User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    England, I won't bore you with the details.
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    It wasn't a faulty repair until his repair failed mid flight. How were we supposed to know the repair was faulty until it failed? It worked well enough to get them about a half hour from (presumably) ft Irwin.
    I was trying to say that it was never implied or considered that Datu's repair could be faulty, or that the possibility of a faulty repair would be the reason for them to land, which I considered odd for a group of fans that over(?)-analyse this show to the Nth degree

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    good observation. also looking at it from the perspective of the towers collapse should give some indication of the timeline as well.

*strokes beard*.....couple other things.

big ones dont bleed? just going from memory here, but have we ever heard of blood on a behemoth before? regardless of where(physically) it was shot...would it not be expected that a bullet of that caliber would make a visable spray?

saul and victor are not buddies....excellent...shades of angel/kalani dynamic in full effect. but i see this lil bro-down playing out differently than previous.... bro-down. entertaining non the less!

no sense in jumping on datu just yet about shoddy repairs. one cant expect a simple maintenance man to competantly repair a complex hydraulic system. the more important thing for us to search out right now is a rough guess-timate of where this field they set/are setting the bird down at is....doesn't sound to overly safe imho..(somewhere outside ft irwin along the 15)

new zombie intern...steven!

more to come..

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    WOO!!!!

Okay, so I was totally happy to hear from Saul and Victor. They were the two I wanted to hear from the most since Chapter 24.

It'll be interesting to hear what happens to Michael's group. I assume they're in the middle of nowhere right now. With Riley still unconscious, Michael (and maybe Kelly) is really the only one who can protect the group should a couple of random zombies find them.
    Find me on these places: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and YouTube. Check out my podcasts: Around the Campfire and The Broforce Podcast.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    One thing I noticed when Saul and Victor were walking around was all of the coughing and with limited visibility from the dust as the building had collapsed, but the Mallers looking around at the end of chapter 24 seemed to have good visibility and no problems breathing. This might give us some indication of the timeline between the two sections.

And YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Interesting. I was wondering about that, but that could explain it. Good thinking cupcake!

And isn't anyone else impressed how far the JANITOR'S repair lasted considering he was only going to school for engineering for a few months/years. If anything it takes a lot longer then a few classes to repair some helicopter hydraulic systems. I would imagine that in the real world, a bullet hole in a hydraulic line would need a full on replacement. But yeah, Datu and Kalani could only do so much to repair it considering the equipment and the timeline they had.

Hmm in hindsight, maybe Kalani should have used the repaired helicopter and crashed that one?
    Last edited by Kn1ckerb0cker33; Jan 2nd, 2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Colours

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

PSN ID: HorrorHiro
    So is it safe to say the 30-40 seconds of nothing but gunfire in the distance are the Mallers exiting stage left or what?

Administrator, 14th Floor of the Tower.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Zombie Icon

So nice to have my life back on track again.

I really enjoyed the episode. There is plenty to re-listen to and discuss. I've noticed the artwork changed! Unless of course we are going to get a piece of artwork for the entire chapter and then a different one for the individual parts. One shows a hummer, one shows a person walking through some rubble, which could be the fallen tower.

I have to give props to cupcakezombie for mentioning the time difference deduced by the ability see, and breathe correctly. It definitely could be giving us an indication of time. Saul and Victor definitely didn't engage any human hostiles in their escape so this could be quite plausible in my eyes.

Poor Datu, why do so many people dislike him? He plays the big heart, somewhat frail character. In my eyes he is a good balance between all the testosterone and bravery we normally see. It does seem as though his repairs didn't last very long, and that wouldn't surprise me. Hydraulics are insanely high pressure systems and to think that he managed to fix the bird with just some stuff he had in his tool box? Pretty amazing they even made it that far.

I was super stoked to hear the Chopper would not be making it all that way to Fort Irwin after all was said and done. Perhaps the others will be able to meet up with them somehow. Gotta give props to KC for throwing out so many new story dynamics. Possible survivors from the tower collapse, possible prisoners taken by the Mallers, possible conflict between Durai and Scratch and the remaining Maller crew, the separation between Saul/Victor and the Chopper crew... WOW! Gonna be an amazing season.

All I ask/beg is that at some point Michael tells us how he escaped the damn water facility!

Bravo!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    now i need to wait to hear from burt...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WestonWisdom View Post
    I was trying to say that it was never implied or considered that Datu's repair could be faulty, or that the possibility of a faulty repair would be the reason for them to land, which I considered odd for a group of fans that over(?)-analyse this show to the Nth degree
    Ah ha! Now I'm picking up what you're puttin' down. True, I don't recall anyone pointing out tha prospect. And considering his track record......we all shoulda gone to that first.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Interesting start, I like this Victor/ Saul combo. Saul has been a handful lately, especially when it comes to the topic of Lizzy, and everyone always walks on eggshells around him. Burt wont call him on his shit, because he's the reason lizzy is out there. Michael and Angel are just trying to keep him out of the way and out of trouble, etc. But Victor, hell yeah, he'll just tell Saul to shove it. If Angel actually is dead, I'll be fine just cause Victor is so badass.

Also no sign of Angel :'( (and Burt n Lizzy). I guess they'll come into play sometime before this chapter ends.

It looks like there are 3 groups. There's the mauler prisoner group, that's probably Lizzy, Angel and Burt, the latter two i'm guessing survived the tower collapse and were captured. And they'll no doubt merge with Victor/ Saul Group in the near future. Then there's the third group of Michael, Datu, Pegs, Riley and the doc. And i'm sure there'll be a big moment halfway through, or maybe near the end of the season where they all meet up again. Probably back in LA.

I guess the how long it will take for the two groups to meet up again will depend on how far away from LA the helicopter group was before they went down. They said they were one hour away from the fort Irwin. From LA it takes about 3 hours to get there by car. If you take out traffic, and increase your average speed, the trip will probably take less than two hours by heli. The other thing is, right before they crash landed, Michael says, hey follow that road, that's the I-15. the 15 runs tangent to LA, so my guess is that's where Michael's group is. Then there's where they landed itself, Michael tells Pegs to land on a grassy patch. There aren't many grassy patches in LA. So its a good guess that they're near the LA national forest that borders the edge of LA. It would be an interesting change of terrain.

So yeah that's everything I got.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    I feel like I just listened to Sly Stallone, because that was a Cliffhanger! That was a good premier, and I'll definitely be popping that one on replay a couple of times to hear some stuff over.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast