and food grows good! And the forest is good cover and wood to burn and to make shelter!

Volcanos also don't explode all the dig time so no real worries. St. Helens had a growth spert, and is dormant. Also it could be used for thermal heating or for electricity. Also they have caves that stay the some temp all year long!

Washington is a good option.