View Poll Results: Who's the Rat?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I still have to stand behind the Kalani being the Rat and the Assasin. The thief, on the otherhand, was Bill.

Here is my interpretation of a timeline for Kalani:

Kalani flew into LAX from Hawaii . Coming in loud, they were swarmed by zombies and only 3 people made it off the tarmac including Kalani and Hannah.
    Kalani and company saw a group of survivors from the window of a nearby hotel and ran to them.
    These survivors were in fact the Mallers although he let Michael and company believe they went straight to the Other Tower.
    The Mallers recognized Kalani's special relationship with Hannah and used that as leverage to get Kalani to work for them, specifically to infiltrate the Other Tower. I believe Scratch probably detailed to Kalani exactly what she would do to Hannah if she did not have his full cooperation.
    When Kalani starts working for the Mallers he is given the nickname "Kalani". We know the Mallers all use nicknames and Datu mentioned that his name did not match his face when first meeting Kalani in the Arena.
    While in place at the Other Tower, Kalani is found out. I suspect something he did might have lead to the security breach that let in the One With The Markings.
    When the Other Tower fell, Kalani was taken to the Arena.
    After being rescued by the "We're Alive" Tower, Kalani is put on guard duty.
    He uses this opportunity to contact the Mallers to let them know he's still alive and ensure Hannah's continued safety.
    The Mallers are happy to learn they now have a man inside the "We're Alive" Tower and also learn about the missing guns and the upcoming party.
    The Mallers then mobilize for their seige on the "We're Alive" Tower.

In Season two, Kalani goes with Angel on a mission to collect the MREs.
    Kalani gets very nervous that Angel is unexpectedly contacting the Mallers. Scratch would not have been happy that Kalani failed to forewarn her of such a meeting.
    When Angel tells him the body they are carrying is Latch, Kalani quickly denounces any knowledge of who Latch is to conceal his ties to the Mallers.
    When meeting up with Skittles, Skittles said he recognized Kalani. This was probably from his time at the Other Tower, since Skittles was reported to have been there when it was overrun.
    Twice on the mission, Kalani tells Angel to leave him to die.
    I think Kalani may have hoped his death would somehow keep Hannah safe, that Scratch would have no need to threaten/harm her with Kalani out of the picture.
    After Angel refuses to let him give up, Kalani becomes loyal to Angel and the "We're Alive" Tower, and ends all contact with the Mallers, hoping they'll assume he died. Perhaps he hoped to be reunited with Hannah one day or was just consoled with the idea that she would still be alive somewhere.

When Pippin arrives there is now someone who could ID Kalani and either tell the Tower of his past connection with the Mallers or tell the Mallers he is in fact alive.
    On the day Kalani and Datu head out to work with the Jolly Green Giant:
    1. Datu is in the Parking Garage getting the car ready while Kalani goes to to tell Michael (on the 5th floor) that they are leaving.
    2. Kalani then goes down to the 4th floor and cuts the wire in the hall before ducking into a neighboring apartment.
    3. Angel leaves the Guard Room and heads up to the 5th floor Armory.
    4. Kalani slips in, shoots Pippin and takes out the radio/communications.
    5. Kalani heads down to the Parking Garage and leaves with Datu, who had the music turned way up.
    6. Kalani checks in with Burt over the radio and "learns" that communication with the Tower is out, giving the impression that they were en route at the time of the shooting.

With Kalani no longer in contact with the Mallers, Hannah is now dispensable, to be used in the fake Lizzie hand-off.
    Scratch is true to her word in how Hannah is killed. This is also a message she would want to send to Kalani in the event that he was still alive. Scratch would want Kalani to know it was Hannah, and that his actions lead to her death.
    When Kalani hears about the fake Lizzie and how she was killed, he is convinced this red-head girl had to have been his Hannah.
    In a heroic act of redemption, Kalani sacrifices himself for the Tower members he once betrayed. He tells Angel he hid his journals in Bill's desk which includes the story of all his dealings with the Mallers.
    Kalani also tells Angel "That girl, that was my Hannah". This was the final peice of information Angel would need (after reading his journal) to piece together why he did what he did.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    The time line is dead on from how it seems,but you miss one point kalani and datu left after angle checked them out. But i think it went down like this. Datu in the car music up fiddling with his pack. Kalani walks up to him "we should get going." Datu agrees starts the car. Angel runs in asks have you been here the hole time. Kalani says yes and the they should leave before wasting any gas. Angel says your right get going. And they leave.
    So if angel would have asked more questions they would have found him out before he died. But it makes for a better story the way it went down.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    I was under the impression Angel got another radio to contact Datu/Kalani. Datu then said he has been with Kalani the whole time and that they had left before it all happened (at least from Datu's perspective).

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    no because Michael told angel to let them go. they (datu and kalani) knew about the shooting before they left and only need to be told through the radio that they (micheal and angel) had a locked up someone they thought had done it.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    I went back to listen again, and at 6:19 in Episode 22 Our Doubts Are Traitors Part 2, Angel says, "So we grabbed the other radio from the roof and brought it down. Datu says he and Kalani were together the whole time and left before anything happened."

I don't think Angel would have said they left before anything happened if he was able to question them in person after the shooting.

Pippin's English Crew

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWA PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: M e ss s ii a H
    I don't think Kalani is the rat, as in The War the rat has informed Scratch who everyone major is. Kalani had only been there for around a day at that point I think, he would not have known who everyone major was and been able to inform Scratch who they were just on voice recognition.
    "I didn't fear death or what might be there if today was my last day. But that was then and this is now."

Pippin's English Crew

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWA PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: M e ss s ii a H
    Interestingly, during Chapter 11, Riley dissapears off at 05:50, only letting Pegs know she was going and not letting anyone know where she was going. Did she contact the Mallers? Maybe....
    "I didn't fear death or what might be there if today was my last day. But that was then and this is now."

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Man...i HATE to do this but...the people that are identified on the radio by durai..are the primary people that kalani interacted with his first day(s?) there....
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiphobe View Post
    I went back to listen again, and at 6:19 in Episode 22 Our Doubts Are Traitors Part 2, Angel says, "So we grabbed the other radio from the roof and brought it down. Datu says he and Kalani were together the whole time and left before anything happened."

I don't think Angel would have said they left before anything happened if he was able to question them in person after the shooting.
    But the problem with Datu saying he was with Kalani the whole time is Kalani would have had to run down 6-7 flights of stairs in a minute. Datu may believe he and Kalani were together at the time of the shooting, but the odds are that's not true. This is actually a conversation we had on the upcoming WND #29, so I won't expound on it anymore at the moment.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    I'm pretty sure I've had a different answer for this poll all three times we've done it now. But awhile back I pretty much staked my claim on Riley being the rat, and I'm sticking with it to the bitter end. I'll admit Kalani seems pretty likely right now, but we've had so many red herrings, we can take anything for certain until we hear an actual confession (posthumously if necessary). And until I hear that I'm gonna ride my "Riley's the rat" to the end...right off a cliff if I have to.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast