User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I recommend editing the wiki so that it contains nothing but links to the video "Two Girls, One Cup". Or 'Man Drains Huge Cyst', I'm not picky. Anything to get them to delete it all

Oh, and I have a question to ask of you KC. I've been writing a few Radio Dramas using the Celtx software but it just doesn't seem 'right', for lack of a better word. Have you ever released a copy of one of the scripts for 'We're Alive' to the interwebs? I'd love to be able to see how things are formatted these days and learn from someone who's actually successful at it

Cheerio!

Neil
    They banned me from my own Wiki because I was removing too much content. So now there are no admins there that I know of.

Yes, I have released one. COPYRIGHT 2011 or 2010. I forget when I did that, but I DID file it! http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...ULL-OF-AWESOME
    There's a copy of Chapter one on there. I tend to keep the sound descriptions to a minimum because the script is good for recording and knowing where the transitions are. It's better to hear what is there and make the judgements of editing. That's just my opinion.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Oh! Wikia has a twitter account too! If they don't take care of this in the right way, I have a feeling this might become a PR nightmare for them.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

UPDATE: We have not heard back from WIKIA, but we were able to get in with another admin account and reactivate mine. Go figure! I was then able to go through there and update a few things and remove all the copy-written material. ONE BY ONE. So now, it's a shell of nothingness that if they had any common sense would delete. We disabled comments, ANYTHING that might resemble something worth being there for.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Oh! Wikia has a twitter account too! If they don't take care of this in the right way, I have a feeling this might become a PR nightmare for them.
    ALWAYS look for a Twitter account. Twitter has become the easiest and best way to get in contact with a company for whatever reason. I know you got it all taken care of but that's definitely something to keep in mind. Never be afraid of going straight to their Twitter account :P
    Find me on these places: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and YouTube. Check out my podcasts: Around the Campfire and The Broforce Podcast.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    I clicked on the wikia link and after reading the main article, I scroll to the bottom and I see some wikia link on Lost Girl. Great, now I'm interested in a Canadian TV series that we can't get in the States.

But fight on, KC. I hope they listen to reason.
    Last edited by Hellbringer; Feb 8th, 2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: I sounded sarcastic when I really wasn't.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    UPDATE: We have not heard back from WIKIA, but we were able to get in with another admin account and reactivate mine. Go figure! I was then able to go through there and update a few things and remove all the copy-written material. ONE BY ONE. So now, it's a shell of nothingness that if they had any common sense would delete. We disabled comments, ANYTHING that might resemble something worth being there for.
    That would explain why the one of the pages was loading funny if you were deleting the pics.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    I clicked on the wikia link and after reading the main article, I scroll to the bottom and I see some wikia link on Lost Girl. Great, now I'm interested in a Canadian TV series that we can't get in the States.

But fight on, KC. I hope they listen to reason.
    Actually Lost Girl is shown on Syfy in the states...anyways good luck Kc, hope it gets worked out.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phayz View Post
    Actually Lost Girl is shown on Syfy in the states.
    whoa, I'm going to DVR it! thanks for the heads up.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quick update. I received this today:

Sannse Carter Cushway, Feb 09 06:50 pm (UTC):
    Hi,

Thank you for your mail. As this is not a valid or complete DMCA takedown request, we are unable to act on it at this time.

Regards,

-- sannse

Sannse Carter Cushway
    Wikia Community Support
    What a bunch of A-Holes! How is that not a valid DMCA takedown request?

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quick update. I received this today:

What a bunch of A-Holes! How is that not a valid DMCA takedown request?
    Is it because they are outside the U.S.? Or maybe they consider a lawsuit valid? I dunno, the brevity of that letter pisses me off.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast