User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    It's pretty clear now that Duncan became Skittles, and that Kalani knew Duncan reasonably well. Begs the question of why Kalani denied knowing Skittles at the Army base. Guilty conscience?
    Don't think he actually did. Angel tried to correct Skittles when he recognized Kalani. Kalani just didn't contradict it. Besides, Kalani is juggling a story. The less information about how he came to the Tower, the better/safer he is.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bvglee View Post
    It should be a small reserve of weapons, ammo and Bug Out stuff in a fall back position, in case SHTF, and it paid out, I would do the same (Hell, I would have 2 or 3 stocked fall back positions). BTW good call on Steve, I didn't remember that.
    Right, it's a fall back position in case things go horribly awry.. That's why I'm wondering why she was the only one who knew about it. BTW I realize this is kind of a small point overall (most likely) but that stuck in my craw listening to this chapter part.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Right, it's a fall back position in case things go horribly awry.. That's why I'm wondering why she was the only one who knew about it. BTW I realize this is kind of a small point overall (most likely) but that stuck in my craw listening to this chapter part.
    its a point none the less. another excellent question would be how high level of paranoia do you have to have to abandon your entire group including a (from what we have noticed from their interactions) love interest? the bug out bag is kind of understandable..samantha said they had weapons stashed all over the place..but why go to the basement alone in the first place?

awesome planning. piss-poor execution..............
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I agree. I thought that was pretty crappy of Chinwe to just let everyone else bug out and do their own thing while she went downstairs and held out on her own. It was like Burt when the Tower was on fire. I guess she didn't have an emergency plan set up for all the other folks. It was like she believed she was careful enough to the point that one would never get in her tower so an emergency plan for everyone wasn't necessary. I feel like that emergency cache in the basement was her own little bomb shelter. Greedy. I see her in a different light now.

Moving on; that was an amazing episode. When Chinwe backed herself into that corner my mind already started working towards a confrontation between her and pinstripes. I couldn't imagine him talking very much though. I didn't want him to go off on this James-Bond-villain-monologue, so hearing that brief but very disturbing, "leave her" was an excellent treat. Since he is using English to communicate to his zombies, I wonder if they can understand all their victims pleas and cries of mercy. Martin stated that to commit suicide would "ruin their fun". Are the sick flesh biting fucks at the arena getting off on torture? I also wonder if you would be able to reason to some of the higher levels of thinking in these zeds; like lets say a husband gets turned, and his daughter pleads with him for mercy. Would we see that zombie dad struggle with lingering emotions? It certainly gives me a lot to think about.

Also, damn it KC. Not knowing how long Kalani was passed out is going to make work on the timeline a little uncertain, but I guess piecing it together is fun too.

I wonder why Pinstripes and his horde left Duncan be? Were they getting pleasure out of seeing him lose his mind as they ate his friends? Just shows you how disturbed these creatures running in Pinstripes company are.

[EDIT]
    After a chat with KC I was reminded that there was a bit of a plan in place; safe houses. I forgot that Samantha said she had made it to one such safe house. I guess that's not such a terrible plan since you would spread out and make yourself a smaller target and potentially be considered less of a threat, maybe even left alone. Consider that CJ herself was just a single target in a well defended spot. She may have been considered as not being worth the zombies effort.
    I'll lessen my disdain for CJ since I was under the impression she ditched her people and left them pissing in the wind. But now, as I understand it, she went for the closest available guns and held up as best she could. Too bad she didn't join the fight and went upstairs a couple of hours after she heard the struggle was over.
    Last edited by Adventureless_Hero; Mar 19th, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    It's pretty clear now that Duncan became Skittles, and that Kalani knew Duncan reasonably well. Begs the question of why Kalani denied knowing Skittles at the Army base. Guilty conscience?
    I think it was a matter of the less Angel knew the better you know, if he found out that they knew each other he'd ask questions and get more curious about Kalani.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    awesome planning. piss-poor execution..............
    This sounds so familiar..........

I think it's somewhat telling of how "disorganized" the Other Tower was....Sean says every man for himself (sorta), Samantha cut and run leaving Hope behind, CJ cowers in a corner....Our Tower runs upstairs and throws furniture out the windows trying to defend their home.....When I say disorganized, I don't mean in terms of what they accomplished (which was a metric shit ton) I mean they as people were far to "Me" oriented to allow their set up to ultimately succeed.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    This sounds so familiar..........

I think it's somewhat telling of how "disorganized" the Other Tower was....Sean says every man for himself (sorta), Samantha cut and run leaving Hope behind, CJ cowers in a corner....Our Tower runs upstairs and throws furniture out the windows trying to defend their home.....When I say disorganized, I don't mean in terms of what they accomplished (which was a metric shit ton) I mean they as people were far to "Me" oriented to allow their set up to ultimately succeed.
    Yea, this tower was run, everyone is carry their weight or you can leave if they want to. Maybe that is the one thing that made the difference. Still remember the moment with Peg.
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; Mar 19th, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fridginators View Post
    Holy fuck, I was cupping my hands over my mouth at "leave her". Probs to KC, that was amazing. Interesting though that, assuming it was TOWTM, his voice was much much deeper than when he said "It's Paul". Maybe he was just deliberately modulating it to imitate people at the tower [by the way, why didn't Paul ever become a zombie? guess they must've known to hit him in the head asap after TOWTM left], or maybe this wasn't even TOWTM but just a smart one or even a regular, we don't really know.

Didn't really enjoy the Arena scenes so much - partly because obviously they're depressing, but also I think the rescue thing dragged on a bit, there seemed to just be a fair bit of shooting for a while, and I'm not really exactly sure how they all got killed - I assume it was a Behemoth? Whatever, it's not that big of a deal. I like filling in holes and all, but I guess these were ones I'd rather not hear.

I do wonder how this is all going to affect what happens in the future though. I would really like to see something properly happen in Ft Irwin at some point, but I guess that's what the next few episodes are going to be about. These flashback episodes were awesome, but I hope the plot moves a bit faster than it has in 25 & 26. Then again these are all just small little niggles when considering how awesome the whole of 27 was.
    I concur with just about all of this. If you go back and listen to 11-1 around 8:00 the voice sounds quite different. The voice actually sounds a little like Burt in this episode.

I'm also with you on the pace. Awesome episodes but....the overall story development has now moved from slow to backwards. I guess it is good to clear up some longstanding questions.

On that note I'm still looking forward to hearing how Randy saved Michael at the pump station.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    [QUOTE=UndeadSweeper;36070]Yea, this tower was run like, to quote Rick Grimm.../QUOTE]

Thanks for fixing that.
    Last edited by Adventureless_Hero; Mar 19th, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Also can we start calling the other tower the Piss-poor tower.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast