User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Zombie Survival Game

I just listened to KC on Fearless Ghosthunters pod, and he had mentioned something that I have been wanting since i was a young pup in the 90's. A GTA style zombie survival game. I have always though, why have they not made one. A 3rd person game, sandbox style, where you can do whatever you want or do missions. Never forced to do anything just like GTA. I play GTA IV just to run around and do mindless things. never figured out why Rockstar never made a Zombie DLC. Then I realized, We're Alive is the perfect story for this. I would love to play as any character just going out and killing monsters or saving survivors. What do we all think? I want it, bad!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SOOOOO TRUE!
    I wanted a REALISTIC (yes, underlined, bold, italic) zombie survival game. Something RPG type a combination of Fallout, Gothic, GTA, Elder scrolls, mafia, killing floor, zombie panic! source and on and on... I do not want another "pick up object and press LMB repeatedly to kill zombies" (dead island, dead rising, maybe l4d and so on). Now I need to calm down and when i do I'll continue

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsas View Post
    SOOOOO TRUE!
    I wanted a REALISTIC (yes, underlined, bold, italic) zombie survival game. Something RPG type a combination of Fallout, Gothic, GTA, Elder scrolls, mafia, killing floor, zombie panic! source and on and on... I do not want another "pick up object and press LMB repeatedly to kill zombies" (dead island, dead rising, maybe l4d and so on). Now I need to calm down and when i do I'll continue

Yea, I do not want something repetitive. But I would have fun just trying to survive without doing missions. Until I needed more weapons, then i would have to do missions of course.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    I like Dead Rising and all. But I hate the way weapons are used in it, and I hate the stupid got to take pictures part to. SO I guess that means I do not like Dead Rising.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Also, It has got to be 3rd Person view. I hate 1st because i feel like I do not get a feel for the surroundings for some reason. Plus FPS pose a hazard fo rmy eyes for some reason. I guess that you could choose what view you take.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    fallout 3 approach would be great you get first person and third person, also switching the side would be a big plus (like left/center/right) having companions or a whole squad would be awesome too, as well as having a tactical overhead view (maybe something like Commander in battlefield 2), the stealth aspect should be added too (sneaking like in deus ex, hitman or Thief series or even something as simple as sneaking in Gothic) having freedom to build custom barricades and traps (something like in Garry's Mod) would be highly appreciated by a lot of creative people (for instance to make tough a wall you need wood, bricks, cement, armature and water)
    Well i just hope somebody will begin making such a game
    And don't look at me, I know next to nothing about making games

"Guard Duty"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Anyone ever play Brainbread back in the day? People made that for steam as a fan project like this Just sayin'

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Rockstar games needs to contact us. Can you imagine finding different safehouses you could secure with survivors there? Different cars that need repair in the garage, unless you rescued a mechanic, but then again what about the mechanic's level of expertise. Only some can do some. Of course, a Pegs-like character who knows how to grow food. Then again you could have the opposite, and play a "Maller" type survivor, who takes what they need instead.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Rockstar games needs to contact us. Can you imagine finding different safehouses you could secure with survivors there? Different cars that need repair in the garage, unless you rescued a mechanic, but then again what about the mechanic's level of expertise. Only some can do some. Of course, a Pegs-like character who knows how to grow food. Then again you could have the opposite, and play a "Maller" type survivor, who takes what they need instead.
    KC, that is exactly why you are so awesome. That'd be cool. You collect supplies while you are out. And if you got to get to a safehouse, you can only use what is in there and what you have on your person to secure the place. Maybe a mode where you start on your own, and find your own survivors and your own safehouse, unless on your journey you see a we're alive sign on a tower, and you get there and instead of being one of the characters, you play as yourself in the tower.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    I was thinking while listening to Chapter 24 again, this would be a great way to get We're Alive (insert region or city). We're Alive Kansas (where I am) would consist of alot of flatland and small towns. I have always wondered how a small town would fare in this type of situation.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=silver...ansas&t=m&z=14

That is the link, if it works, to the town I am in. Small. One local grocery store, 2 gas stations, a mexican place(awesome!) pizza place, liquor store and that is about it. I would love to see a situation where small towns are inbetween bigger ones.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast