User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Just curious, and a way to further this discussion, what qualities make either one an alpha?
    I think that the ability to be self-assurred about their own decisions and thought processes, and a confidence that their own plan is correct (both good and bad decisions). Both Michael and Burt both were able to and wanted to take charge and make the choices for the tower. It is something you saw also in Angel when he was in a really tight situations.

Also, right before Riley left she was writing in her journal. I wonder if she left it behind?
    Last edited by cupcakezombie; Jan 9th, 2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Question mark
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Just curious, and a way to further this discussion, what qualities make either one an alpha?
    To me, I agree with the majority of cupcakes points. The main thing I have to question is would an alpha male even let himself get into a position where his authority was openly questioned? I'm doubtful of that.... In my mind a good example of the "alpha" personality would be Marcus..and we see how things worked out for a person like that in a situation like this...be glad michael/burt are not true "alphas". Close? Maybe...

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    To me, I agree with the majority of cupcakes points. The main thing I have to question is would an alpha male even let himself get into a position where his authority was openly questioned? I'm doubtful of that.... In my mind a good example of the "alpha" personality would be Marcus..and we see how things worked out for a person like that in a situation like this...be glad michael/burt are not true "alphas". Close? Maybe...
    I think Alphas can be questioned, it is more that they put themselves to be in the position of power rather then how hard they hold onto it. Marcus was an alpha who ruled by force, but Burt and Michael were alphas that trie to rule more fairly.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    I gotta grumble a bit here. When the groups get further fractured it slows things down for me. Let's see, I like cohesion

Michael et al with the chopper
    Riley
    Saul / Vic
    Lizzy
    critically injured dude found by Bricks...
    ...who was put with the old man (men)?
    Skittles
    Randy (almost certainly not human)
    And my "If there aint no body than nobody is dead" So...
    Minor characters
    Red Shirts

Some below are much more periferral than Red Shirts, but I feel some or all will be back
    Maller Group North
    Maller Group South
    Slaves + Mallers taken to the Hospital after the ambush but before Burt et al get there for the chopper.
    Maller group South
    Colony Peeps
    Second Tower dudes other than hope

I do not know what type of Coyotes you have out west. Maybe they have lost their fear of people. But out here it is next to impossible to get the drop on them. Even at 200 yards down wind they will see me and alter their path. The only time I do get the drop on them is from inside the house while looking out the window. Even then, they will not cross the mowed lawn. They stay to the field even in the Spring when there is no cover. It is like one tells the other, Dude, don't walk on the old man's grass he's nuts!
    The coyotes here will come pretty close to people. Like especially on bike trails and stuff. You wont see 'em during the day, but early morning and late at night, it's not an irregular to see one. The big reason is cause people just built their houses all over coyote territory so they're still around. Like you'll see warnings posted about letting animals out at night, cause sometimes coyotes kill em
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    The coyotes here will come pretty close to people. Like especially on bike trails and stuff. You wont see 'em during the day, but early morning and late at night, it's not an irregular to see one. The big reason is cause people just built their houses all over coyote territory so they're still around. Like you'll see warnings posted about letting animals out at night, cause sometimes coyotes kill em
    And was Michael was the one who left the tray out, it was his flavour.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    I think Alphas can be questioned, it is more that they put themselves to be in the position of power rather then how hard they hold onto it. Marcus was an alpha who ruled by force, but Burt and Michael were alphas that trie to rule more fairly.
    Yes. Yes of course...michael/burt just don't strike me as the true "alpha" type in general. If you think back to the very beginning and the way everyone naturally looked to Michael as the one in charge...that would be a great example of the alpha persona...but it's just not very typical for the group rather than another alpha to want to give their leader the boot....hell who knows. I'm starting to confuse myself now.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Yeah, we used to see coyotes at soccer practice all the time. They get bold sometimes, one even came really close to the field we were playing on. And without as many humans around, the animals are bound to notice and start to come out more. We don't know if the zombies eat the animals or not, but if they don't then the animals will become bolder and go where they had learned to avoid because of humans.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    see that's the thing thoug. I don't think either of them are true alphas. Neither of them took a leadership role. When Saul was asked, "what's the plan?" and "where do we go from here" all he had to offer was i dont know, i dont know. Neither of them really took command. I mean I suppose there was no way Victor was really going to be able to get Saul to follow him, but even when Victor offered to follow Saul, Saul kinda turned him down and told him to piss off.

I'd say alphas are those who take leadership and take control of the situation. Like, Burt and Michael, what these guys are doing seem more like the bare minimum to survive.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Yes. Yes of course...michael/burt just don't strike me as the true "alpha" type in general. If you think back to the very beginning and the way everyone naturally looked to Michael as the one in charge...that would be a great example of the alpha persona...but it's just not very typical for the group rather than another alpha to want to give their leader the boot....hell who knows. I'm starting to confuse myself now.
    I'd disagree to that. If the leader has made bad decisions in the group's eyes, then they'd choose another leader regardless of whether or not the original leader was an alpha or not.
    Angel's #1 Fan

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I'd disagree to that. If the leader has made bad decisions in the group's eyes, then they'd choose another leader regardless of whether or not the original leader was an alpha or not.
    see last sentence in my post. Voodoo can keep this whole devils advocate gig...i hate trying to argue against opinions
    I agree with for the sake of argument. I'm just trying to bring some other examples of the alpha type into the discussion.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast