User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    Loved the episode, loved the cliffhanger.
    The callback to the season one opener ('that was then... this is now') suggests this may be the last season. I know KC was debating whether to do the whole 4 season arc he'd originally planned or to truncate it into a three season story. Wondering if this is the proof of a decision being made. If so, that's a shame, as 4 seasons would be just enough deliciousness. 3 feels too abrupt.

I'm thinking that if we don't hear from them in part 2 we aren't going to hear from the Burt/Angel side of the story til at least Chapter 26. Which means we're dealing solely with the chopper going down a ways from Fort Irwin whilst Saul and Victor try to get to the Mallers. It'll be interesting to see if the Mallers finally hook up with the Colony this season and what'll happen if they do.
    Can't wait for next week. This is a feeling I remember fondly, the painful waiting.
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Magrat View Post
    Loved the episode, loved the cliffhanger.
    The callback to the season one opener ('that was then... this is now') suggests this may be the last season. I know KC was debating whether to do the whole 4 season arc he'd originally planned or to truncate it into a three season story. Wondering if this is the proof of a decision being made. If so, that's a shame, as 4 seasons would be just enough deliciousness. 3 feels too abrupt.

I'm thinking that if we don't hear from them in part 2 we aren't going to hear from the Burt/Angel side of the story til at least Chapter 26. Which means we're dealing solely with the chopper going down a ways from Fort Irwin whilst Saul and Victor try to get to the Mallers. It'll be interesting to see if the Mallers finally hook up with the Colony this season and what'll happen if they do.
    Can't wait for next week. This is a feeling I remember fondly, the painful waiting.
    Well, I thought KC already confirmed seasons 3 & 4 so, did he recently start talking about shortening it to just the 3rd...or maybe it was a ploy to make us believe that there was a 4th season for reasons...reasons I'm not able to think of at the moment .

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Kc said on the live WND that there will be four seasons.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    One thing I noticed when Saul and Victor were walking around was all of the coughing and with limited visibility from the dust as the building had collapsed, but the Mallers looking around at the end of chapter 24 seemed to have good visibility and no problems breathing. This might give us some indication of the timeline between the two sections.
    Instead of the dust and coughing being an indication of time difference, couldn't they be indications of different locations? Saul and Victor were afraid that the tower would fall on them, but the Mallers seemed like they didn't worry about much. Is it more likely that they are just on opposite sides of the tower.

I guess this requires me to listen to chapter 24 again.
    <----- Click to see what D.A.R.T is doing for you.

"Lurker"

Status
    Great episode, as ever. Looking forward to my journey home to listen again. And a curse on the mobile version of iTunes!

Just a thought I had. Noone can stand on top of a building and survive its collapse. They collapse at pretty much freefall, which means that you would be falling 9 stories onto a tangled mass of bricks and steel. So my idea...

I relistened to the end of C24 yesterday and it struck me that there was a decent sized pause between anyone actually seeing Angel on the roof and the tower collapsing. The zipwire broke 10 meters from the other tower, which is a couple of minutes walk from the main tower. With a bit of guesswork, that means that there should have been a wire running from where Angel was standing when Burt fell, pretty much down to the ground. I presume that his military time would have included at least one abseil. We can assume that he used the kit that was to be used for zip lining to do the same (Gloves, Some sort of hook and eye harness)

So my theory is that Angel Abseiled like a madman down the tower just prior to collapse and at the bottom was injured by falling masonry as he tried to get away. That leaves us with a seriously injured Burt (if he's mobile in this season I would be surprised) and a possibly lightly injured Angel (To save Burt from the mallers at some stage, leading to some great "Don't think this makes it alright between us" gruffness).

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Kc said on the live WND that there will be four seasons.
    Confirmed. 4 is planned. Unless some disaster or apocalypse happens in the meanwhile.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Confirmed. 4 is planned. Unless some disaster or apocalypse happens in the meanwhile.
    You meant "in spite of" instead of unless right?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    God WA how I've missed you.

One thing that's bothering me is this whole behemoth keep up with the truck, how? there slow. The trucks sounds like its going fast. Is it because Victor was laying of the gas from fear of crashing or the stuff on the ground is slowing him down?? Whatever the truck dodges would slow the behemoth down right? Seems strange to me. I like the idea that the who/what is creating them is making improvements. Sounds scary as hell. Or is this just my case of over-analyse

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by EVABLACKX View Post
    God WA how I've missed you.

One thing that's bothering me is this whole behemoth keep up with the truck, how? there slow. The trucks sounds like its going fast. Is it because Victor was laying of the gas from fear of crashing or the stuff on the ground is slowing him down?? Whatever the truck dodges would slow the behemoth down right? Seems strange to me. I like the idea that the who/what is creating them is making improvements. Sounds scary as hell. Or is this just my case of over-analyse
    no the truck was stuck for a good bit, once they actually got it moving they got away without much trouble. And if it's like an older model truck, it'll take a good 15 seconds to get up to 60
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by EVABLACKX View Post
    Is it because Victor was laying of the gas from fear of crashing or the stuff on the ground is slowing him down??
    Yes. Visibility was VERY low and the road where they were sucked. Saul and Victor kept arguing about it. Victor went as fast as he could, without serious risk of hitting something. One impact, all over.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast