Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darkness

"Hoarder"

Status

Gamertag: daredevilk PSN ID: daredevilk Steam ID: daredevilk

Darkness

Chapter 1
    The beginning.

Darkness, noises, many noises somewhere in the distance, one noise getting louder and louder until it’s the only noise to be heard.

“James Peterson,” Someone, somewhere said. The words seem familiar but I couldn’t place them, “James Peterson, wake up,” Demanded a man.

Someone punched me in the arm causing me to sit up sharply, looking around squinting.

“Thank you for finally joining us,” Stated Mr Ray walking back to the front of the classroom.

The world is too bright.

“It’s the first day back at School and you’re already sleeping in my class,” He said

So very bright.

“I’m glad to see you're alive,” A voice said next to me.

I can’t open my eyes.

“You’re welcome,” whispered Steve, turning back to the front.

“Now,” said Mr Ray, “Open your text books and start doing the questions written on the board.”

I blinked a few times and everything started to darken.

I tried to figure out where I was.

Without warning hundreds of images appeared before my eyes, blinding me. Not full images, images of images.

My bed, I think. A car, I don’t know whose. A beautiful redheaded girl I hadn’t seen before, and then finally my desk, the one I am sitting at now.

The world didn’t seem to make sense. It was like everything was out of alignment.

The world just didn’t fit right, sounds didn’t sound right and I couldn’t think.

The world skipped a beat and everything shifted slightly.

The world had regained its focus, sounds changed, lights gained intensity, colours appeared and thought came flooding into my head.

What was that, this wasn’t the first time I had woken up in class, but it was the first time I had ever woken up like that. Of all the thoughts in my head, I wondered about the girl I had seen.

Who was she?

Where do I know her from?

Have I met her before?

Does she know me?

Did I imagine her?

Why did I see her?

Steve turned to me and whispered, distracting me, “So I hear it’s your birthday next week.”

“Yeah, I can’t wait,” I whispered back, shaking off the experience.

Everyone slowly opened their books and started doing the questions in the textbook. Some people were still whispering to each other until Mr Ray gave them a stern look.

“So James,” Whispered Steve, "What do you want for your birthday?”

“Sleep.”

Steve smiled, “You always have awesome parties.”

“Yeah, I got something special up my sleeve this time,” I replied smiling.

“Can’t wait,” smiled Steve “You don’t disappoint.”

“Yeah, it’ll be-” I was cut off suddenly by Nick’s high pitched squeal. Nick had fallen out of his chair.

“Stand up Nick, and sit down; that should teach you to not lean on your chair,” said Mr Ray.

Most of the group around Nick had taken this as an excuse to start to chat again “Quiet everyone,” Mr Ray demanded.

Nick, still lying on the floor, looked at Mr Ray with a look of... I don’t know how to describe the look that was on Nick’s face at that moment. He slowly raised his finger, pointed at the window and said; “They’re eating him.”

I ran for the window like everyone else. Everyone was looking out the window and sure enough there was Mr Barry, clearly dead, slowly being devoured.

“Fuck,” said Mr Ray while Geoff puked behind him.

“Are you alright Geoff?” said Jessica while Mr Ray stepped away from Geoff. He wiped his mouth on this sleeve and nodded with a bit of Vomit still on his chin.

“What is that?” I asked.

“Nick already said it was Mr Barry James, duh,” Said Aaron.

“No not him,” I said irritated, “The one eating him?”

“Oh umm, he doesn’t look very nice” Said Aaron. Aaron was a nice guy, but he was a bit thick sometimes.

“Well, no shit Sherlock,” I said, “look, there’s some more!” Everyone looked out the window and watched the other 'people' running towards the school attacking everyone, devouring them alive.

“There are more of them... a lot more of them,” Said Nick, who had managed to get to his feet.

“We’re fucked” I stated.

A wave of 'I don’t want to die' and 'We’re going to die' rang around the class room.

“Enough!” yelled Mr Ray, the room went quiet.

“We are going to stay in this class room with the doors and windows locked until the police come and deal with them,” said Mr Ray calmly explained.

“That won’t work,” I stated matter-of-factly as I pointed to the year 8 class rooms that had already been broken into.

Mr Ray thought for a moment, “Then we make an orderly move to the office.”

“Just as bad, the only way to the office is right through them.”

“Well James. What do you think we should do?” Asked Taylor sarcastically, like always.

“Well, we should go to the next row up of class rooms, and use the television to lure the Zombies in then wait for them to go in there and run to the office.”

“We shall orderly walk to the office” stated Mr Ray.

“Whatever.”

“Zombies?” asked Steve.

“Everything needs a name” I replied.

He nodded, approving.

“Ok, now that we’ve figured out the name of the flesh-eating horde coming towards us, can we go now?”

“Yes but with the plan...” Piped up Jessica, shyly.

“Yes Jessica?” I said.

“Well, we should grab the remotes for the other classroom's TVs also to distract the 'Zombies' for longer while we...” She hesitated, “... leave.”

“That’s brilliant.” said Geoff.

“Didn’t I say that already?” I asked Steve.

I turned to Geoff, “Let’s go!”

“No, you’re not going,” said Geoff.

“Why not?” I asked.

He turned me away from the others and said, “Because, we don’t need you too.”

I looked back at the Jessica, thinking. I nodded and Geoff walked over to Jessica, then they both walked to the door.

“Try not to get eaten!” I called to Geoff and Jessica.

Everyone stared at me.

Chapter 2
    Run.

While Mr Ray, Steve and I took my other classmates quietly to the class rooms in the next row and hid them, Geoff and Jessica went to the three class rooms to get the remotes. Soon after, they returned.

“That was quick,” said Mr Ray sitting next to Steve and I below the window.

“Well we couldn’t get to the two across the hallway, the zombies would see us,” said Geoff.

"Well three should distract them long enough for us to get to the office,” said Jessica.

“But when they get to the office, and they will, they’ll just break in” I said, pessimistically.

“Well it’s got to be better than here,” said Geoff.

“Not by much,” said Jessica.

“Shutdown,” said Steve.

Geoff stared at Steve and I while we Fist Bumped.

“Well either way we’re not staying here,” said Mr Ray, continuing our conversation.

I looked out the window at those things then I looked back and whispered “I don’t know about you guys, but I would just feel so much better if I had a gun and some ammunition.”

“Wouldn’t do me any good,” said Mr Ray.

“I don’t know how to use a gun,” said Geoff.

“I’ve fired a gun before,” said Jessica, shocking everyone.

A minute of silent waiting passed.

“Jessica, could you please go check on our exit?” I asked.

“Sure,” she said, rising to a crouch and sneaking away.

“Looks like you might just get some time alone with Jessica after all, when we find a gun that is,” I said.

“Why would I want that?” said Geoff, his ears going red.

“Don’t even dude.”

“But I don’t...”

Steve leaned over and whispered “We all know.”

“Really?” He turned to look at Jessica.

“Really,” said Mr Ray.

Jessica walked back over to us and sat back down.

There were a few minutes of pause before anything else happened. Everyone was scared and uncertain, they didn’t know if they would be alive in a couple minutes and that is something no sane mind should ever have to think about. Worse than that no one knew what they were going to do afterwards. I suppose we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it but, I have a few ideas already.

I’ve been planning for this for a long time.

Eventually, after what seemed like hours, Steve nudged me and pointed at the zombies that were breaking into the classroom we had just been in.

“Hit it,” said Mr Ray

Everyone held their breath while all four of us hit the power button on the remotes. This caused the zombies to beat the few remaining doors and windows furiously.

Suddenly, all the TV’s turned off at the exact same time.

“Well Fuck,” said Steve desperately.

“What shitty breakers,” said Geoff.

“That’s the third time this week,” said Mr Ray.

The Zombies started to stop their beating.

“Move quickly everyone, we don’t have much time,” I said ushering them out the door.

Everyone hurried out the door and just kept going.

A minute later Geoff shouted “We should be far enough away, run!”

Everyone sprinted away from where we had just been, no one wanting to be anywhere near those things for any longer than possible.

It took less than a minute sprinting to reach the Office. When we got there we found it deserted so Geoff, Jessica and Steve took everyone on the second floor in the teacher’s lounge, while Mr Ray and I started checking around.

None of the lights were on so I tried the switch. The lights were dead, and all the computers and phones were too.

“Looks like we took out the main,” said Mr Ray.

“That doesn’t matter, there is some light coming from shuttered windows. Our eyes will adjust eventually, get moving.”

In the Office there was a long corridor with almost all the doors open, except for the last one on the right.

That was Mr Bishop’s office.

We stopped in front of the door, Mr Ray tried the handle. It was locked, Mr Ray paused and looked at me asking “Should we leave it?”

“No, Just one of them in there and we’re fucked.” He turned back towards the door and kicked it in.

“Get Away,” yelled a man from under his desk at the back of the room.

“Mr Bishop if you keep yelling like that they’re gonna hear you,” I say quietly.

“James, is that you?” said Mr Bishop in a surprised and unsure way.

“Yes Mr Ray and I.”

“Oh thank god, I thought I was alone.”

“Where is everyone Sean?” said Mr Ray.

“I was in the staff bathroom when I heard someone walk in, they were panting really loudly like they had just ran a marathon.” Mr Bishop was shaking slightly “Then I heard the door open again and someone walked in, then the first person yelled. The first person fell on the ground and then he stopped screaming.”

Mr Bishop was shaking even worse now and his voice was strained but Mr Ray urges him to go on.

“I heard the other person cough and gurgle, but he wasn’t breathing heavily. I couldn’t hear him breath at all.”

“You were probably just too exhilarated,” said Mr Ray.

I looked at him and shake my head, then say “How did you get back here Mr Bishop?”

“Well, the man left after a few minutes, I thought I heard him sniffing or something but he just left.

“He left?” said Mr Ray.

“Yes, he just sniffed and left.”

“All of the other ones haven’t just left, why did his?” I ask Mr Ray.

“Where is everyone Mr Bishop?” I ask.

“They left a note on the door.”

“On the door, which door?”

“On the back of my door”

While Mr Ray continued to talk to Mr Bishop I went over to the door and lifted it off the floor, leaning it against the wall. On the door was a note, just like Mr Bishop had said, written in thick Black Marker.

Sean, while you were in the Bathroom we received a call from some of the teachers. They said they saw a group of people walking into school grounds from the other side of the oval. The year 5 teachers said they looked like homeless people and they were attacking all the students doing PE and that we should call the Police. We got all the students we could out of there, we’ve gone to the Police station. If you are reading this then please, hurry and LEAVE.
    Janet.

As I walked back over to Mr Ray I heard Mr Bishop saying “This can’t really be happening can it?”

“It’ll be alright Mr Bishop,” said Jessica who had walked in while I had been reading.

“We need to get back to the others.” I say.

“No wait,” said Mr Bishop.

“What is it?” said Jessica

“Down in the basement is a load of old sports equipment. It might help us get out of here.”

“Ok, Mr Ray you take Mr Bishop back to the others. Jessica you’re with me”

“But,” hesitated Jessica.

“What?” I stop, turning to face her.

“There’s no power.”

“And?”

“The lights are out.”

“And?”

“What if,” She hesitated “one of them is down there?”

“Then I’ll snap its neck.”

“You’ll what?” she said, stunned.

“Snap its neck”

“Even with those very reassuring words,” says Jessica sarcastically, shaking her head “I’m still not certain.”

“What?” I asked “afraid the boogie man will jump out at you?” I said, a smile forming on my face.

“Let’s go” said Jessica shoving past me into the darkness.

I followed smiling.

I knew that Jessica would be able to tackle anything that stood in her way, she just needed a shove, and so on we walked down the long corridor.

Just thought I'd post it and see if anyone thought it wasn't crap
    Last edited by daredevil; May 27th, 2012 at 05:29 AM.
    I can turn anyone to my cause.... Just give me a minute.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status

PSN ID: random_highjinx
    It's not crap.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistible urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex.
    Random_Highjinx: Official Unofficial Adopter of Zombie Scissor Kitty
    All Hail Zombie Scissor Kitty!!!!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    OK where's part 2? It's utterly not crap.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Hoarder"

Status

Glad to hear.
    Believe me, If you read the first iteration that I wrote for my Year 9 (I think...) PLP task back in 2010 (Again.. I think) You'd think it was crap. Hilarious and Manly, But crap.

Anyway, Chapter two is being re-adjusted, Should be up tonight or tomorrow. (Well...... <-------- was bull..)
    Last edited by daredevil; May 21st, 2012 at 05:22 AM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

A great deal of time has passed. Is this going to be updated ever, or will it remain unfinished? I'd be interested in reading more.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    A great deal of time has passed. Is this going to be updated ever, or will it remain unfinished? I'd be interested in reading more.
    It will be finished, I've actually already written it and am now just refining it. I will post relatively soon.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    It will be finished, I've actually already written it and am now just refining it. I will post relatively soon.
    You said that forever ago.

"Hoarder"

Status

You said that forever ago.
    Yeah, but now I'm not as busy with Homework and... I have an almost irresistible urge to write.... I think Angel's death and a certain someone that killed him might be the cause.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    Yeah, but now I'm not as busy with Homework and... I have an almost irresistible urge to write.... I think Angel's death and a certain someone that killed him might be the cause.
    I refuse to rep you until you post the second part.

"Hoarder"

Status

I refuse to rep you until you post the second part.
    Soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast