User Tag List

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    twitter.com/AerockParinas

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class1000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second Class1 year registered

Gamertag: aZuLPiNoY PSN ID: aZuLPiNoY
    Quote Originally Posted by ellea View Post
    If I heard correctly the director said on Talking Dead that she was in fact dead.
    I heard that too, but I thought he was just referring to Daryl reacting to her "death."

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the phone call. Doesn't a phone need power to work? That means that Rick really is bat-shit crazy! Maybe he's talking to Shane... possibly Lori?
    Drop beats, not bombs. Fight war, not wars. When the heart does not know what it cannot do, it does everything. Revolution only works for those who participate. Start loving... I am ♥

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Uh, I've read the comics: I assume I'm not allowed to spoil it?

I'll put it this way: my brother has a theory that Carol somehow saved Lori with her magical C-section skills. If this was We're Alive, I would say that yes, that's likely, simply because in We're Alive every scene means something. However, TWD has such a history of shooting useless scenes - see Zombie Well in season 2 - so I wouldn't be surprised if it was all for nothing.

By fucking god what is it with this show and missing people though? Like mother like daughter... good work Carol. That said, I think she's still alive, but I don't really know. Walking Dead's been much much better this season, I'm really impressed, but we'll just have to see what happens. I do hope they don't do a Sofia with Carol... seriously. Dead or Alive. NO MORE MISSING PEOPLE. Missing people plots are always fucking terrible. We're Alive had the good sense to make the missing people plots somewhat irrelevant - asides from the initial search for Lizzy, there was no real active search for her, Saul, Angel or Burt, and thank god.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    So for all you comic readers out there...anyone find the governor a lil bland? I mean I'll say nothing of what he was in the books....but...yea...i want more.

I guess that's the real problem with this show...if you've read the books, you know this show could be ten times more twisted. I guess we really can't compare the two...And that's really hard(read: aggravating) to keep in mind.

Also, if carols dead...then the entire line of her growth as a character was pointless...she had more development than t dog..who seemingly everyone loved...if she's dead,that's a waste. I'll be pissed.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    So for all you comic readers out there...anyone find the governor a lil bland? I mean I'll say nothing of what he was in the books....but...yea...i want more.

I guess that's the real problem with this show...if you've read the books, you know this show could be ten times more twisted. I guess we really can't compare the two...And that's really hard(read: aggravating) to keep in mind.

Also, if carols dead...then the entire line of her growth as a character was pointless...she had more development than t dog..who seemingly everyone loved...if she's dead,that's a waste. I'll be pissed.
    I refuse to believe she's dead. you are right. She survived so much to die off camera is just not right. Now I'm confused about the last scene with Rick, I've watched it 5 times ...wtf?
    Last edited by yarri; Nov 15th, 2012 at 05:28 AM.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    VeteranWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by bvglee View Post
    I think she's dead (Lori I mean), but her character is far from done. She will continue appearing in flashbacks or in someone's damaged mind. (those who read the comic know what I'm talking about).
    Well this says far more than I would've said, but yeah it's essentially correct/how I predict the show will go.

Also 7odd I completely disagree, I think that the Governor in the show is far more appealing than he ever was in the books. I like that we know how we should not trust him but can't help it. I also like that him and Andrea are borderline-romantic, which from memory didn't really happen in the books.

I also like Daryl and Merle and think that they make for a far more interesting plot than without them. Honestly while of course the book is a lot more coherent, there's a lot that was just weird and crude: I'm citing Dale and Andrea's relationship here particularly. Obviously it is a comic so it's understandably a bit weird and creepy, that's kinda the point, but still, I much much prefer many aspects of the TV show...when the plot actually progresses. So far, I've been pleasantly surprised - season 3 has been excellent.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fridginators View Post
    Well this says far more than I would've said, but yeah it's essentially correct/how I predict the show will go.

Also 7odd I completely disagree, I think that the Governor in the show is far more appealing than he ever was in the books. I like that we know how we should not trust him but can't help it. I also like that him and Andrea are borderline-romantic, which from memory didn't really happen in the books.

I also like Daryl and Merle and think that they make for a far more interesting plot than without them. Honestly while of course the book is a lot more coherent, there's a lot that was just weird and crude: I'm citing Dale and Andrea's relationship here particularly. Obviously it is a comic so it's understandably a bit weird and creepy, that's kinda the point, but still, I much much prefer many aspects of the TV show...when the plot actually progresses. So far, I've been pleasantly surprised - season 3 has been excellent.
    yea...dont get me wrong I've been pleasantly surprised by how good this season has been. And the governor character is most likely just my own personal opinions reflecting on aspects of both the books and the show I enjoyed..i will say yes, this governor is faaaaaaar more "real" than the book version...I'd just like a little more "edge" when he's alone, the time when he can let the inner weirdo out..but perhaps that's still coming, just knowing what the showrunners have to work with(book material)
    KAW

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by yarri View Post
    I refuse to believe she's dead. you are right. She survived so much to die off camera is just not right. Now I'm confused about the last scene with Rick, I've watched it 5 times ...wtf?
    I want to think she's still alive too. Plus I was reading that Tyreese was going to be introduced in this season. Maybe that storyline will pick up from the prison. ???

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

After last night....im VERY excited for the rest of the season!
    KAW

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    I gotta say I'm really digging the governor. I keep finding myself really liking the guy and then he goes and does something evil, vicious, or just all around creepy and I realize "Oh....right, he's a villain." Then he goes off and starts acting all nice again and the process starts all over again.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I'm figuring out a few things about the governor/merle dynamic....all of you who have read the books should know what COULD happen in the coming episodes. Initially I didn't like the governor...he just didn't have the same level of demented-ness as the comic character...but he's just a different character...one that's possibly more interesting..because the sauveness didn't really exist in the book....now, we have merle.....need I saw more?
    KAW

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast