User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who would you rather see RUIN "WA"- Hollywood or TV?

Sooner or later some cigar-smoking 'suit' is gonna take notice and offer We're Alive's creators the truckload of money they deserve to sell out. Which means some committee of no-talent Hollywood 'suits' will make either a Movie, TV series, or perhaps miniseries out of WA, changing everything for the worse.

So which way would you prefer to see We're Alive ruined?

1) Hollywood Movie- you know the formula: CGI explosions, car chases, 'trendy' soundtrack, actors who absolutely DO NOT fit their roles (and care even less) etc

2) ABC TV Series- they'll change it but they'll get it right. ABC's "We're Alive" will be quite different from the audio drama, but no matter- it will be a masterpiece of macabre suspense..."Long-form Television" at its finest...

.....that will be cancelled after 6-8 episodes for not appealing to 'a wider demographic'. (Sorry, I'm still sore about them cancelling "Kolchak: the Night Stalker" TWICE in my lifetime)

3) Sci-Fi TV series- oh pardon me it's called "SYFY" now... Zero budget, occasional cheap CGI, cast of unknowns/has-beens pouring their hearts into a script written on a dinner napkin....featuring the Cylon dude from Quantum Leap....

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    i'd prefer the tv series on ABC. main reason is because it isn't FOX, fox loves to cancel Shows prematurely. and if it does get canceled, i'm sure TNT would pick it up. They Do Drama, or so they tell us.
    i think if anything, Cable is the way to go with WA.
    In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Uh, how about just having the rest of America wake the hell up and recognize audio drama as an art form that doesn't need to be 'upgraded.'

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    ABC would be the way to go...the biggest issue would be making past 6-8 episode mark, which really....shouldnt be difficult if we think back to the first 8 chapters of the story...major networks have been looking for a lost-esque program since it spiraled off the airwwaves. A few have come close, only to be pulled due to sporatic ratings...the main thing going against this working is the walking dead copy cat angle...you know their would be many critics claiming that..without looking into the background..
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by litmaster View Post
    Uh, how about just having the rest of America wake the hell up and recognize audio drama as an art form that doesn't need to be 'upgraded.'
    best of luck changing an entire culture. If you want to move forward with your product, sometimes you have to make the jump. Would w/a really be a good fit for film/tv?...probly not. But, if live action sells...couldn't blame KC for doing it, if given the option
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Scavenger"

Status
    i always imagined it would be remade for TV in the form of an adult cartoon/animation style film using the same actors to do the voice overs
    Last edited by Blood & Ice Cream; Mar 12th, 2012 at 06:47 AM.

I'm that guy that everyone knows is here, but no one talks to.

Status

Gamertag: itsallgoodie Wii Code: No idea but I have one.
    We could just wait it out until a decent deal comes along (if one doesn't, it doesn't, WA is still amazing and that's why we love it), which might I add as been KC's plan for a while now.
    The word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order, other than Aegilops but no ones knows what the hell that means, so it doesn't count.

"Lurker"

Status
    No way would it ever end up being a movie. you could not tell the story in 90minutes, if you tried you have to strip it down and it would be just be another Zombie movie. I take it back, for a cheap number a studio might buy the rights for story(and the following it already has). The movie would not resemble the WA we know in any way shape or form other than the name, a few characters names and Zombies

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurVeteran

Gamertag: Mikeyd2tall Steam ID: Mikeyd2tall
    Id really like to see it as a tv show! i know everyone says that it might "Ruin" the show but think of who would be writing it! our very own Kc! im sure he would want complete creative control no matter what! and im sure he wouldn't take the deal unless he had that, you know? I mean come on guys, its our Kc we are talking about here

Philly Phanatic Zombie

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    What would be the time from do you guys think if it ever was a part of TV? A 60-min episode = 1 chapter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast