User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Meh, I think it should just fade out. The dude is probably wearing pajamas with duckies and bunnies sitting in his moms basement looking for attention. Another email seems to point to him reading the boards and loves the feedback because even negative it is better than being ignored. For me, thread closed

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Meh, I think it should just fade out. The dude is probably wearing pajamas with duckies and bunnies sitting in his moms basement looking for attention. Another email seems to point to him reading the boards and loves the feedback because even negative it is better than being ignored. For me, thread closed
    No way! Ducky & Bunny pajamas is way too awesome for someone of his doucheousity. He is actually sitting atop a throne of his own excrement glazed over with his sad self love juice and kept moist in his own tears as he dreams of a better life where people want to read his critiques over shit he has only skimmed through while serving hardly any more purpose than a paper weight as he occupies the corner of the basement not pierced with the cracked and dripping plumbing pipes of his ex-nazi grandfather's dilapidated housing project apartment building.
    Likes KPCoyote liked this post
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    No way! Ducky & Bunny pajamas is way too awesome for someone of his doucheousity. He is actually sitting atop a throne of his own excrement glazed over with his sad self love juice and kept moist in his own tears as he dreams of a better life where people want to read his critiques over shit he has only skimmed through while serving hardly any more purpose than a paper weight as he occupies the corner of the basement not pierced with the cracked and dripping plumbing pipes of his ex-nazi grandfather's dilapidated housing project apartment building.
    epic

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    @Hero, you are much more creative than I am.

@Reaper thanks

8 )

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    The more I think of this, the more I think it was a misguided attempt to be funny and impress by wit.
    SKITTLES?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    My form of venting is letting everyone comment. He emailed again do I challenged him to make a show of his own if he sees such potential in the medium.
    Indeed. "When you can do better, then you can complain." That's why I keep complaints to myself. Unless I have a very relevant piece of thought out commentary, I keep it to myself.

It is only 2-3 paragraphs, but I'll hazard a guess that PJB, at least as far as entertainment is concerned, leads a miserable life with standards that high. Unless they are a hipster and consume content 'ironically.'
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Agree with most here... the guy is an ass. I hate armchair quarterbacks (for those of you overseas, this is a U.S. reference to the fat guy on the couch watching football games, always complaining that the quarterback should have done this or that, but did it wrong.... a know-it all, in other words).

If he thinks he can do better, let him go ahead and try it. I make audio dramas myself and can tell you firsthand that it is WAAAAAAY more work to produce one than to listen to one.

And even if he does make something better, than good... it will elevate the medium if different producers keep trying to out-do each other. But to just nitpick with nothing to show..... that's just fucking weak. Especially his critique of the acting... are you serious? This guy mustn't have listened to many audio dramas if he thinks WA has bad actors. I've heard a lot of amateuristic crap that is far less quality than what we get here...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    ... Especially his critique of the acting... are you serious? This guy mustn't have listened to many audio dramas if he thinks WA has bad actors. I've heard a lot of amateuristic crap that is far less quality than what we get here...
    Frankly, I don't think this guy even knows WTF he is talking about.

I have been a passing fan of radio/audio drama throughout my whole life. When I was growing up I was fortunate enough to have had an AM station that played "re-runs" of the original oldytime radio dramas, as well as a well funded NPR station that played both the Star Wars and Hitchhiker's Guide radio dramas once or twice a year. (Along with others I don't recall.)

Additionally, I am a fan of cartoons, more specifically, Anime. That too requires good voice work, though it may not be as obvious to the viewer as there is a visual component.

It is my belief that the voice work of We're Alive, as well as the Foley and music, is among the best.

Perhaps one may say that the first few episodes/chapters may not have been up to the quality standards that we enjoy now. I would argue that this is not a refection of the actor/actress talent, but the actors trying to get a feel for the characters they are portraying. Now, three years in, the actors have become the characters and vice versa.

I personally didn't notice any lack of quality however, I was too blown away by the attention to detail for things Military. As prior service Active Duty and a currently serving Reservist with a combined time of 20 years, I gotta tell you Kc, you knocked it out of the park. I have since learned that the cast and crew is comprised of several prior service veterans so they are drawing from that experience, but I know some currently serving that don't even have that level of detailed knowledge.
    Last edited by Red Shirt; May 6th, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status

Gamertag: l VEE l
    There's lots of these folks about, best option is to either ignore them or ask them for a link to their *Podcast/Music/Writing etc.* where they demonstrate that they are better at it.

If it was an attempt at humour then it was quite a poor one, well, I don't see anybody laughing.

"Lurker"

Status
    I get the impression that PJB is somewhat compulsive in his nature. He says that he doesn't like the show etc, but feels drawn to listen to it every week. equally, he says that one episode per week is insufficient... tell that to companies such as the BBC whose programmes are often weekly and between 20-30 minutes per episode. add into the fact that he felt the need to complain multiple times and you end up with the mental picture of an 'Entertainment Fly' buzzing around, annoying everyone and going nowhere fast.

alternatively him!

also, keep up the good work KC!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast