User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status

Steam ID: smeagol92055
    Wow, haven't heard of Day by Day Armageddon before! Just looked it up, I'll definitely be adding that to my reading list this weekend! Thanks for the tip.

I swear, when the Zompocalypse does inevitably happen, we're going to be the most-prepared generation to handle it ever.

"Gatherer"

Status
    So I got caught up the last couple days with work and have been picking up Snippets of news.
    We know we have a 16 episode season for season 3. David Morrissey has been lined up to play The Govenor. From what tid bits I have picked up this is an awesome if sick character that becomes Ricks main antagonist. So with this season's finale, will everyone be able to stick together? I am not so sure. Adn Lori and Karl have both been driving me nuts. That kid does not listen. And Lori just is plain stupid. She just cannot grasp that the world is no longer what it was and has not been able to adapt.

I was blown away by Dale getting tore into a couple weeks ago. I felt he was an anchor for the group to what was left of there humanity. He was the polar opposite of Shane. I was like, well now one anchor is gone what does that do to the group not having someone to offset Shane. No worries, cause now Shane is gone.

I do think this is one of the better produced shows on tv for what they have to do. I mean, wow, to make a show for TV about zombies and not be worse than a B movie or so cliche it is unbearable to watch. I do agree though, the characters can be maddening.

I know there is a thread about Day by Day, but yes I enjoy that book as well and am looking forward to June when the next installment (fingers crossed) should be out.

So after this next sunday no Walking Dead. I have We're Alive to keep me busy into summertime. I do not want to think of the dry season at the end of summer waiting for both.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GodofInsanity View Post
    So I got caught up the last couple days with work and have been picking up Snippets of news.
    We know we have a 16 episode season for season 3. David Morrissey has been lined up to play The Govenor. From what tid bits I have picked up this is an awesome if sick character that becomes Ricks main antagonist. So with this season's finale, will everyone be able to stick together? I am not so sure. Adn Lori and Karl have both been driving me nuts. That kid does not listen. And Lori just is plain stupid. She just cannot grasp that the world is no longer what it was and has not been able to adapt.

I was blown away by Dale getting tore into a couple weeks ago. I felt he was an anchor for the group to what was left of there humanity. He was the polar opposite of Shane. I was like, well now one anchor is gone what does that do to the group not having someone to offset Shane. No worries, cause now Shane is gone.

I do think this is one of the better produced shows on tv for what they have to do. I mean, wow, to make a show for TV about zombies and not be worse than a B movie or so cliche it is unbearable to watch. I do agree though, the characters can be maddening.

I know there is a thread about Day by Day, but yes I enjoy that book as well and am looking forward to June when the next installment (fingers crossed) should be out.

So after this next sunday no Walking Dead. I have We're Alive to keep me busy into summertime. I do not want to think of the dry season at the end of summer waiting for both.
    but see, that maddening-ness is part of what makes the show awesome: they are only human, and sometimes the most blockheaded things in the world, but when they can see past themselves for even a second they do some awe inspiring things. this is borne out in almost every disaster i can think of. shanes problem was that he got lost in that nonsense and couldn't see past himself. it's the same problem scratch has, a complete and utter lack of any ability to see past herself to help anyone. that's why it was so sweet to see shane get stuck like cheap pork, and why it'll be so sweet to see scratch catch a bullet. speaking of catching a bullet, does anyone here watch justified?

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!! this vid gives away pretty much the whole episode, but if you want to know what i'm talking about fast forward to around 6:30.

6:30 is probably the most badass moment in all of television.

Quote Originally Posted by jgormally View Post
    Wow, haven't heard of Day by Day Armageddon before! Just looked it up, I'll definitely be adding that to my reading list this weekend! Thanks for the tip.

I swear, when the Zompocalypse does inevitably happen, we're going to be the most-prepared generation to handle it ever.
    you should check out the band "the inevitable zombie apocalypse"
    Last edited by reaper239; Mar 16th, 2012 at 05:33 AM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I got the 1st season of Justified. i liked it but was in the minority in my household and it was moved off the dvr list. Timothy Olyphant rocks.

I can see that about the characters being human and maddening being a great part of the show. I still do tune in every week to see what one will do next. props to the Shane/Scratch comparison. It made me look at Shane's character in a completely different light. That moment of pausing then nodding going "Riiight"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    yeah, i mean, all these things are not the same, but there are some base archetypes that just exist in life. for instance, i know some shanes in my life and if the shtf i'm putting a bullet in all of them as soon as i see them, cuz i know they'd do me as soon as i turned my back.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    I want to smack Lori and karl around after the season finale. Mrs mem made the point to me that Lori is playing games at times. Driving Rick to deal with Shane and then giving Shane false hopes that we both think drove him to the insanity of last week. Now suddenly she is upset that he dealt with the problem?? It's a freaking mess with that one.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i didn't see her giving him false hope, i thought she was trying to mend things, bring him back out of the cold. i just saw that it backfired.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    i didn't see her giving him false hope, i thought she was trying to mend things, bring him back out of the cold. i just saw that it backfired.
    In regards to Shane, yes, I think she was just trying to mend things and make it all better. It was a big fail on her part but at least she did try. He took it to mean more than it did. His insanity was cranked up a few more notches because he saw hope in replacing Rick again.

I had some frustrations with season 2 because of the stupid mistakes that put characters in harms way yet again. Looking back from the season finale I get why some of it had to happen but at times the writing didnt reflect that these people were seasoned zombie killing veterans and not kmart shoppers. As mrs mem put it "why is everyone so dumb this season" ? To be fair however this is a written script adapted from a comic book series and not reality television. Characters arent supposed to act like we do on a day to day basis. Thank goodness for that or it would get quite boring. My biggest yell at the tv moments during season 2 seemed to always involve one character or another backing up and not watching their 6 to almost get grabbed and eaten by a Zombie yet again. In summary, watch your 6 people there are those out there wanting to eat your insides. Try not make their job any easier.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by bvglee View Post
    The Carl from the comic would mop the floor with AMC's one, that's for sure, and will pop a cap on him afterwards
    To be fair, the comic did move faster on getting Carl set up as a "I am going to survive this, and my dad is my hero." I feel the TV show presented Shane as an alternate father figure, so Carl grew more attached to Shane and that is why he was hesitant to shoot even the zombie Shane.

Since the show differs a lot from the comic I thougt that maybe Merle would re-apear as the Governor with some hand-chopping in mind as revenge, but that Morrisey guy leaves that out of question.
    According to an interview with Kirkman and Rooker (the last name of the man who plays Merle), Merle will be back in the third season, but who knows how and in what capacity.

Ah one last thing, sorry Dale snuffed it without his deserved and expected chance with Andrea
    My husband and I died a little inside at this as well. I wish he could've gone on longer, the actor was also so perfect for Dale, it was like they pulled him out of the comic book, it was impressive.

One last thing from me. Did anyone else who is a fan of the comic book Spluge (sp?) or get a little wet when Michonne and the Prison came into view? I could've humped my computer I was so excited.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    if i was rick i would've pimp slapped lori. "shane cornered me, he tried to kill me, and i killed him to protect me and my family and you think this is my fault? uh-uh, come here bitch, let me tell you how i really feel" *SMACK* keep the pimp hand strong.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast