User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    "Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    ahhhhhh, like crack. listened to it on my way into work this morning. too short though, when the episode ended i stopped in the line to get on base, got out of my car, fell to my knees and "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!" they pulled me aside and questioned me for an hour. it was like forty five minutes before they'd let me play the episode, then they understood and sent me on my way. thanks WA.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I loved the music at the beginning and Michaels quote at the beginning. It is an official tradition now. The past 2 weeks I have been listening to season 1 and 2 over and over. Then Chapter 25 part 1 is over and I had trained myself to expect the next episode. I love/hate the week long waits. Just awesome.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I am also interested to see if there are any Creatures out where the copter went down. I would think no, unless they are already at Fort Irwin. But story wise, that would be boring. Got to have the Creatures.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    It will certainly be interesting to find out just where the helicopter will have to make it's emergency landing. Since there is no minimum airspeed to which a helicopter has to maintain to stay in the air, nor do we know what Kalani's planned route was to get to Ft. Irwin, it is impossible to determine how far "30 minutes out" translates to in miles. The only geographical reference is that they were now following the I-15, which tells me that the chopper immediately took an easterly route after departing the Tower. Most likely Kalani would have avoided having to climb over either the San Gabriel or San Bernadino mountain ranges, both of which easily top 10000ft (not a good idea in a helicopter). Kalani would also have kept both helicopters at a low altitude just in case of such an emergency and on a route that terrain that a helicopter could land if necessary.

Most likely their route have taken them north though the El Cajon pass which separates the two mountain ranges and also has the I-15 running through it. The question now remains, is Pegs putting the helicopter down in Fontana (aka "Fon-tucky") on the basin side or are they now on the desert side, closer to Barstow? Unfortunately, neither of these places bode well for our survivors, and both send chills down my spine...with or without zombies and/or mallers lurking about.

Btw, I loved Michael's first comment though when Pegs announced the hydraulic leak..."The thing Datu fixed?" What an a-hole.

Anyway, great job WA artists. It's been a long wait but we're all happy you are back. Get to work on the Bert episode. He's probably killed all the mallers by now and I don't want to miss the carnage.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    As far as Saul not seeing blood when he nailed the Behemoth in the chest with the .50 round, I am thinking that it could be because he hit one of the hardest parts of the creature, the rib cage. Either that or the round was strong enough to go right through it. I've seen some gun shot wounds and it's funny but sometimes they just don't bleed. They do all sorts of internal damage but some wounds just don't ooze blood. I think it was Pikepaw who mentioned a previous chapter where Riley, Angel, and Datu encounted the first ever behemoth in which they were certain they wounded it with 5.56 and 9mm rounds. Unless this is a clue that the creatures are still evolving; getting stronger to the point where they can't be killed by conventional weapons. If you look back at the very first time Michael encounters the flesh biters, they move slowly passed his car and appear to have zero intelligence operating instead on natural instincts to attack moving, noisy objects that might be food.
    As far as creation theories go, I am still backing aliens, or military experimentation using alien science.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Lurker"

Status
    Great Episode! the sound effects were really high quality. Man, hearing that gun fight in the distance was chilling. Yeah, I betting a 30 minute helo ride could equate to a long walk.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

I was wondering about the "recap" at the beginning of the chapter. Was that supposed to be from one of the survivors point of view or was it just like a memory fog type situation? The way it sounded muffled made me think someone inside the chopper was listening, like a semiconscious Riley, or a headphones wearing Peggs. Who was hearing that?
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by dontkillburt View Post
    Most likely their route have taken them north though the El Cajon pass which separates the two mountain ranges and also has the I-15 running through it. The question now remains, is Pegs putting the helicopter down in Fontana (aka "Fon-tucky") on the basin side or are they now on the desert side, closer to Barstow? Unfortunately, neither of these places bode well for our survivors, and both send chills down my spine...with or without zombies and/or mallers lurking about.
    I like how you tracked the route. Awesome job. Though I'm wondering if they are following a route planned by Kalani or if they are just using the GPS? Do the helicopters use a different type of GPS or did they high jack one from a car? Anywho, following the 15 to Fort Irwin I saw there was a this funny little pinpoint in Barstow that just read, "Field". It is off to the right of the 15/40 split; in Kennedy High School's backyard. How cool would it be for them to land in the baseball field of a high school? I'm wondering if the school would have survivors or flesh biters locked inside. Craziness. Well, wondering what will happen to the helicopter crew has me on edge. There are just too many possibilities--Sherlock would need more evidence to reach a conclusion!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    from what i heard, they were just following the highway. no real reason not to, and easier to not get lost.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    from what i heard, they were just following the highway. no real reason not to, and easier to not get lost.
    I relistened and it sounds like a combination of the two; Michael says that the GPS says "to stay heading in that direction for a while" and a moment later he says "down there that big road down there is the 15, follow that." Makes me wonder if the GPS was for a ground based vehicle and plotted a course on the freeways.

I'm really hoping they crash landed in that baseball field behind Kennedy High School in Barstow.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast