User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    "Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    I can't imagine how tough it must have been for Vic to drive with Flesh Biter guts smeared on the windshield, a heavy cloud of dust obscuring his already obscured view, and a road littered with dead cars and tower debris, not to mention the Behemoth chasing thier ass. Props to Victor for his driving skills. I was actually gripping my desk tight and holding my breath waiting for the "Oh shi-!" followed by a truck crashing. What with the way Burt just fell into the void of smoke I am not convinced that KC would spare anyone from random disaster.

Great episode! I was glad to see my favorite character was heavily followed through most of it, Saul. Though he is pissing me off with his short sightedness (he should be coaxing Victor to help him rather than brush him off), I can understand his eagerness to get hot on the trail of finding Lizzie.

I'm going to hop on Google mapsh later and follow the 15 pin pointing any grassy fields along the way. I want to get an idea of where Mikey and crew are at.

Those Behemoths have much tougher skin than I thought. Though Saul did shoot it in the chest, where the ribs are. I imagine these creatures have some heavy duty rib cages to take a .50 round. It is possible the round pierced the skin and the creature later bled on the ground. Who knows?

Well, I'm off for now. I'm going to ponder some more about this episode. It answered NONE of the major questions I had at the end of chapter 24, but that's exactly why I love this serial!
    There is no spoon. - Neo

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    About the non bloody behemoth...

I could be going way out on a limb here, but a thing of note is victors line after Saul shot the thing. He comments about .50 cal rounds are designed to go through concrete walls (paraphrasing)...what else have we seen go through walls?....dunno...could be a subtle hint

Or I'm reading way too much into things...

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

PSN ID: X_2_5_USMC
    My spider sense is tingling and I see a Angel/Kalani repeat with Saul & Victor. Though I think this will be entirely more entertaining. Datu in my opinion is a great guy just a little bit of a wuss, but very talented. I agree with a lot of you on his "jigger riggin" of the helo but with the supplies and timeline he did great. Im still praying to Bill Murray that Burt is alive, though obviously injured. If hes actually dead i might cry....key word might. Lol

Minimalist

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: abayarts Wii Code: abayarts
    Quick story. I listened to the episode this morning on my iPhone while I work. Loved the the beginning with the sounds of the helicopter and that faint sound of Burt falling. When it was time for Victor and Saul's story, I felt that victors voice sounded over synthesized and speed up. I was thinking this is the worst recording and decided to check what's wrong on my iPhone. Didn't know that the iPhone has a button to speed up music. It was on 2X. So, I place it back on 1X and the sound was great. I felt stupid because I knew it wasn't the production but my stupid phone.

Overall, the chapter was great. Can't wait for part 2
    Follow me on twitter @ abayarts and on Tumblr at abayarts.tumblr.com

"Lurker"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Re1ndeer View Post
    Instead of the dust and coughing being an indication of time difference, couldn't they be indications of different locations? Saul and Victor were afraid that the tower would fall on them, but the Mallers seemed like they didn't worry about much. Is it more likely that they are just on opposite sides of the tower.
    That's what I thought, too. Victor and Saul could have been downwind, and that's why they got a face full of dust and smoke. At one point during the final battle at the end of season two, Michael (or Angel, I can't remember) said that setting fire to the furniture that had been tossed out of the tower's windows wouldn't be a problem because of the wind direction.
    Last edited by not_burt; Jan 3rd, 2012 at 05:55 PM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    About the non bloody behemoth...

I could be going way out on a limb here, but a thing of note is victors line after Saul shot the thing. He comments about .50 cal rounds are designed to go through concrete walls (paraphrasing)...what else have we seen go through walls?....dunno...could be a subtle hint

Or I'm reading way too much into things...
    I was thinking along the same lines! I posted about it in my thread about the blood. It seems weird, that the behemoths wouldn't have blood, but considering how different they are, it could be another sign that they aren't made from humans.

"Lurker"

Status

I'm very eager to get the zombies' origin story (or whatever they are), though I suspect that question won't be answered in full until season four. I just hope it's not a "covert government/military program gone horribly wrong" thing. That's been done a million times.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Firstly I loved the beginning of this episode. I had a psychotic grin on my face on Monday when it started. I felt like it was Burt's point of view after he fell for the first bit until Michael did his opening, "Nothing used to scare me...". That is my theory at least. So excited that we are BACK!

Okay one strange thing about the Behemoth apparently not bleeding after being hit by a freaking fifty caliber round. In chapter 8, after Angel, Michael, Datu and Riley encounter our first ever Behemoth and those that got away discuss it. Datu claims to have hit it several times in the chest, and Riley says, "I know we were both shaking, but I saw blood, we hit it I am sure". They were wielding 9mm Berettas and Angel had his 5.56mm M16, apparently this produced blood. Unless that Behemoth was defective or already covered in blood, I had a WTF moment when Saul claims to have not seen blood. On the other hand, visibility was complete crap, so I am going to believe that Saul was mistaken.

I felt the Saul and Victor arguing moment really added drama and made the characters quite human. They should work together, they need to work together and begrudgingly, they do, but neither one is happy about it. Constantly bickering when they are both know the best thing is to shut up and keep moving. It is sort of like a buddy cop movie, where the main characters are interesting because of conflicts in their personalities and goals, except I don't see either of these guys being the Danny Glover. I guess Victor is closer to Glover. I need to watch more buddy cop films...

The ending also gave me a tiny wtf. I thought Datu could fix everything! LOL, I just keep hearing Nikvoodoo's voice snarking, "We'll bring in Datu, he can fix everything". So I hope he has snarky comment about that at some point. So much for a meme coming out of that...

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikepaw View Post
    The ending also gave me a tiny wtf. I thought Datu could fix everything! LOL, I just keep hearing Nikvoodoo's voice snarking, "We'll bring in Datu, he can fix everything". So I hope he has snarky comment about that at some point. So much for a meme coming out of that...
    Are we sure that it is Datu's quick fixes that caused the new leak? Wasn't the helicopter shot at while it was leaving the Tower in chapter 24?
    <----- Click to see what D.A.R.T is doing for you.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    I really liked the editing in this episode: the far away voices at the beginning to recap and so on. The overall quality is incredible. For a free show, it's amazing. I'm spamming WA to all my friends. Most of them fear they won't understand the story well (non-native speakers), but still.
    Writing-wise: season finale on a helicopter, the survivors splitting up, helicopter having trouble... the script reminds me of Lost again (I mean it as a good thing in this case ). The helicopter crashing was quite obvious, but still it was nice to hear Michael's voice narrating again.
    I see a potential pitfall with Fort Irwin: it might go like the BSG episode when they reach Earth, if you know what I mean, especially if a good part of the season is spent struggling to reach it.
    Last edited by clem131; Jan 4th, 2012 at 02:22 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast