User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Mass Effect 3 - Starting character

The release is in a couple of days. Got me thinking about something: What is everyone going to be playing as?

I have two characters I have started from the first Mass Effect and moved through into the 2nd Mass Effect. I got a male paragon soldier and a female renegade engineer. Of course, because I was anticipating running around the galaxy trying to unite various species against the reapers, I couldn't bring myself to killing off the Rachni queen. I figured I'd be trying to recruit the Rachni race to help fight off those crazy squid ships.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    The release is in a couple of days. Got me thinking about something: What is everyone going to be playing as?

I have two characters I have started from the first Mass Effect and moved through into the 2nd Mass Effect. I got a male paragon soldier and a female renegade engineer. Of course, because I was anticipating running around the galaxy trying to unite various species against the reapers, I couldn't bring myself to killing off the Rachni queen. I figured I'd be trying to recruit the Rachni race to help fight off those crazy squid ships.
    I don't even know what I played as in either games. I know I preferred the skill sets in the first game over the second. I DO know I have my game preordered and i'll be at Gamestop monday..er, Tuesday evening to get my copy!

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    skraight up you, i am all about that soldier class. i tried to play as something else, several something elses in fact, but i could never force myself to play past omega station. i'm not about those fancy powers and whatnot, i'm all about telling grunt to lay a base of fire, moving a sniper to one side, then slow-moing my way up the center with the mattock. maybe toss out a frag, or hit them with the powershot. depending on my ammo, i switch it up too, might have grunt charge up one side while me and zaeed or garrus snipe. can't wait to see how i'm going to peice up fools in this one.

oh yeah, i was also a paragon. i just couldn't make myself be a dick. on the other hand, at the end of the arrival dlc, they were saying that there was no easy choice, but i disagree. the only choice for a man of concience was to blow the relay, but whatever. i never set out to be bad, but i never had a problem doing what had to be done to make the mission happen.
    Last edited by reaper239; Mar 2nd, 2012 at 07:17 AM.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Paragon Soldier Survivor still loyal to whats her name from Mass 1. Ash?

Started another game last night. There has been some downloadable content. Last I did was Kasumi. I should check the notes for Mass 3. Is it input the character from Mass 2 / Mass 1 or is it import a character and all his/her friends and stuff?

Oh yea. I was on Xbox. I do not know if I bought the PC version if an character imput can be laundered through the cerberus account. I forgot about that. I will have to go back to the webpage
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Mar 2nd, 2012 at 10:58 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    paragon.. Yah! That's the ticket!! I blew the relay station up as well. Sure wish I hadn't made Miranda mad. I was looking forward to showing her my... new weapon. I was thinking about starting all over just so I could.

So... is Tuesday night gonna be a WA Mass Effect III game get together then? I'm picking mine up right after work and probably gonna piss the wife off and start playing before I take off my boots!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    skraight up yo. i did the miranda thing, she loved my captains log HEY-O. i'm thinking of nameing my guy jim. "it's kobayashi for you there's no way you can win, when your weak crew sees me coming they'll be like 'damnit it's... jim'" i beat ME 2 on ps3, and now i can't decide what to get me3 for. if i get it on ps3 i can import my old character but if i do it for xbox i can play with the peeps on the site. i so conflicted.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    skraight up yo. i did the miranda thing, she loved my captains log HEY-O. i'm thinking of nameing my guy jim. "it's kobayashi for you there's no way you can win, when your weak crew sees me coming they'll be like 'damnit it's... jim'" i beat ME 2 on ps3, and now i can't decide what to get me3 for. if i get it on ps3 i can import my old character but if i do it for xbox i can play with the peeps on the site. i so conflicted.
    Trust your feeling, young padawan.

I'm fulling expecting to get some benefit for importing my two characters. I did play the multiplayer demo and while it's fine, and it feels like Horde/Firefight. Fun, but not to extent that the single player has been on previous iterations.
    I do picture quite a few people on here jumping on multiplayer because it is such a good thing they have crafted there.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    How in the HELL am I the only Vanguard here? I like to get all up in dat action. STEP IT UP, GUYS! :P (btw I beat Insanity ME2 as a Vanguard, OMG NEVER DO THAT)

Also, we need to make an official ME3 thread without too many different ones. Want to make this one the official one? Spoilers and all?
    Find me on these places: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and YouTube. Check out my podcasts: Around the Campfire and The Broforce Podcast.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    oh, i thought the multi would be like, co-op campaign or something

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I'm playing the demo right now and not exactly feeling it. I'm playing as a Vanguard and the powers are "off". The Throw looks like a little blue ball that only knocks down a character. Unlike the first game, when you threw.. you really THREW them. they went tumbling.
    Reaper.. I think the game play would be better for you if you just went ahead and got it for your PS3. You'd miss too much by not having an imported character.

We need to find out who actually wants to play and on what console.
    Do a mass (hhee.. no pun intended) email with available times, and gametags of those who want to play.
    Last edited by HaveCrowBarWillTravel; Mar 5th, 2012 at 06:35 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast