User Tag List

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    "Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Please correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't Hope, the blind girl, from the other tower as well? If so wouldn't Kalani have known her and then Chinwe?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    All that wording I spewed out and you put it so succinctly. Kudos.
    I'm good like that. You had a lot more information, I was specifically speaking to the cliffhanger only. You had a lot more analysis of the plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't Hope, the blind girl, from the other tower as well? If so wouldn't Kalani have known her and then Chinwe?
    Yes. She was. Kalani would know her, but if Hope can't see she wouldn't be able to ID Kalani when she got to the Tower. So if Kalani's story is to be believed, then he would have known both CJ and Hope.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Alright then why didn't Hope's mother at the arena never ID Kalani as being from the other tower?

Also during the entire tower chapters, has Kalani and Hope ever spoke to each other? Even being blind, the voice would be a tell tell sign.
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; Feb 13th, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Alright then why didn't Hope's mother at the arena never ID Kalani as being from the other tower?
    You snuck an edit in on me :

You (as well as just about everyone else including me) possibly got taken in by a story telling slight of hand. We assumed because Samantha had information about Kalani that they knew each other before they were captured. I also think she might have said they came to rescue us and we assumed it meant her and Kalani. But it may be she was just thrown in there, spilled her guts about the Other Tower and Kalani stole the story once he escaped.

Regardless of Kalani's true story....what he was or was not responsible for.....we know what his final action was. So if he was the Rat, he definitely earned back his stripes.....PS I still hold to my guns that the Rat is still alive.

No matter what the reason: I'm really really looking forward to March 5 now.

I deleted your next post undeadsweeper since it was a clarification about your edit that I caught after I posted. Just keep things neat and tidy 'round here.
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Feb 13th, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Thanks Nikvoodoo. I'm still thinking that this thing would have been pick up by anyone reading the journals.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    And don't worry, I'm one of the rare people that liked Kalani.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I so rarely get to say this(please allow me 2 seconds of brag)

Called it....

Ok, I'm done

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    LOL.. a thousand different spellings.. aka Pippen. Peppin..
    Ok and I'm sulking because it wasn't Skittles..
    Thanks for adding more diversity to the cast KC!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Stole a listen through. I forgot my good headphones again. These got chomped on by my puppy so they keep shorting out and crackling. But, first thoughts

Kalani:

If kalani was a maller, and not from the second tower, he did a pretty good job getting the story down. It seems to mesh very well from what we heard from Samantha and Hope. If CJ's name did come up in discussion, so did a lot of her backstory. Why would Kalani feel compelled to bring that up with the risk that he forgets. As Latch says, keep it simple.

Flesh out possibilities first.
    1) He was a maller and met Samatha at the arena and is a good story teller
    2) He was a maller, defected or infiltrated The Other Tower
    3) He was what he said and never was a maller

First, Hope... Remember, Hope comes from the Colony on day 1 and Day 2 Kalani is out with Datu on helicopter duty. Much of that 24 hour period is probably Kalani helping Pegs with helicopter stuff. As she is blind, she will not recognize Kalani. If Kalani was at The Other Tower it wasn't very long. He might not have gotten to know everyone. Hope herself said they tried to keep her out of the way. Last, the blonde he may have seen at The Other Tower was not blind as Hope is know.

But, there is someone who did recognize Kalani. Skittles recognized Kalani. Angel was a bone head (Sorry Wraith) and did not put it together. Angel thinks Skittles is talking about meeting him, Riley and Datu. But, I would guess that Skittles recognizes Kalani from before. My guess is Skittles would have only known Kalani from The Other Tower. Assuming his psyche was as fractured as it is now, I do not think they would risk taking Skittles on a covert mission. Maybe Skittles only had the psychotic break after The Other Tower was hit.

Putting some other obscure info together...

Kalani said he flew from Hawii but had trouble landing because of debris on the runway. Burt writes in his journal that there was a hawiian airliner crashed at the airport.
    Kalani said he got out of The Other Tower when it was hit. But, being fat, he did not run far and was caught that night. Samantha says she was on the run a couple of days before being captured and brought to the arena and when she got there he was already there.

So, why the Kalani File? Kalani was late to the party so maybe she kept an eye/file on him. When Victor brings up names, she says they are all dead. It sounded pretty harsh and defensive. I guess these were the people from the other tower and she is bitter about letting them down. I do not think she would act the same for dead mallers.

Last, Kalani could be the rat, but not the thief. After the theft, security would be higher. Would they let the new dude use the radio? Alone?

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    First: Gaaaaaaaaaaaa<@#$%&@* cliffhanger@#$%&@*>aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Second: I just sat there ticking off my wish list--
    • She's female
    • She's smart
    • She has an industrial sized can of Whoop-Ass
    • Her hideout's wonderfully planned and fortified
    • Has locales/safe-houses all around the area
    • Lots of how-to-books

Now all I want is someone to do the mass zombie killings (successfully) to clear the area out and I'll die a contented zombie

The actress is excellent--Her acting is top notch and I really felt the physicality of her fight with Saul
    Last edited by Eviebae; Feb 13th, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
    SKITTLES?

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast