User Tag List

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Anyone else look at the Governor's beard and think, RANDY!?
    Likes REZombie, Tar Heel Fan, Merlin1274 liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Witch_Doctor. I had the same thought the other night.. That's funny..
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Anyone else look at the Governor's beard and think, RANDY!?
    I agree. So now the Governor has a "Randy beard" and Herschel's still sporting a "Burt beard"
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post
    I couldn't wait for this season to start , now I can't wait for it to finish so that something interesting actually happens . I can only take so many episodes of character development with no movement on the plot !

Love

Nina
    Nina,

This is mainstream television these days. After the last two seasons, I'm actually happier with this season. I can't pinpoint it but I feel a lot has happened. Yes, minimal plot movement but at least the character development has been significant. I would much rather these past two episodes of Governor and Carol expulsion over 3 episodes of The Old Man crying that we can't kill that prisoner its not right, or Carl? Carl! Where's Carl I'm such a terrible mother because I can't keep tabs on my own son who wears a size 40 Cowboy hat everywhere!, or endless episodes of pacing in the prison.

Had to vent lol. But Yes, if we get one more episode of simply character development I will start to get restless. I was up in arms about the way last season ended, they teased us about a great war for 9 episodes and the 10th episode the 'war' lasted 2 minutes, no one died, and the Gov. shot all the deserters ... not worth 2.5 months of build up.

The 'book readers' tell me the shows about to get awesome but i'm not as enthused as they are. BTW Little girl is going to turn, Gov. will have to shoot her, thats my guess. Her little dolly shes holding looks a lot like the girl Rick had to gun down in Ep 1.
    Likes Nina liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I am so fucking looking forward to getting the fourth season here in Germany. What a piece of good television art. Whoa, the mid-season episode that was aired yesterday must have been quite good, too.

"Lurker"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Nina,

This is mainstream television these days. After the last two seasons, I'm actually happier with this season. I can't pinpoint it but I feel a lot has happened. Yes, minimal plot movement but at least the character development has been significant. I would much rather these past two episodes of Governor and Carol expulsion over 3 episodes of The Old Man crying that we can't kill that prisoner its not right, or Carl? Carl! Where's Carl I'm such a terrible mother because I can't keep tabs on my own son who wears a size 40 Cowboy hat everywhere!, or endless episodes of pacing in the prison.

Had to vent lol. But Yes, if we get one more episode of simply character development I will start to get restless. I was up in arms about the way last season ended, they teased us about a great war for 9 episodes and the 10th episode the 'war' lasted 2 minutes, no one died, and the Gov. shot all the deserters ... not worth 2.5 months of build up.

The 'book readers' tell me the shows about to get awesome but i'm not as enthused as they are. BTW Little girl is going to turn, Gov. will have to shoot her, thats my guess. Her little dolly shes holding looks a lot like the girl Rick had to gun down in Ep 1.
    Well, you called that one !

Episode 8 was fantastic, but it showed why the three episodes that proceeded it were just filler . I'd rather just half a dozen episodes a season at this pace than the dozen or so we're subjected to ! You just know the next three episodes will be talking about the events of this episode !

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Walking Dead "Inmates" Rant-- **SPOILERS!**

Ugh, here we go with another inconsistent episode of "The Walking Dead", this time titled 'Inmates'. I do not understand Walking Dead fans, who drool and rave over every episode, no matter what kind of bullshit is shoveled forth. The show is popular as hell, but you have to all but turn your brain off in order to enjoy it even a little.

I honestly don't know why I still watch this show, when the writing is so bad and the producers are continually pissing in the viewers' faces with bullshit, implausible scenes and poor decision making. I'm just hate-watching the show at this point, because of things like this:

- Kid Actors Who Can't Act: Ok, I get that it's difficult to find quality talent at that age, but these girls are just horrible actors. I mean bad, like they could have picked any two random girls at the same age and got about the same result. The scene where Lizzy was trying to smother the baby was only disturbing because of the content, but the acting was unconvincing.

- Stupid Decision-Making: So Tyreese's best idea at hearing a noise in the distance is to leave 2 kids and a baby alone in the woods? And Glen somehow manages to get up on the 2nd level of the prison before he crashed for the night, but didn't bother securing the door behind him, even with a prison full of walkers? Then Sasha is just about to open the back door of the bus and let a stream of walkers loose, so she decides to lay her assault rife down JUST UNDER THE DOOR where it will be inaccessible to her once they emerge??

- General Bullshit we're expected to swallow:
    So Daryl can cap 15,000 walkers with the same 5 arrows, and NONE of them ever break or become unusable after so many repeated head shots?

Then Glen can armor up and barrel his way through 50-odd walkers, only to pass out after killing just four, even though he had time to rest?

Speaking of Glen, what the hell was he even doing up on the 2nd floor of the prison in the first place? How did he even get up there? And how was it that he was alseep/passed out? It's as if the show-runners just came up with the initial idea of staging the shot pictured above ("Hey guys! I've got a great idea!! Let's have a shot of Glen, hanging off the edge of a ledge, with a horde of zombies down below, reaching up for him!!"). So great, they stage the shot, without ever bothering to justify how the fuck Glen got into that compromising position in the first place. As a viewer, I considering this lazy and insulting to my intelligence, as if the show runners don't feel the need to justify their shit, plot-wise, because all we idiot viewers really want to see is some cool kill scenes with zombies. So we're all dumb-asses, according to AMC.

And the medic dude can take a bullet through his shoulder, and the only thing that needs to happen is to splash the wound in whiskey, wrap it (badly) in a dirty t-shirt, and he's good to go? This is apparently all you need to know in Hollywood medical school...

AMC, in all their infinite wisdom, SHOWED US THAT GLEN WAS ALIVE in their promos, then proceed to WASTE OUR TIME with the 10-odd minute 'Maggie looks for Hubby on the Bus' scene, which featured the most anti-climactic reveal in the history of tv with that walker at the end, which of course coincidentally had black hair just like Glen.

Speaking of that, so you have a whole busload of prison redshirts who escape the carnage at the prison, only to somehow get overrun a few miles down the road? How exactly did that happen? And how the fuck did NONE of them manage to even get off the bus, despite there being two exits? Why? Because FUCK YOU, VIEWER... that's why. That is AMC's answer.

I could keep going, but I'll cap it there.
    Last edited by Litmaster; Feb 17th, 2014 at 06:43 AM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, FunkyDung liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    One of the people who has greatly shaped my view of art, and of storytelling in particular, is the late American novelist John Gardner, who was well known for being a very good novelist and critic, a balance that many artists find difficult to maintain. At any rate, his critical work The Art of Fiction still influences me today (if you have the time, I highly recommend reading the entire PDF linked there), particularly Gardener's notion that fiction should create, in the mind of the reader (viewer), a "vivid and continuous dream" from which the reader should not awaken from until the conclusion of the story. If anything disrupts that dream, jarring the reader 'awake' and reminding him/her that this is merely fiction and not reality, if any false note on the author's part disrupts the reader's suspension of disbelief.... then the author has failed. The quality of the art depends on the number of times the author, through his clumsiness, has 'awoken' his readers through various mishandling of the material.

I consider "The Walking Dead" poor art because it does nothing BUT wake the viewer from that vivid, continuous dream. "We're Alive" is much better, in that there have been relatively few times where I have 'woken up' from the story to think, "Wait a minute... that couldn't have really happened..." These jarring moments of awareness function like static on a radio transmission; the more static, the more difficult it is to focus on the transmission (story). At it's best, artistic technique is 'invisible' in that is calls no attention to itself, but only serves to augment, strengthen, and support the story being told...
    Likes Eviebae liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I don't expect everyone on this forum to be in love with TWD. It's like expecting everyone on the Coca Cola forums to love Pepsi. But good lord Litmaster lol.

Seasons 2 and 3 were a total shit show. I agree with everything you ranted about in those seasons. (Daryl riding a damn chopper and no one is worried about the noise that makes?). If you read through my prior posts in this thread I even ranted about the show!

This Season however, from what I've read, there is a new show runner. The first half of this season was spent giving the viewers the ending that season 3 should have had. Thats why we had 2 filler episodes of the Governor and him essentially getting Woodbury back and attacking the prison once again. The new show runner wanted a proper ending to that saga.

This half season has started off, eh, ok for me. I like it a lot more than the last 2 seasons. Yes there were some dumb decisions made but lets be honest, not everyone reacts the way they should in high stress moments. If I was Tyreese i don't think I would have told those kids to come with me as I inspect the noise, what happens if i have to run in the other direction and those kids are right behind me? They probably can't run as fast as I can. Then you'd be raging about why he took the kids with him to inspect the noise.

Sasha laying her gun down, admittedly was stupid. But then again so was the idea to let them out, why not just look through the damn windows, stab them through said windows, any number of ways to handle that situation. Not all of them are going to be ideal.

Maggie searching through to find Glen, yes we know he's alive, but she doesn't. Would you rather us not go through that part of her character progression and just skip to the part where they meet up? Is Maggie not supposed to think her fiance didn't make it out? Lets compare this to Saul and Lizzy, why did KC bother with all the episodes of Lizzy leaving messages on her tape recorder, we already know she's ok at the colony. Saul's ok to so lets just skip to where he finds her at the colony.

The bullet wound through the shoulder. He knows Whisky and a dirty rag aren't enough, but what else do they have at they're disposal? They had to run and leave everything remember? Its good enough for the night.

These first two episodes of the season I think were pretty good. Everyone is scattered its very easy to get killed at any turn because there is no longer a safe four walls of a prison. And Tank blasts probably attracted walkers from everywhere in a 10mi area for gods sakes. So yes I think you can escape the prison only to be gotten 2 miles away in the woods. Not everyone is Bear Grylls, the ultimate survivor.

I get it this show is annoying more often then not, but if its not a show your liking, you have to do yourself and your stress a favor and stop watching ha. I am giving this show some more leeway as there is a new show runner. And FINALLY some new characters. Abraham and the Hunters have arrived.
    Last edited by Bullethead; Feb 18th, 2014 at 09:38 AM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast