User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    So, I tried a bronze match solo. Got my ass kicked. I did not know the maps so I did not even know where they were coming from. I probably have to go to more of an AOE. My thumbs are not as smooth as most of the kids today. When I solo, I go slow and cautious. The multiplayer is also so match faster.

ALso, for some reason, the hard wire from my modem crapped out. I will have to look into that. The wireless works fine with the exception that xbox told me my NAT is moderate and I have to play with the firewalls.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Me3 retool

So, I was not all happy with my stats, so I transferred in again. But, before doing so, I wiped all skill points. I entered the game and was able to assign points anywhere I wanted. Skills that had preconditions, like two points in the skill above, etc.

As a soldier I had access to cryogenic rounds without needing inferno. But, I earned the Armor piercing bonus power, so even that was available.

So I loaded up AP and Disrupt to have something great against both armor and shields in the early game.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Shepard & Cerberus

Minor Spoilers

Ditto

One thing that I really hated was the creation of the seven trillion dollar man. I do not want to open a thread of speculation. But, if I was him, I would be second guessing a whole lot of things. Like Ash says, I knew the old Shepard.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Ok..
    First impression:
    1. Glitchy. Example. Shepard is talking to Liara with his head turned so his chin is damn near over his left shoulder. Mind you, their having a "Face" to face convo. Other times the transitions to and from cut scenes look crappy. Already I like the 2nd game better. I even have trouble getting my guy to take cover at times.
    Lastly.. my game 1&2 shepard didn't transfer. I had to create his face all over again. Didn't come close
    2. The weapons:
    When you're at any weapons kiosk, you don't have a clue if the weapon you have is better or worse than the one on disply.

3. The weapons table.
    WTF is that? Why not just be able to buy the mods and they're instantly on the weapon like in game 1? I didn't even know what the hell it was for until last night and I'm at the save the academy part.
    Also, why mod up your weapon if you can just buy a better on if you have the credits? You're running around with a Vindicator 2 with mods when 70k will get you the Vindicator superduper 30??

4. Powers (Vanguard).
    Wack! Cool down: too long.
    What's the point in transferring from the two pervious games if your powers don't?

5. Graphics are much of an improvement over game 2.

I wonder if I hit on the reporter will it mess up me and Liara? hhah. Can I be a pimp?

So far, I give the game a 3

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    dude, i am a pimp. i'm running up every skirt in the game. i had no problems transfering in my me2 character. i like the mod system because i can really set up my squad how i want. i use all guys with assault rifles, sniper rifles and shotguns, so being able to jack up the mag count and stabalize the weapon gives me someone who can not just spray, but be accurate too. i can add a scope and rechamber the gun for a larger caliber and have something that can reach out and touch someone like a sniper rifle, but have the rapid fire of an assault rifle. i like it.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

I also find it glitchy. I will be in one position and a squadmate will push me to were I am not supposed to be and then I cannot move from it.

I hate that I can hop up or seek cover on that this three-foot rise, but not that three-foot rise.

In many of the fights, the fire and movement is a problem for me. Like Crowbar, I have trouble with cover.

I have to do a job better managing my squad. Even though I have turned on the option to let them use powers, they spend more time vegitating than firing.

I am a soldier. That means I use guns, lots of guns... But carrying more than a sniper rifle and assault rifle screws recharge rate. WTF. Does a Biotic get dinged for having too many points in Warp and singularity because there is too much dark matter around? Unlikely. So, let any class use any weapon just like a soldier, but reduce the number of weapons that can be carried by the soldier.

Some of the conversation options appear to be temporally and spatially linked. Miss that "window" and it closes rather than just being delayed.

The missions marked "Priority" are not, while those not labeled are. WTF, I mean it says Priority, but it is what advances the plot. Do not bother to do the priority mission and the whole plot stalls and it does not matter when you do them. It is the same mission. A secondary Mission is not listed as a priority, but if it is not done before a "Priority" mission, it is no longer doable.

I love the choose your own path aspect of the plot and the Tom Clancy like return of characters, but I think they could have had a timer built in. "Dead Rising" has a nice clock that runs down for the main mission and side quests. Mass Effect does not have to have something as blatant as a clock couting down to 0:00, but it could be something more fuzzy like the number of jumps. Feedback could easily be given by short conversations

Admiral Allstate could say that the reavers are on Earth, but our gorilla actions are going OK
    Later...
    We are taking heavy losses and Reapers are driving us back on all fronts.
    Later:
    Reaper strikes are zeroing in on the command post, I think they found us...

Or something like this. I have no clue how it will play out. I am probably on 25% through the game.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    dude, i am a pimp. i'm running up every skirt in the game. i had no problems transfering in my me2 character. i like the mod system because i can really set up my squad how i want. i use all guys with assault rifles, sniper rifles and shotguns, so being able to jack up the mag count and stabalize the weapon gives me someone who can not just spray, but be accurate too. i can add a scope and rechamber the gun for a larger caliber and have something that can reach out and touch someone like a sniper rifle, but have the rapid fire of an assault rifle. i like it.
    Here's what I'm saying man.. just buy the upgrades like in the first game and not have to worry about it? When I mod'd my weapons, It doesn't show you the finished product. It only shows you the last thing added. So if your shotty shows you have 4 modifications available, does it take all four at the same time?

I put an extended barrel on my sniper rifle and added a larger magazine after that, when I added the mag application, the longer barrel went away on the bench.

The other thing I was saying or.. should have said it about the weapons and armor you get with the presale.. Null and void since they aren't special. You can buy better armor and weapons by the time you get to Mars.

Unlike in Dead Island you got the "Ripper" mod and only a few had it and it gave you an instant advantage. Not so with the N7 Armor and the two weapons.

I'd much rather have my Collector death ray available again. I carried that puppy around in game 2 and put it to good use.

Speaking of Pimpage.. Reaper, you're saying you're hitting every skirt in the galaxy with no reaper (ahah)cussions? (that was double pun.)
    The mack in me is still pissed I messed up the chance with Miranda in Game 2.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    I also find it glitchy.

I am a soldier. That means I use guns, lots of guns... But carrying more than a sniper rifle and assault rifle screws recharge rate. WTF. Does a Biotic get dinged for having too many points in Warp and singularity because there is too much dark matter around? Unlikely. So, let any class use any weapon just like a soldier, but reduce the number of weapons that can be carried by the soldier.
    That recharge rate is for the Powers option, I think. I'm playing as a Soldier as well, and after a couple of missions, I said to Hell with it and outfitted myself with all the guns. I'm not carrying all the heaviest guns (except for the Mantis sniper rifle), but with all the weight of my guns, I'm sitting at -21%. I'm not noticing a difference in timing recharge for my Concussion Shot or my Adrenaline Rush thing. I am upgrading my guns when I can while at the same time saving up money for that Dragon Armor (because it looks cool).

I have ran into the cover problems you guys have as well, but I'm thinking it's more my controller than anything else. Sometimes, my Shepard likes to move to the left when I'm not pushing on the thumbstick... or he'll slowing walk forward (like Bruce Willis in Armageddon) when I am not touching ANYTHING.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Here's what I'm saying man.. just buy the upgrades like in the first game and not have to worry about it? When I mod'd my weapons, It doesn't show you the finished product. It only shows you the last thing added. So if your shotty shows you have 4 modifications available, does it take all four at the same time?

I put an extended barrel on my sniper rifle and added a larger magazine after that, when I added the mag application, the longer barrel went away on the bench.

The other thing I was saying or.. should have said it about the weapons and armor you get with the presale.. Null and void since they aren't special. You can buy better armor and weapons by the time you get to Mars.

Unlike in Dead Island you got the "Ripper" mod and only a few had it and it gave you an instant advantage. Not so with the N7 Armor and the two weapons.

I'd much rather have my Collector death ray available again. I carried that puppy around in game 2 and put it to good use.

Speaking of Pimpage.. Reaper, you're saying you're hitting every skirt in the galaxy with no reaper (ahah)cussions? (that was double pun.)
    The mack in me is still pissed I messed up the chance with Miranda in Game 2.
    it wouldn't let me whore myself out in game 2, i had to pick one broad and stick with her, but here i'm telling all the ladies what they want to here and so far, no problems.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    I also find it glitchy. I will be in one position and a squadmate will push me to were I am not supposed to be and then I cannot move from it.

I hate that I can hop up or seek cover on that this three-foot rise, but not that three-foot rise.

In many of the fights, the fire and movement is a problem for me. Like Crowbar, I have trouble with cover.

I have to do a job better managing my squad. Even though I have turned on the option to let them use powers, they spend more time vegitating than firing.

Some of the conversation options appear to be temporally and spatially linked. Miss that "window" and it closes rather than just being delayed.

The missions marked "Priority" are not, while those not labeled are. WTF, I mean it says Priority, but it is what advances the plot. Do not bother to do the priority mission and the whole plot stalls and it does not matter when you do them. It is the same mission. A secondary Mission is not listed as a priority, but if it is not done before a "Priority" mission, it is no longer doable.

I love the choose your own path aspect of the plot and the Tom Clancy like return of characters, but I think they could have had a timer built in. "Dead Rising" has a nice clock that runs down for the main mission and side quests. Mass Effect does not have to have something as blatant as a clock couting down to 0:00, but it could be something more fuzzy like the number of jumps. Feedback could easily be given by short conversations

Admiral Allstate could say that the reavers are on Earth, but our gorilla actions are going OK
    Later...
    We are taking heavy losses and Reapers are driving us back on all fronts.
    Later:
    Reaper strikes are zeroing in on the command post, I think they found us...

Or something like this. I have no clue how it will play out. I am probably on 25% through the game.
    see, i don't use a lot of powers anyway, mostly grenades and guns (thank God they took grenades off the cooldown timer and let you carry a reloadable number) so i just carry one of everything and take the hit. on the powers i do use the cooldown has been reduced enough that if i wanted to just carry a smg and assault rifle i would perpetually be in slomo. i am falling in love with the multi, lot's of fun. i haven't played in a few days so i'll proly get on tonight.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast