User Tag List

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status

Gamertag: uuhhhuuu Steam ID: uuhhhuuu
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I'm not thrilled by the idea of paying for We're Alive, but the fact is that it would be worth it. I already pay for podcasts that I enjoy less ($2.99 a month for the Jay & Jack Podcasts). I'd pay for We're Alive under either of two circumstances. First, if it meant the difference between the program continuing or ending. Second, if it could help in any way in our getting the episodes faster. Sorry, both very selfish reasons, I know there's a definite fairness issue...the producers and the cast deserve to make money off of this fantastic product too.
    I wouldn't mind paying if they could turn this in to a video series/anime. would be really cool and worth it.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Live action TV series or mini series or webisodes, in that order. Walking Dead is sooooo slow, we could use another zombie show. Seriously, how much character development do you need?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Soo...I dont see this going over well. i have another idea to toss out..lets say you could buy it off itunes a day early...or wait and get it free the next day off of zombiepodcast...that way..if you just cant afford it...you dont have to worry about it. I doubt WA would want to do that to use at this point in time anyway...nobody would be forced to pay for it, and they would definitely make some cash from us impatient peoples! I better just shut up b4 KC tells me to himself! I am not trying to get people to spend $ they dont have...and I am certainly NOt trying to open a discussion of demands for the We're Alive crew...My only intention is to keep it worthwhile to them and lessen some of the stress from trying to raise $.

Does anybody know what the final bid was for the part in We're Alive? (fundraiser on Ebay to help them afford to attend the Audie awards.)

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Well I think that is prolly why WA is free...to do it well and get ppl to love it. I believe it has to be something a movie director wants to make a film of...if they themselves went out and made it, without a movie making professional it would probably disappoint you. It costs a lot of money to make a good movie. Walking Dead is about to pick up...promise.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I hope W.A. never finds commercialization in film or TV. That's not to say I wouldn't want to see the show enjoy a larger piece of the pie and broaden its fan base, it's simply that a network or studio would wrestle creative control away from the series creators--as they do with everything good--and turn it to dreck. That would be heartbreaking. Walking Dead is a prime example of butchering an art form in favour of commercial success.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    Well theirs always kickstarter.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    So, I too am anxiously awaiting Chapter 29. Does anyone know what it is titled?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by uuhhhuuu View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying if they could turn this in to a video series/anime. would be really cool and worth it.
    Anime. Definitely anime. Vocal tracks are already recorded, now it just needs to be animated. I think that if WA were to make it into some form of video format it would be best done as an anime. In live action, FX don't make the story, but bad FX can be a deal killer. In anime, FX would be a non-issue. Not to mention that the stylization of some animes would fit in the WA world quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    Not necessarily. Remember that there are no animals or insects and possibly not even normal decomposition bacteria living in the area. These all play a huge part in the rotting process. So it would only be the affect of the weather. The bodies are probably more like ones that are covered and sealed in a 'normal' situation.
    Learned about this fairly recently: During the American Civil war at the battle of Shiloh, there was a legend that spoke of soldiers with glowing wounds that had a better chance of surviving. Turns out that this may have been a lot more than a fairy tale:

Reference 1
    Reference 2
    Reference 3
    Reference 4

The oversimplified Nut Shell version: This bacteria is actively hostile to other bacteria but harmless to humans. Thus, getting infected with it was actually beneficial.

That said, it is not that big of a stretch of the imagination to conceive of a bacteriological agent that causes zombification and is hostile to other bacteria... and all other life apparently. This is a possible explanation for the lack of/extremely slowed decomposition in the bodies.

Here is some more scary crap that is going on in the real world that lends credence to bacteriological takeover:

Ice Sheets melting due to Climate Change, releasing 750,000 year old bacteria back into the wild:
    Reference 1
    Reference 2
    Reference 3

Drug-Resistant Bacteria Found in 4-Million-Year-Old Cave

250-million-year-old bacteria revived in lab
    Ancient bacteria brought back to life These guys have have revived more than 1,000 types of bacteria and microorganisms - some dating back as far as 135 million years ago, during the age of the dinosaurs.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurVeteran
    I saw this story recently and was immediately reminded of some of the speculation in this thread. With what we learned in Chapter 29
    SPOILER 
    I'm increasingly liking the idea of some ancient virus/bacteria being released by geologic activity. I'm even more intrigued by this theory after reading that article.
    Last edited by Kram; May 24th, 2012 at 06:01 PM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    I'm increasingly liking the idea of some ancient virus/bacteria being released by geologic activity.
    I'm not quite sold on this theory yet. My concern is that if it is some ancient virus/bacteria that was sequestered away underground until it was released by tectonic activity, then how did it become so host-specific? Humans appear to be the only ones who can be affected. We haven't seen any zombie birds/animals and are told that dogs are immune. So while this strain of virus/bacteria was isolated from human evolution, how could it have developed specific adaptions to infect humans and apparently nothing else? What use would this specificity be if the ancient virus/bacteria resurfaced and the appropriate host was not accessible? That would be evolutionary suicide.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast