User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by abayarts View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting Nikvoodoo is Ink?!?!?!
    I knew something was up with his name...
    *watching you from the rooftops....*
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Guard Duty"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran

I get it now the whole story is a zombie version of clue. "It was Nik Voodoo at Ground Zero with the tattoo gun and the T-virus"

Minimalist

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: abayarts Wii Code: abayarts
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    *watching you from the rooftops....*
    *watching you from the streets....yo*
    Follow me on twitter @ abayarts and on Tumblr at abayarts.tumblr.com

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    enigma.jpg
    I posted it before, but until the chapter art I've always imagined ink as looking like this guy. He was the enigma on the X-Files episode about the circus.

I've been thinking that Ink was involved with the release of whatever is making zombies. My not so secret theory is that Skittles was as well. Skittles observed the zombies like a scientist.

Hey, you don't have to be crazy to turn humanity into a horde of crazed zombies with you as their supreme commander, but it helps...
    SKITTLES?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    enigma.jpg
    I posted it before, but until the chapter art I've always imagined ink as looking like this guy. He was the enigma on the X-Files episode about the circus.

I've been thinking that Ink was involved with the release of whatever is making zombies. My not so secret theory is that Skittles was as well. Skittles observed the zombies like a scientist.

Hey, you don't have to be crazy to turn humanity into a horde of crazed zombies with you as their supreme commander, but it helps...

i couldnt agree with this post more!(fellow skittles was a scientist person) i did completely forget about that dude from x-files....but your absolutely right..perfect fit! and while im in this thread, i had another one of those bat-shit crazy ideas...

say, we do think of this being some kind of supernatual thing(just for the sake of this idea)...what if the combination of his bizarre markings and what they conjure up actually cause this whole thing to go down because he "dies"/is killed...a curse on humanity of sorts. wild idea....not what i see happening here. but a fun storyline for something else.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    say, we do think of this being some kind of supernatual thing(just for the sake of this idea)...what if the combination of his bizarre markings and what they conjure up actually cause this whole thing to go down because he "dies"/is killed...a curse on humanity of sorts. wild idea....not what i see happening here. but a fun storyline for something else.
    I agree with you. I think the subtext will turn out to be supernatural with strong Christian undertones but I wonder how overt it's going to be. Like, it will fit, but not be explicitly stated. I think one reading of Revelations is that the dead will walk the earth. (Isn't more than one version of Revelations out there? I've heard the Catholics have a slightly different version than the Protestants).

I'm a spiritual person so pulling down some supernatural source material wouldn't bother me, but I know it gets a lot of people's dander up. According to my highly Discovery Channel, NPR and cheesy horror movie based knowledge of Revelations, some people think that the Antichrist refers to a historical individual that was trying to make a more secular state. Other people think he's actually a bunch of he's and she's I suppose. More of a mindset if you will.
    SKITTLES?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Yup, exactly... Think for people like us its natural to see these things within the story itself,regardless of whether they were intended or not. As a creative thinker in general, I find it quite easy to find small items with the content of things I've created that I consciously never intended, but subconsciously made their way into the work. I'm not saying that's whats happening here, but it's entirely possible.

if I had to put a "tag" on the story so far,including the chapter artwork of course....and I was to take a spiritual slant...I'd say, "eastern -vs- western philosophy...with zombies".. You have the very Christian tower group,the somewhat pagan mallers, and the strange mystical zombies...looking back though history...how did early Christians view natives when they visited a new land?

But I so hope none of this is involved in this story, save from a sub-level...an undefined level. Without getting into any spoilers...thus makes me think of daybyday Armageddon...the end of the 2nd book made a defined statement of dander raising...and I would hate to see that happen here..all that does is alienate your audience into groups....better to leave it subtle
    KAW

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Yup, exactly... Think for people like us its natural to see these things within the story itself,regardless of whether they were intended or not. As a creative thinker in general, I find it quite easy to find small items with the content of things I've created that I consciously never intended, but subconsciously made their way into the work. I'm not saying that's whats happening here, but it's entirely possible.
    I know what you mean, The subconscious is a really important part of creation. Freud said something about the conscious mind being like someone with a flashlight in a dark attic. You can only illuminate a few things at a time. That I think he got right. The conscious mind wants to make rules and decide what's creative and what's not. In my opinion, the best stuff springs from a conversation between the two.

if I had to put a "tag" on the story so far,including the chapter artwork of course....and I was to take a spiritual slant...I'd say, "eastern -vs- western philosophy...with zombies".. You have the very Christian tower group,the somewhat pagan mallers, and the strange mystical zombies...looking back though history...how did early Christians view natives when they visited a new land?
    I disagree about the pagan aspect--the Mallers are more just plain evil. I don't see Paganism as evil per se. I don't see Prisoners as evil per se either. [tangent approaching] I really liked that scene in the last Batman movie where the Muslim prisoners were the ones to toss the detonator out the window. [tangent departing] But I mean, the name of the Maller is Scratch! Come-on with your satanist aliases!
    But I so hope none of this is involved in this story, save from a sub-level...an undefined level. Without getting into any spoilers...thus makes me think of daybyday Armageddon...the end of the 2nd book made a defined statement of dander raising...and I would hate to see that happen here..all that does is alienate your audience into groups....better to leave it subtle
    Subtle is good, but I like it when you find out some things. You might like the book "Last Things" by David Searcy. It demands patience and although it seems so opaque he actually tells you most of what you need to know if you figure it out. He's all about giving the reader the sensation of discovery.
    SKITTLES?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Pagan was perhaps a poor choice of words if you put it in a modern day context. At that point I was in a bit of a stream of consciousness mode. My thinking their was a bit more the old school sense of the word. Before I go on some tangent about points of view from a different era and definitions that change meaning over time that few people want to hear...long story short. I didn't mean modern, Nice pagans...hell, id kinda consider myself one of them

And with the subtlety thing...of course we all want to find things out, but if you come right out toward the end of the story and say...oh yea, voodoo is real...or...hey btw, this is an alien virus....when those things have had very little to do with the story aside from the most minute of details...thats when things get a bit wonky for the audience. KC is smarter than that I believe
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Mar 10th, 2012 at 02:57 AM.
    KAW

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Eviebae & 7odd,

I wouldn't mind if the series takes a supernatural direction-- I mean, the fact that we're already dealing with huge rhino-zombies crashing through buildings already puts this story loosely within the fantasy / dark-fantasy genre.

But I don't want to see the whole thing turn into some Christian allegory: so Scratch is Satan, the two towers are the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of good & evil, Michael is Jesus, etc. So at the end Michael will end up dying, pinned to a wall with arms spread... (barf, barf). The problem with stories like this is they are way too heavy-handed in their metaphorical symbolism. We want 'We're Alive', not Pilgrim's Progress.

I have no problems with Christians (or other faiths, for that matter), but I do have a problem with bad storytelling.

I don't think Kc will do that to us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast