User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anime

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    The only anime I ever watched was Naruto, I think I watched like every episode for 5 years when I was a kid

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Yeah, I know. i just haven't got around to it. While I'm on confessions I have never seen die hard. Or any god father movie.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    Yeah, I know. i just haven't got around to it. While I'm on confessions I have never seen die hard. Or any god father movie.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i have to agree with vee. no testicles for you. i'm revoking them, you may have a moment to say goodbye in the other room. just leave them on the table on your way out.

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Is Spirited Away considered a Anime? If so I watched that twice and quite enjoyed it. And i'm not an anime fan at all

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearSights View Post
    Is Spirited Away considered a Anime? If so I watched that twice and quite enjoyed it. And i'm not an anime fan at all
    Spirited Away is brilliant.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    i have to agree with vee. no testicles for you. i'm revoking them, you may have a moment to say goodbye in the other room. just leave them on the table on your way out.
    Its okay, I don't mind. I have a whole sack of them on me all the time.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    I just started watching Eureka Seven a few days ago. I'm already about halfway through the show, and I'm completely in love with it. Of any anime I've watched, not one of them handles character relationships as naturally and humanly as this show; all the characters are impossible not to care about. Besides that, the story is very intriguing, and keeps a lot of secrets. Oh and the humor! That's something that isn't carried across very well in a lot of animes. Humm, I could turn this into a giant, praising rant, but I try not to do that anymore. Suffice it to say, I fucking love this show, and definitely recommend it.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    Thats cool, I'll pick it up some time. Another I forgot to recommend is Basilisk, kind of a romeo and juliet style storyline set in feudal Japan. Lots of gratuitous viloence and weird Japany sexual bits but for some reason I finished it.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    I might be dredging this one up and necroposting, but hey, this thread is still on the front page...

So, I saw an anime ani-gif and the source was mentioned and figured I'd check it out. There are (only) twelve episodes (so far), I meant to sample the first few, then report back here. I wound up watching all 12 eps in one go just now. A-friggin-mazing.

It's called: High School of the Dead. It is what it sounds like. A couple high school kids are at school when the zombie apocalypse goes down and they then fight their way to safety.

Now, I have to call it out for what it is. Actually, I'll (partially) quote Victor:

"The chick was busting out of her top and jumping up and down while the big robot zombie... thing was eating her friend."

Yes, it is loaded with fan service, there is the improbable, physics defying anatomy and a lot of gratuitous upskirting. Only one episode containing nudity, but still NSFW and DEFINITELY not for kids. But I got to tell ya, it was fun to watch, fan service aside. Given its somewhat adult nature I won't link it here, you can Google it. I have heard that it is on the Zune Marketplace.

On to some others I have watched and enjoyed. Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Vandread, Burst Angel, Slayers, to name a few. My favorite however has got to be Full Metal Panic! 49 episodes across three seasons and one OVA so far... there's too much to say about it so you can check the link. The story is great and although there hasn't been any new animes since 2005, the manga is still going strong so there could be more.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast