User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I guess I could have looked at the installation's web site (like I just did). LOL. I see the MP unit and Ops.. nothing for helo's that I can tell though.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Yea, there is some good stuff in this thread.

I have been wondering / worrying about Michael the last several episodes. And just about unforgivingly this season.

He cannot say there is no one back there. He can say it is too dangerous if he wants. Or the risk to reward sucks. But, he cannot make a statement of fact based on an opinion. I will cut him some slack, but I would say he is whooped and it is clouding his judgement. He is pretty close to doing things that are good for Michael rather than what Michael can do for everyone else.

But, that is one of the main driving points of the series.

Like crowbar said, commmand and control is going to be all screwed up. No Uniform. No ID. Michael does not have the charisma to go in and have all the fuzzies hopto.

And people from different branches just complicates things.

It also makes me miss Burt.

Angel tells Michael to listen to the Gunny, but Michael still writes Burt off. Later in the same episode Burt gives Michael a silenced pistol and calls him "Buck Sgt" as he walks away. A Gunny out ranks a Buck. In addition, Bucks are with the flyboys not the Army. Michael was still wearing his uniform just a couple of days into the story and clearly not Air Force. The majority of the Bucks are not with the Front Line troops and are more likely to be worried about Logistics than fire and maneuver drills. Just a nice little jab.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I thought this was helpful:
    http://www.irwin.army.mil/CommandGro.../Irwin_Map.pdf

The main helipad is at the corner of Inner Loop Rd. and 5th St. I was able to scope it out on Google maps. Seeing an actual location where the story takes place is pretty awesome!

I just had a thought; what if they weren't shooting at a flesh biter when they landed at Ft. Irwin? What if it was a living soldier who came running up on them or was in a hidden position waiting to shoot them? Maybe Ft. Irwin isn't welcoming any survivors and Michael & crew are surrounded? The final shot we heard (pistol) could have been a warning shot.
    Last edited by Adventureless_Hero; Jan 17th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    I guess I could have looked at the installation's web site (like I just did). LOL. I see the MP unit and Ops.. nothing for helo's that I can tell though.
    Just curious if you had. It's definitely a different kind of base.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Bray,

Mike doesn't have his uniform on anymore, BUT.. Sergeants do have the authority to issue commands/orders. That doesn't mean they'd be followed though. The command structure is probably going to be shredded, so whomever is left, will keep on following who they've been following. FNG's, as a rule are suspect from the start.
    Sorry I didn't explain properly, I meant that if there is a military unit there then chances are there is someone there who outranks a Sgt.

But even if there is one left I'd bet (like others) that the chain of command is all but gone. This even happened in the tower. Angel was ranking after all, and he was basically told to STFU because he was crap (not a bad thing).

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post

Angel tells Michael to listen to the Gunny, but Michael still writes Burt off. Later in the same episode Burt gives Michael a silenced pistol and calls him "Buck Sgt" as he walks away. A Gunny out ranks a Buck. In addition, Bucks are with the flyboys not the Army. Michael was still wearing his uniform just a couple of days into the story and clearly not Air Force. The majority of the Bucks are not with the Front Line troops and are more likely to be worried about Logistics than fire and maneuver drills. Just a nice little jab.
    It's also sometimes used as a reference to E-5 in the army, not always air force.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EVABLACKX View Post
    How many when hearing the Lock and Loaded sponsor play thought we would hear something about Burt, I did. Damn you Kc

2. Kalani mentioned that they could make a round trip on one tank of gas, "rough guess"(Ch21). Not to say they could go back to LA but more like they have fuel to use. About 100 miles worth given the distance already travel(more or less). Should have fun looking at google maps and seeing possible places to go. Vegas anyone. . But being serious I don't think they'll leave right away or at all.
    3. Not sure if sunset to sunrise is fast or slow
    4. Agreed
    5. Blood seems possible since Kelly seemed hesitant to carry her. I was also thinking it could be vomit.
    6. Yea what the hell did Datu say?!

Great Episode
    I am to lazy to go through every post, so if this has been answered I apologize. I beleive Datu said, "How about that nap?"

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Once again i loved the episode. Quickest 16 minutes of my life. When I heard the ad I thought, 'Well this is going to be how they get Burt in Chapter 25'. Made me chuckle. The only real mystery to this episode besides the ending is what is Riley covered in. Maybe Datu accidentally shot her. Things happened so fast that they may not have had time to fully check Riley. And the uplifting music when they first saw Ft. Irwin made me think that maybe they would be ok, and these last 2 seasons may be them going back to get the others. I hate to say it, but it is kind of nice to not have the tower anymore. There truly is no idea what is going to happen or what they can do now.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IamPaul View Post
    Once again i loved the episode. Quickest 16 minutes of my life. When I heard the ad I thought, 'Well this is going to be how they get Burt in Chapter 25'. Made me chuckle. The only real mystery to this episode besides the ending is what is Riley covered in. Maybe Datu accidentally shot her. Things happened so fast that they may not have had time to fully check Riley. And the uplifting music when they first saw Ft. Irwin made me think that maybe they would be ok, and these last 2 seasons may be them going back to get the others. I hate to say it, but it is kind of nice to not have the tower anymore. There truly is no idea what is going to happen or what they can do now.
    It's just puke mate, KC already confirmed that. Too much alcohol. But if he hadn't said that then your shout would have been quite a good one.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray View Post
    It's just puke mate, KC already confirmed that. Too much alcohol. But if he hadn't said that then your shout would have been quite a good one.

Yea I am not good at reading through every post. Is it weird that Kelly was afraid to touch puke, or am I weird to think that puke isn't gross when you gotta pick up a good friend to save them from potential death or worse.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast