User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    The tyre tracks in the settled dusk seems the confirm the thought that the Mallers section from the end of chapter 24 was in fact later then the start of chapter 25.

While it is silly that Kelly and Pegs were giggling when they met the other survivors at Fort Irwin, remember that the last 1 or 2 days (plus the preeceeding weeks) for them has been really intense. They have been pinning their hopes on there being people when they got to the fort, and there are. Also, I am assuming that their first thought is really that they don't have to think for a while and that might be 'safe' here at the army base. I am not sure how I would react in a situation the same, but aside from Kelly's entry to the tower, both are quite friendly and based on what they have seen from our army boys might be expecting something similar with these guys.

Or shock has finally turned them crazy.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

First off, loved the ad, will check out that Rex the zombie killer. Gorilla with a baseball bat! Heck Yes!

Kelly's line about getting laid makes me think that our dear lovable Britt is writing part of the script, that and the line in 25-2 where she makes the sexual orientation joke about Riley. Or Britt is psychic/has a really good read on Kelly. Not ruling that out.

I take hope from the fact that the military guys were BSing around. If they are not rushing, it means the base is relatively safe and secure. If they are having to go through the chain of command, it means there is still an orderly chain of command and probably at least a fair number of troops. My initial impression is that these guys are legit. Puck is an ass, but he is being reasonably cautious. These people just landed here out of no where, he is trained not to trust them. I wouldn't have straight up believed Micheal's story either and if the Mallers still have fake IDs (what I think ID guy corpse hinted at), then Micheal could get one. It is in Fort Irwin's best interest to be wary.

There was a lot of hope for me in this episode. As soon as Saul and Victor found the zip line was unusually placed, I believed this was evidence for Burt surviving and being relatively okay. I was waiting for them to find a corpse and notice a .50 caliber action express bullet hole in it. Hoping for Saul to kind of grin and remark, "Burt and his damn hand cannon"
    As for Mr Whiskers, I thought that traitor was dead. But no not only has the cat been living outside the tower and still alive but is THRIVING! Saul mentioned that "zombie kitty" was fatter, living off the rats that could hide from zombies easily.

While I suspect that Mr Whiskers is the rat (I believe cats can use guns), I know that he is a foreshadowing of bad things. First appearance he causes a whole lot of tension and nearly gets Pegs shot. Right after his second appearance, on guard duty with Pegs, Kelly falls asleep on guard duty and the Mallers show up. Third appearance is during the war, where Pegs running after him nearly gets her and Micheal killed. Am I saying that Mr Whiskers tried to get Pegs killed? Am I saying that he may have drugged Kelly to allow Scratch and Latch time to scope out the lobby? Am I saying that he knew where the pipe bomb would be and tried to lure Pegs and thus Michael into its radius? Am I saying he may have had something to do with Burt's possible capture? Am I saying that he is planning more and has it in for Victor and Saul?

That is exactly what I am saying

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    While I'm sure I'm making something of nothing. We have now had two characters named puck....that is all

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

It's really early to jump in on this theory/prediction but that's sorta my thing....

I was just talking it over with Beez and I'm forumlating the following theory: Mallers/Colony team up vs. Ft. Irwin/Tower alliance. There will have to be some semblence of a conflict between Irwin and Tower involving returning to LA (after Saul and Victor get a message to them somehow) but Michael, crew and some Irwin-ites will go back to LA-LA land to get Saul, Victor, Lizzy, Angel and Burt back.

Some aspects of these theories have been around for a while, but now that we know for a fact that there is a military presence at Irwin......Theory On!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    excellent theory...and sounds pretty solid, minus one thing...
    After the fall, Michael pulled the rope up...with no Burt attached. So while he could have landed on a balcony/through a window...he did not have any "dangle-time". Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.
    Yeah, you're right, 7oddisdead. I went back and listened to the end of 24 and Michael did narrate that, though it was smoky he saw the taught line go loose, heard Burt fall, then pulled up the 10 yards of zip line still attached to his side before getting to the frayed end. He apparently couldn't see Burt falling because of the smoke. But a few things about this scenario don't make sense to me:

1. Saul later found the end of the line that Michael had pulled up hanging straight down from the building and onto the ground, which would have to mean that the building the chopper took off from is no higher than 10 yards from the ground (given the 10 yards of line was tangled on the ground at the foot of the building and not still hanging loose). So there goes my 'Dangling Burt' theory, unless...

2. THE DANGLING BURT THEORY, pt. 2: Unless Burt did the hand brake Tarzan swing maneuver on the OTHER end of the snapped line, which would mean it snapped between him and the building he was swinging TO, and he swung and hit the tower itself. But there are a couple of problems with this theory, also:

---If Burt didn't die, why didn't he call out after he fell?
    ---If he was unconscious and hanging from the tower, or too hurt to call out how could he survive the tower collapse?
    ---And if he got to the ground before the collapse and scuttled away, how did he manage to avoid getting munched by Eaters?

3. If Michael pulled up the 10 yards on line on his end, then that left how much hanging on the Tower side? It's relevant, given that would be Angel's only ticket to reach the ground, and he would need to have enough line to reach the bottom before the tower went down. Or is it possible that Angel rappelled down, found an unconscious Burt lying nearby at the bottom, then helped drag him far enough from the tower before getting nabbed by Mallers and the tower collapsing?

Hmmmm... the more I think about all this, the more I'm thinking it likely that they're both dead.

Hell, maybe Burt just fell on Mr. Whiskers...

p.s. Oh, but let's not forget that Shane is still available as a 'voice talent'... just in case anyone is needed to play Datu's evil twin or something.... right, Kc?
    Last edited by Litmaster; Jan 30th, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    At 4:13 in the new episode, we hear Cpl. Puck say, "Hey you, shut it down! Kill it! You're wastin' fuel."

This seemed an odd thing to say--why would Puck care whether or not the Tower chopper has fuel, unless...

IRWIN FUEL THEORY:
    Let me be the first one to float this theory, that the reason why the other choppers we saw were still 'strapped down' and not being used is not because of a lack of available pilots, but because Ft. Irwin lacks enough fuel to fly the birds. Hmmm, now where could they find some available fuel.... enough, let's say, to fuel a fleet of assault choppers to launch an upcoming aerial attack on the Maller / Colony ??? HA! That would provide rationale for our friends to make a return trip to LA, and a possible reunion with Saul and the Gang.

"Scavenger"

Status
    burts for sure alive i dnt think kc would have said that if it werent true. but lest we for get that angel was on top of the building. he would have fallen nine stories to the bottom. although im sure angel is alive, its very unlikely that he wouldve in the real world.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Just to add to all the Burt possibles....here's one

Burt hit building(not tower) lands on balcony...knocked out. Later runs up to roof...choppers gone
    Uses rope to repel down building...gets captured when mallers return

On angels end, perhaps he did have the same idea and was repelling off the tower as it collapsed..ill admit this one is way out there...but when the tower fell. He somehow survived by not actually being "on" the tower..though it did kinda fall "on" him...

Well that's enough makings things up for one day...

"Scavenger"

Status
    not trying to beat a dead horse on the angel thing but wasnt he just standing on the roof after he grabbed the journals and gave them to hope?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StickUpKid View Post
    burts for sure alive i dnt think kc would have said that if it werent true. but lest we for get that angel was on top of the building. he would have fallen nine stories to the bottom. although im sure angel is alive, its very unlikely that he wouldve in the real world.
    there were survivors of the Twin Towers who survived the collapse from the 22nd story. So it's possible in real life.
    Angel only fell a fraction of that height at 14-15 stories.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast