User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    Dude, according to Google maps, 8th and Grand isn't that far from where the Tower was. This hidden orchard was right under the crew's nose!

Okay, so if it isn't a Maller in the hoodie, then why did the scribble on the candy wrapper come off a Maller's corpse? Or was he just some scavenger that showed up afterwards, turned, then was killed by his comrades?
    We don't know that the corpse they found the candy wrapper on was a Maller's corpse. It was a zombie that looked "fresh" so they assumed he turned during the battle. He could have been from another group and just been recently turned and still had the wrapper on him.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I can't seem to turn my theorizing brain off today...so lets question this

How could lord of the flies relate to the w/a story?

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    I would guess that the note on the candy wrapper could have been something that they Mallers were going to check out or had already checked out. If this is another group of survivors and the Mallers got wind of it they would have sent someone for a look. If it was an actual Maller hide-out I am not sure that there would have needed to be a note as it would be general talked about knowledge, and it probably would have been written on better paper if he did need a note. Whereas if Maller had followed hoodie guy to an address and then wrote it down to report back, it seems reasonable that the note might still be in his pocket on a lollie wrapper which, might have been all he had in terms of paper at the time
    I am also wondering if Vic and Saul left the truck near the address after setting off the alarm. All it would take is for the hoodie guy to see the 'new' truck in the area to know that they hadn't left and put him on his guard. Then he would have had time to scope out the area and to see that they were still inside and lure them out.

Otherwise I really love the balance of slightly more happening to one of our groups at a time while we are juggling the two story lines. Last couple of episodes have been minor ones for Vic and Saul but big for Michael and the gang so it is nice to have a swap.

Last point, did anyone else have visions of Forrest Gump when Michael said "And that's all I remember about that"
    Last edited by cupcakezombie; Feb 6th, 2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    I can't seem to turn my theorizing brain off today...so lets question this

How could lord of the flies relate to the w/a story?
    They could mistake a human for a biter and spear the shit out of him. Or drop a boulder on a fat kid's head.

The theory of the secret garden where the candy wrapper passes from one person to the next doesn't work too well. At least two people had to know of the garden's existence; the guy carrying the scribble, and the person who responded to the alarm.

I'm going to go with the idea that the corpse belonged to some one from another group, a group that has been able to get around using stealth. A group that employs Skittles survival tactics. Run, hide, vanish. Be the wind! I like the stealth of this black-hoodie sporting person. Hopefully it turns out to be a girl, and her nick name will be Snake Eyes or something cool like that. NINJA!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Whoa...what if dude in the hoodie IS skittles?...

And I think the point of the secret garden analogy was missed...dude in hoodie owns/lives at/around garden...mallers go there to steal goodies...but don't wanna share with the rest of the group...alls I was trying to say...

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Whoa...what if dude in the hoodie IS skittles?...

And I think the point of the secret garden analogy was missed...dude in hoodie owns/lives at/around garden...mallers go there to steal goodies...but don't wanna share with the rest of the group...alls I was trying to say...
    My bad. I did misunderstand your idea. I was thinking that one dude from the Mallers group knew of of it and kept it to himself, but I see what you are saying now. If the Mallers often went there to steal it would make sense why the person in the hoodie would set up an alarm.

I'm wondering why it took him hours to get there. Does this person in the hoodie only travel on foot? Oooh, how bad ass would it be if he was some lone teen or something, who is a student of parkour or some crazy shit. lol, I'm already getting images of an action sequence where flesh biters (the jumping kind) are chasing hoodie around roof tops and alley's.

Anyway, I'm done speculating. I can do no more but wonder. All I end up with is that this hoodie guy is like 60% likely not to be a Maller, Victor is going to come to the aide of Saul, Michael isn't going to get laid until he wakes the fuck up and showers, Mr. Whiskers is shedding tears of the lonesome.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    I'm going to go with the idea that the corpse belonged to some one from another group, a group that has been able to get around using stealth. A group that employs Skittles survival tactics. Run, hide, vanish. Be the wind! I like the stealth of this black-hoodie sporting person. Hopefully it turns out to be a girl, and her nick name will be Snake Eyes or something cool like that. NINJA!
    The 'Hoodie' is... another survivor from the 2nd Tower!!! Hey, does anyone remember what the name of the woman who was in charge of that group? The one who was supposedly a master planner or tactician? I remember hearing it somewhere, and was wondering when / if she would make an entrance into the story. Maybe now?

More evidence that it wasn't the Mallers was the location--yep, I also went to Google maps, and saw how close 8th + Grand is to the original Tower. Seems very un-Maller like, especially since they were all going south. Besides, when these trees were planted, the Mallers would have been having a field day pillaging the city. Not like them to think ahead to this degree.

So how did Hoodie sneak up unnoticed?

SUBWAY THEORY
    The hidden group has gone underground--literally--and is making use of underground subway tunnels to travel unnoticed.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by litmaster View Post
    The 'Hoodie' is... another survivor from the 2nd Tower!!! Hey, does anyone remember what the name of the woman who was in charge of that group? The one who was supposedly a master planner or tactician? I remember hearing it somewhere, and was wondering when / if she would make an entrance into the story. Maybe now?

More evidence that it wasn't the Mallers was the location--yep, I also went to Google maps, and saw how close 8th + Grand is to the original Tower. Seems very un-Maller like, especially since they were all going south. Besides, when these trees were planted, the Mallers would have been having a field day pillaging the city. Not like them to think ahead to this degree.

SUBWAY THEORY
    The hidden group has gone underground--literally--and is making use of underground subway tunnels to travel unnoticed.
    A underground group was one the first things I thought of as the scene was being described. (actually, first thing I thought was a poor man's hotel 23) and while not something I would describe as a subway per se...i could def see a series of sewer lines linking back to a main stronghold somewhere underground. If it's something as elaborate as what the colony had..it could feesibly take hours to travel a half dozen blocks to the garden

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by litmaster View Post

SUBWAY THEORY
    Her name was CJ.
    There are subway's in L.A.? Damn, I feel ignorant. Had I known this, I would have theorized an underground group long ago! So is it possible that if they are using sewers that perhaps they were part of the group that kept the water pumping station up and going?
    Shit! There are too many possibilities.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I...being a naive Midwesterner, was under the impression that the majority of the areas near the coast of California are similar to Florida..not many basements...subways ..etc...sewers are kind of a necessity though

Clarification from the Cali people?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast