User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Gamertag: Bleulilydragon PSN ID: Lilydragon83
    IT...WAS...AWESOME!!!!!!! I didn't expect them to find survivors and definitely didn't expect what happened to Hershal.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    The episode was great, but one thing that I noticed is that they enjoyed killing the zombies way too much. Most of them were all smiles as they did and it kind of showed a mental shift in the group, which was quite cool.

My one gripe with the show is that they always have ammo, like an infinite amount. I doubt Hershel would have been stocked up on Python ammo, sniper ammo, etc... and even with the bag from the police station, they would not have enough for target practice, shooting the ones at the farm and clearing the prison yard.

I guess, it's just the suspension of reality I have to make.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

The makeup was amazing, but damn these characters are one dimensional. There is zero suspension of disbelief, no nuance, everything feels too...purposeful. It's akin to taking a Sunday stroll but driving in a straight line the entire time and the characters are just not likable.

This is the whole issue I have with the majority of zombie movies, especially ones that are Romero inspired - the characters are frankly all assholes and you never really care whether any of them live or die. Shane? Good Lord, I can't even watch reruns of TWD because of Shane. Hershel? Complete a-hole. Rick? Ugh. Even his son gets on my nerves.

It's such a shame, as zombies are by far my favorite monsters. Humans have an inherent fear of death and the thought that you would die but be forced to walk around eating people is completely terrifying, which is what makes zombies an effective tool of horror movies, but like any movie or show, it should still be character driven, with characters that are flawed, but relatable.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    The episode was great, but one thing that I noticed is that they enjoyed killing the zombies way too much. Most of them were all smiles as they did and it kind of showed a mental shift in the group, which was quite cool.

My one gripe with the show is that they always have ammo, like an infinite amount. I doubt Hershel would have been stocked up on Python ammo, sniper ammo, etc... and even with the bag from the police station, they would not have enough for target practice, shooting the ones at the farm and clearing the prison yard.

I guess, it's just the suspension of reality I have to make.
    I def. Have to agree with this. They did at least attempt to say they were running low on ammo....and had them go in using hand to hand only...but still....far too many "types" of guns used to have such a stockpile...oh well...was awesome none the less...this is the show we wanted....not that season two b.s.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    I liked that they are starting to act like intelligent human beings finally, but there're still sporadic bouts of idiocy that make me want to punch a puppy.

Good ideas the group had:
    1) One person takes leadership
    2) Absolute silence when raiding the house
    3) Take the prison
    4) Use the fence for their benefit
    5) Although I'm a bit etchy about this one: Loot the zombie swat dudes

Bad ideas or stupidity the group had:
    1) Giving Carol the rifle instead of a better shot
    2) Taking so long to realize that the swat zombies had no neck protection and that the face-shields could be turned up
    3) Not scouting the prison when they went to look for the medical ward et all
    4) Not making sure the territory they were passing through was secured
    5) This ties into the previous one, but is worth mentioning on its own IMHO: Not making sure all the dead bodies were actually dead

I'm sure there're more, but those're the ones that pop into mind right now
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Also:

Katanakatanakatanakatanakatanakatanakatanakatanaka tanakatanakatanakatana
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    I def. Have to agree with this. They did at least attempt to say they were running low on ammo....and had them go in using hand to hand only...but still....far too many "types" of guns used to have such a stockpile...oh well...was awesome none the less...this is the show we wanted....not that season two b.s.
    you've gotta think though, where did they get all of those weapons that they didn't have earlier? wherever it was they would have prolly found ammo to go with the gun. there was also a police station in town when they were on the farm and since they were mostly using police issue, they would have been able to find ammo there.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Guardian View Post
    I liked that they are starting to act like intelligent human beings finally, but there're still sporadic bouts of idiocy that make me want to punch a puppy.

Good ideas the group had:
    1) One person takes leadership
    2) Absolute silence when raiding the house
    3) Take the prison
    4) Use the fence for their benefit
    5) Although I'm a bit etchy about this one: Loot the zombie swat dudes

Bad ideas or stupidity the group had:
    1) Giving Carol the rifle instead of a better shot
    2) Taking so long to realize that the swat zombies had no neck protection and that the face-shields could be turned up
    3) Not scouting the prison when they went to look for the medical ward et all
    4) Not making sure the territory they were passing through was secured
    5) This ties into the previous one, but is worth mentioning on its own IMHO: Not making sure all the dead bodies were actually dead

I'm sure there're more, but those're the ones that pop into mind right now
    here's how i looked at it, wit hregards to your complaints:

1. the better shots had better rifles: hershel had a M4 with some kind of closed sight, maybe an ACOG, maybe a closed red dot, regardless, better that the AK74U with folding stock.
    2. no real good reason. i agree, but here's something that i'll throw out there as a possibility: they were rattled. when you get rattled, you fail to see the openings.
    3. they were scouting the way to the medical ward. that's what they were doing when they left the block. they were checking out the path to the medical ward, and trying to secure the prison, but mostly trying to secure the path and expanding from there.
    4. see the above. they were trying to secure the prison piece by piece. as long as they can secure what they clear that's a really good idea, but then they got overrun.
    5. i chalk that up to a fatal lapse in judgement. no excuse, hershel just dropped the ball, as we are all apt to do.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Nobody would drop the ball when it came to a zombie sitting on the floor. I would even put two rounds in a decapitated zombie.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    Nobody would drop the ball when it came to a zombie sitting on the floor. I would even put two rounds in a decapitated zombie.
    I kind of agree with you, although I wouldn't go so far as to put two bullets in decapitated zombies. But I do think it was lame that Hershel was so distracted with finding Glenn and Maggie that he let himself get bit. Now I'm very curious to see if he'll bleed out, die of infection, or survive his amputation.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast