User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Military posts are great at keeping people out (or keeping people in if need be), but there is no guarantee that each post fared as well as we all seem to think Irwin did. A huge factor is if the subordinate commands at those posts supported the higher commands in keeping soldiers there to work. If I knew that something crazy was happening, I would take my family and go farther away from post. I love being a soldier and I take pride in doing the right thing, but in the world of WA, I'm watching out for number 1. I've been trained by the government to kill and survive. I've got guns, ammo, and food. Why get stuck being a soldier and possibly dying or having my family die when I could just take off and survive on my own? Surely the punishment for going AWOL during a zombie outbreak is less severe than death. Also, Fort Irwin in about an hour from another town. Your best choice if you're on post is to stay on post. Almost every other post I've been to is much closer to a city and is kind of a poor choice when trying to hunker down. Zombies don't drive cars, and you can walk on almost any post undetected.
    One Shot, One Kill. No Remorse. I Decide.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status

PSN ID: random_highjinx
    I think you make a pretty good point. But this isn't right after an outbreak. This is a while after. I would think that when things die down a base would be a good place to go. There could possibly be weapons and packaged food behind or, if one was really lucky, people could be there that are willing to help you.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistible urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex.
    Random_Highjinx: Official Unofficial Adopter of Zombie Scissor Kitty
    All Hail Zombie Scissor Kitty!!!!

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by random_highjinx View Post
    I think you make a pretty good point. But this isn't right after an outbreak. This is a while after. I would think that when things die down a base would be a good place to go. There could possibly be weapons and packaged food behind or, if one was really lucky, people could be there that are willing to help you.
    i don't know, i would avoid ft hood like the plague. true, they've got weapons and ammo, but they are surrounded on almost all sides by kileen, and there is no real way to ensure that people who don't belong stay out. that's about par for the course in the US too. overseas there is considerably more security, but stateside, the best base is proly irwin, as far as security goes.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Irwin and maybe one of the posts up in Alaska. Other than that, there is a city that is pretty much supported by the military which means people will come flooding towards the gate when something crazy starts happening. I know while I was deployed, any time something blew up or shooting started, the civilians came running to us for protection. Screw that. I'm not getting infected because you can't defend yourself. I'll take my happy little soldier ass away from the crowds and hide somewhere safe. Plus, I know how the military works. The chain of command is always slightly behind on things that all of us ground pounders already know. It could be days before anyone that makes real decisions relizes the severity of the situation. By then, you're over run and looking for a nice warm brain to munch on.
    One Shot, One Kill. No Remorse. I Decide.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123