User Tag List

Thread: Maller Mutiny

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Lizzy Maller Mutiny

The Details may be wrong, but it is the net result that is important

I can hear it now.

Durai: Where is everyone, are there more coming?
    Scratch: Ah…
    Bricks: We got ambushed by the smart ones and lost a lot of people. Then, the ol’ man showed up and shot the shit out of us while we are at the tower.
    Tardust: Scratch said it was all your idea.
    Lizzy: Told ya, Durai doesn’t know.

So, how is Scratch going to get out of this one? Unless she kills everyone that survived the Tower Assault and is the sole survivor, Durai is going to know that Scratch is running Rogue. Does she kill everyone? Does she form a splinter group? Kill Durai?

And where does Lizzy go?

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Splinter group. As I recall, Scratch's whole second attack on the Tower was unauthorized by Durai, who appeared to change tactics after previously failing to take over the Tower the first time around. He's going to find out what Scratch did, and will most likely be pissed. I can't see how they can be all buddy-buddy after that.

My thought is that Durai set his sights on moving into the Colony as a Plan B after his attack on the Tower failed. But think about it: he just got his ass kicked trying to lay siege to the Tower... would be really try the same thing all over again with another siege on the Colony?? Not likely, which makes me think that perhaps he has a few spies within the Colony that will help his boys to move in a whole lot easier.

What about this idea: that the uprising we witnessed at the Colony was secretly orchestrated by Durai? Who is perhaps in cahoots with Gatekeeper or something?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I think Scratch will get away with this transgression. This will, however, set the stage for something later on where Mallers are forced to choose between Durai and Scratch. I won't say similar to the Colony revolution because that was a coup. This is more likely to be an open conflict eventually....

.....but I don't think just yet. Durai will be wary of Scratch, but he'll probably be happy with the Tower's destruction.
    Likes Grognaurd liked this post
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    .....but I don't think just yet. Durai will be wary of Scratch, but he'll probably be happy with the Tower's destruction.
    Maybe, Nik, but I don't think the Tower people were Durai's biggest problem. Other than the little spy mission from Saul, nobody from the Tower even went to the Mall before they moved out, so I don't think the stealing of one truck from their 'territory' would have been enough for Durai to commit to a full-scale siege in order to eradicate the Infidel Tower people...

No, I'm thinking that Ol' Pinstripes has been Durai's major pain in the ass (he was a prisoner being transferred during the time of the outbreak, if you remember). Ink had already successfully topped Kalani / Hope's Tower. And tried to topple our hero's tower. Don't you think Ink also took a stab at taking over the Mallers pad? It seems to me that Durai's first assault on the Tower was predicated by some zombie attack led by Ink... something that really shook them into thinking they had better find a more defensible position or they'll be toast. Then the failed attempt on the Tower, leaving them weaker in manpower and still at the mercy of the Eater army. What to do? The best defense is a good offense, they say, which is why Durai probably orchestrated the successful attack on the Zombie lair. He didn't succeed in wiping them out, though, so he figured he better cut and run before a pissed-off Ink mounts a counter-attack...

Still, it seems like Durai's days are numbered. Morale can't be good over in Maller nation, where they have lost a bunch of people on failed campaigns and don't have much to show for it. Guys are probably grumbling, and Durai probably has his hands full just keeping everyone in line. I don't think Durai will survive the tale, and will meet his end at the hands of one of the other Mallers (most likely Scratch).

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by litmaster View Post
    The best defense is a good offense, they say, which is why Durai probably orchestrated the successful attack on the Zombie lair. He didn't succeed in wiping them out, though, so he figured he better cut and run before a pissed-off Ink mounts a counter-attack...

Still, it seems like Durai's days are numbered. Morale can't be good over in Maller nation, where they have lost a bunch of people on failed campaigns and don't have much to show for it. Guys are probably grumbling, and Durai probably has his hands full just keeping everyone in line. I don't think Durai will survive the tale, and will meet his end at the hands of one of the other Mallers (most likely Scratch).
    I do remember that Bill Roberts was being transported to a mental health facility. But we don't know where he was being kept before hand. Not all people on trial are kept in prison. Some are kept in hospitals, some are released on bail (though I really doubt that was the case in Robert's case). So that doesn't mean he has any extra knowledge of Ink than anyone else in our tale.

I don't necessarily think an attack was necessary to make Durai want to find a better place. After all, they chose a materialistic location to allow them the freedom to steal and loot to their hearts content without fear of reprisals from the law. Also something to keep in mind: The Mallers are and always have been short on ammo. Despite raiding Locked and Loaded, Scratch had no ammo in her gun when they first encountered the Tower.

And he cut and run well before the attack on the Arena. That was the plan. Attack them and take them out so they don't follow.

Despite all my disagreements: I agree that Durai will probably not survive and he will most likely die by actions caused by or influenced by Scratch.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Bill Roberts was being transported from Court to a Mental Facility. Another tidbit is that is family was shocked... But, I can not remember what else. I will have to relisten.

1) Shocked by Conviction of Criminal Insanity?
    2) Shocked by Agreement by a Criminal Insanity plea.
    3) A rehash of their shock at the crimes.

Family has been mentioned. So, if he was out on bail, my guess is his family has Beaucoup de Bucks. Rank Speculation interweaving characters... Michael introduces Angel as the spoiled rich kid. Later we hear of Angel's "hot wire ability". If Bill Roberts is nuts, it is probably not the first time he has been caught. If Angel got caught car jacking prior to 18 he would also have done some time for "troubled youths". Maybe he meets Scratch and or Latch or BR at this time.

This crime recorrd would probably be wiped clean when he turned 18. Even more so if his family was rich. I do not think it would prevent him from joining the army.

"Lurker"

Status
    I think it would be really cool if Tardust and the other guy that guard lizzy decided to help her escape.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I think Scratch will get away with this transgression. This will, however, set the stage for something later on where Mallers are forced to choose between Durai and Scratch. I won't say similar to the Colony revolution because that was a coup. This is more likely to be an open conflict eventually....

Nice call, it still blows my mind that Scratch got away with it for so long. I know you were always a big proponent of Durai being a great organizer like CJ, but this reeks of poor planning. I am going to think there is a highe level planner with the Family. Durai was executing plans already in place, but once he got cut off from the chain of command he really was an empty uniform.