User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    "The FREE podcast that I listen to for Free should really keep consistant quality levels and dont even think about having, issues like vacations (because when you do a FREE podcast you dont need a vacation) or scheduling conflicts (because everyone is ready at a moments notice despite the fact that people have their own lives to deal with) or fickle technology that sometimes does not cooperate. SHAME ON YOU WND! Get your act together."

sadly this is why i dont listen to WND anymore.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    So take my opinion for what it's worth. For all I know, I'm the reason you think the podcast sucks recently but you didn't want to say it. If I'm truly part of the problem, I'm more than happy to take the criticism...I may not agree but I'll always take it.
    Not at all, I like listening to your input! I enjoy the podcast! I like the guests. I really love the new intro--it's just so perfect.

I get you are doing this for free and in your spare time. I thought the request was for ways to make it even better. I never criticize unless I can offer a solution--which can be taken or ignored. If I thought the podcast was lame I wouldn't have posted anything.

[edited to add] rereading my post I realized it sounded like I was saying that whatever the HPL guys are doing is better than what you are doing. I meant it to say it's better to what they were doing after one of the guys moved to England and they began using Skype. Now they each record their own input. If you record it just off of Skype the one recording it sounds great and the other sounds tinny or laggy or somesuch.
    Last edited by Eviebae; Mar 6th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
    SKITTLES?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Not at all, I like listening to your input! I enjoy the podcast! I like the guests. I really love the new intro--it's just so perfect.

I get you are doing this for free and in your spare time. I thought the request was for ways to make it even better. I never criticize unless I can offer a solution--which can be taken or ignored. If I thought the podcast was lame I wouldn't have posted anything.

[edited to add] rereading my post I realized it sounded like I was saying that whatever the HPL guys are doing is better than what you are doing. I meant it to say it's better to what they were doing after one of the guys moved to England and they began using Skype. Now they each record their own input. If you record it just off of Skype the one recording it sounds great and the other sounds tinny or laggy or somesuch.
    My diatribe wasn't necessarily in response to your post...it just kinda showed up there after. And I get what you mean now. There are times you can tell where the Skype lag couldn't quite get edited out. I know there's lots of times I speak over people and I never knew they were trying to talk until I hear the finished product.

And I should also make it clear: WND is no where near perfect in all aspects. There can always be improvements made. I'm not so blinded to think its perfect all the time.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    So are you officially part of the podcast now, Nik?.. I think just having a stable host/co-host dynamic will pick up the little bits people are worrying over..i could see how the randomness of Greg could have been a small part of the problem(not blaming him, I'm aware if what it's like to be a "busy man")..but if you guys actually have structure of the who's and how's...it can only get better.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    So are you officially part of the podcast now, Nik?.. I think just having a stable host/co-host dynamic will pick up the little bits people are worrying over..i could see how the randomness of Greg could have been a small part of the problem(not blaming him, I'm aware if what it's like to be a "busy man")..but if you guys actually have structure of the who's and how's...it can only get better.
    Not exactly. I'm a consistent presence at the moment, but we'll see moving forward. Got lots going on in the homestead. I'm always happy to contribute when I can.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

"Guard Duty"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran

As someone who just listened to them recently I think one of the cool things was the guests. Getting a chance to hear other forum-mates ideas or craziness was amusing but I also understand that this makes producing the show WAY more complicated-arranging schedules ,editing and such.
    As far as NEEDING a second co-host stable or rotating I think it was more a result of chapter 26 not doing a whole lot that might have made it seem to drag on a bit.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    I always feel like I piss off Nik... I don't think the podcast is bad, I just always feel like there is something better to be listening to lately. I think that it might be because I feel so distant from the host. They feel like separate entities that are untouchable by us mere mortals, or something. I'm not saying that I wish they would come down to Kansas and hangout with me, because that is weird. I just feel like they interact more with each other and ignore the listeners. I know a podcast like this is just listening to people talking, but the other ones I listen to seem to be more in tune with their audience. I don't like feeling like I'm listening to COMPLETE strangers.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Creem_Filling View Post
    I always feel like I piss off Nik... I don't think the podcast is bad, I just always feel like there is something better to be listening to lately. I think that it might be because I feel so distant from the host. They feel like separate entities that are untouchable by us mere mortals, or something. I'm not saying that I wish they would come down to Kansas and hangout with me, because that is weird. I just feel like they interact more with each other and ignore the listeners. I know a podcast like this is just listening to people talking, but the other ones I listen to seem to be more in tune with their audience. I don't like feeling like I'm listening to COMPLETE strangers.
    Not pissed off at all my good sir. I'm sorry if it came across that way. That's why I tried to preface it by saying I know I come off dickish. I wasn't trying to. I already have a low sugarcoat factor and my newborn baby addled brain... Well whatever. Excuses are what they are. My apologies for still coming off douchey.

However! That is a tangible critique just now! The interactivity of the podcast listeners to the hosts is something I could attempt to facilitate even if I don't continue on in any capacity as a regular host. So what do you have in mind? I remember threads used to open prior to recording so forum members could ask questions easier than email/twitter..we can bring those back.

Some kind of new feature maybe like "voicemail" where someone could post a YouTube video asking a question? Maybe something like that?

I know I want to start a contest soon. I'd hoped to finish my own entry as a blueprint first, but I doubt I'll get it done. And just so you know if I was still touring the country and we stopped in Kansas I would definitely drop you a line!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Not pissed off at all my good sir. I'm sorry if it came across that way. That's why I tried to preface it by saying I know I come off dickish. I wasn't trying to. I already have a low sugarcoat factor and my newborn baby addled brain... Well whatever. Excuses are what they are. My apologies for still coming off douchey.

However! That is a tangible critique just now! The interactivity of the podcast listeners to the hosts is something I could attempt to facilitate even if I don't continue on in any capacity as a regular host. So what do you have in mind? I remember threads used to open prior to recording so forum members could ask questions easier than email/twitter..we can bring those back.

Some kind of new feature maybe like "voicemail" where someone could post a YouTube video asking a question? Maybe something like that?

I know I want to start a contest soon. I'd hoped to finish my own entry as a blueprint first, but I doubt I'll get it done. And just so you know if I was still touring the country and we stopped in Kansas I would definitely drop you a line!
    No worries, I know you well enough by now that I know what you mean. And you do plenty to keep in touch with the community, even as a mini-host, that's why I like the ones where you are on so much. As for ideas... Yeah, just some way that Britt can get the questions easier would be great. I feel like so much that is said, she doesn't see. Also, community chat things have always been fun. Like, some people I listen to have this chatroom on tinychat they get on all the time to just talk with their fans about stuff, anything. Yes, we have the cb here, but Britt and Greg are never on the forums. Or maybe even something like the playdates. Video games or movies, it doesn't matter. Hell, I feel like I know Kc better than I do Britt and Greg. That's one of the reasons I love WA so much.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem_Filling View Post
    just some way that Britt can get the questions easier would be great.
    Like a thread for each episode? A "Put your questions for chapter X here" One for each episode or chapter so it didn't get too long.
    SKITTLES?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast