User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    So I had a few thoughts when listening to this one:
    1. (This goes back the part 2 but it was in the recap so I will include it here) after the coyote, michael gets mad about the trash and asks who had the jumbalaya because presumably its theirs. But if you listen earlier it was he who had it. Perhaps a sign he is starting to crack up a bit?
    2. Was kinda pissed the riley was went missing as a cliff hanger only to show up drunk minutes in. But since this is unlike KC to do things like this for no reason and they didn't know where the alcohol came from my guess is she got it from the farm house and there is something else there that will come into play later on down the story. (Maybe riley found it or alerted it to their presence, or maybe a fall back if ft irwin is a no go)
    3. I too want to know what the hell Datu was saying at 10:38.
    4. Gotta say, this episode was not my favorite, great acting and writing still, but nothing happened. Kinda anticlimatic ending to a day waiting for my drive home to listen to it. And now 2 weeks... Guess its a good time to relisten to them all straight through

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray View Post
    Maybe they can go back to LA in a military chopper with mini guns or something?
    Heh heh.... yeah-- Apache helicopter, anyone?

Take THAT, Mallers!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

I loved the Locked and Loaded ad. I have to wonder since this store is mentioned in We're Alive and Burt grunts in the ad, I'm pretty certain this the same as Wayside Flowers. But is there such a store as Lock and Loaded? I don't know American gun stores.

I thought this was another one of those episodes necessary to put the right pieces in place for the overall story. I still enjoyed it, but it was simple, "find Riley, get away from closing in zombies and arrive at Fort Irwin". When Tanya pointed out the military uniforms I said, "that don't mean much" just before Michael said the almost identical, "that doesn't mean much" I feel we are now bonded closer in mind and spirit.

The sort of triumphant, victorious music once they were over the Fort gave me mixed feelings. I was reminded of when we first entered the colony and there was joyful music and birds chirping, and then it turned out not to be such a happy place. I was suspecting Fort Irwin wouldn't be great, but I was hoping that there would be normal people. From a story point of view though, Fort Irwin being overrun would force our characters to go back to LA to discover everyone who is still alive. I like the theories that the Fort isn't 100% zombified, that in some secured buildings there are soldiers holding out.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    It was puke on Kelly. Just to clarify

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    It was puke on Kelly. Just to clarify
    And the fort zombie they shot hitched a ride from the corn field. The troops in Fort Irwin would have had to have been incompetent to have been overrun.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    So it's not just me with Datu's line at 10:38. I don't see why it should be difficult to understand on purpose, it's not in a key moment.
    Nickvoodoo prediction made sense to me but I'm glad Fort Irvin happened soon in the season. Too far in, and you risk the Battlestar Galactica effect. (isn't there a button to mask spoilers?)
    It's a fitting third chapter, not having Vic & Saul in it makes enough room for progression on the helicopter crew storyline.
    I'm not a firearm expert, somebody mentioned it was a gun and not a rifle firing at the end? If this is the case, KC having served in the army and knowing the difference means this is a meaningful detail. A zombie remained attached on the helicopter's back somehow, unheard over the engine noise, and then Datu (the one with the pistol) shot him as it was reaching for Michael and Kelly as they went away from the helicopter?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I loved this episode, gently easing us back into the suspense and the fear of the zombies.
    Riley covered in vomit, nice.

I really hope that Irwin is either overrun with zombies, or that it has a bunch of soldiers-turned-crazy-mercenaries that just want to ruin Michael's day. I don't think either way they are going to be able to stay there.
    But where can they go? They had a good thing going at the tower, security, space, lots nearby to loot from, but you only find places like that in built up areas. And what else do you find in built up areas? Zombles and bat shit crazy Mallers.

If they go find somewhere out of the way in the middle of nowhere, they won't have the security of high walls and concrete buildings, but they will have less zombles to deal with and space to grow food, if they need to.

Fort Irwin just seems too good to be true. There is no way they are going to be able to just clear it out and live happily ever after. For one, it won't make for a very good story, and secondly, look what happened in Dawn of the Dead in the shopping mall, they spend all that time clearing it out, making it safe, only for a bunch of bikers to come ruin it all.

But then, maybe Michael and the chopper gang are just that, the bikers that let the zombles in to Fort Irwin. The remaining soldiers have set up a nice little thing there and here comes Captain Emotionally stunted with a hoard of zombles that have followed his helicopter all the way to their front door....

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

At 10:38 Datu says, "So what about that nap?" because in 25-2 Michael said he would let him nap on the helicopter on the way to Fort Irwin since Datu had stayed up all night

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikepaw View Post

I thought this was another one of those episodes necessary to put the right pieces in place for the overall story. I still enjoyed it, but it was simple, "find Riley, get away from closing in zombies and arrive at Fort Irwin".
    I had the same reaction. I started listening this winter with the luxury of hearing a chapter at a time but now that I am caught up it is hard to get used to such little morsels.

Overall I really wish there where more points of resolve along the season, but the open questions seem to keep accumulating. And now that the survivors are so fractured each group has their own story line I'm afraid it will become more convoluted.

With that said, I think this is an awesome production and will keep listening. Maybe if we all step up our financial contributions to pay the salaries of a full time production staff then we'd have an hour per week...but I guess we should be happy with what we are getting for free.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by kidmuncher View Post
    I had the same reaction. I started listening this winter with the luxury of hearing a chapter at a time but now that I am caught up it is hard to get used to such little morsels.

Overall I really wish there where more points of resolve along the season, but the open questions seem to keep accumulating. And now that the survivors are so fractured each group has their own story line I'm afraid it will become more convoluted.

With that said, I think this is an awesome production and will keep listening. Maybe if we all step up our financial contributions to pay the salaries of a full time production staff then we'd have an hour per week...but I guess we should be happy with what we are getting for free.
    If I got paid to do this full time. YES, you would get more And this can be my public announcement. Open questions will start to become closed. That is all I will say for now...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast