User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status

Zombie Hater's Chapionship Round Up!

So here we are. This is it. The big game. There is no second place. TCM Revolver has showed that he was not a regular season fluke and ripped his was into the final game. Nikvoodoo took a second win to stay alive. Now these two powerhouses go head to head for the 3rd time in this seasons games. They have both taken home a win but most recently Voodoo Children took his to make the playoffs just a couple of weeks ago. Will injuries be Paint Huffing Warriors undoing. Will Voodoo Children's small crew of big time scorers carry his other mediocre players. Now it is time to see who the big dog on this block is. This weeks breakdown goes into there teams and what effects them.

Voodoo Children Injury Report.

Andre Johnson WR (Tex)
    Hamstring. A move mid season to pick up this play maker seems to have fallen flat as he has injured his left hamstring as well as having loss his QB Matt Shaub. Will be out this week again.

Micheal Turner RB (Atl)
    Groin. He looks to play this week but has not had a score in 3 weeks. Hopefully this injury won't hold him back any further and will be close to 100%.

Paint Huffing Warriors Injury Report

Ben Roethlisberger QB (Pit)
    Ankle. Big Ben was seen leaving the stadium in a walking boot last week. He has had some practices and knowing how he likes to tough out the game he will probably play. But it all points that he may be far from 100% and faces what could end up being a tough defense.

Wes Welker WR (NE)
    Knee. Do not worry he will more than likely play and may be the least of PHW's worries at WR.

Greg Jennings WR (GB)
    Knee. Expected to be out 2 to 3 weeks.

Matt Forte RB (Chi)
    Knee. Out more than likely 2 more weeks.

Denarius Moore WR (Oak)
    Foot. He has been out since week 11 but looks like a sure play as he has practiced every day this week. Double check his status cause there is that off chance they give him another week.

Vince Young QB (Phi)
    Ankle. He is the back up again now that Vick is back and it looks like he will be there if Vick gets hurt again this season.

Kevin Smith RB (Det)
    Ankle. Looks to play but could easily injury his weak ankle again.

[COLOR="#00FF00"]Team Moves[/COLOR] .

Voodoo Children.
    Dropped Brad Smith and picked up Felix Jones.
    Considering that DeMarco Murray is now out for the season, Jones is a good pick up as he will have all of the backfield work. Smith is a good drop considering that he has not produced well for a WR this season at all.

Voodoo Children (Nikvoodoo)vs Paint Huffing Warriors (TCM Revolver)

Drew Brees vs Ben Roethlisberger.
    Okay a couple notes to point out about Brees right now. He has not thrown an interception since week 9. Since week 9 he has thrown 11 touchdowns and has not thrown for less than 320 yards in that same time. This week he faces the Vikings who are 27th in stopping the pass. I am pretty sure Brees is not losing any NyQuil induced sleep and neither should you. He will dominate this team and the only worry is that if they pull far enough ahead they may pull him from the game. Big Ben faces the 49ers who should not normally give him to much of a headache as they are 19th against the pass. But this week everything points to him having to play injured and maybe not at all. This game is a big deal for the Steelers so I cannot seeing him sit but he may not be very mobile and that will hurt his fantasy value. Brees takes this slot.

Cam Newton vs Matthew Stafford.
    Newton may not explode as big as he did a couple of weeks ago and last week we saw the Falcons bring him back down to earth a little bit. The Texans are 3rd in the league against the pass AND 4th against the run. This could mean for a really tough day for him. But he has done phenomenal this season and I would not bench him because he will still produce just not breathtakingly so. Stafford's day comes down to if Kevin Smith is back at RB for the Lions. Without a true running game, the Lions passing game suffers greatly. Oakland is very generous to the pass and the Lions are in the playoff hunt still and will do what they can to dominate this Oakland team. I think Stafford takes this slot.

Reggie Bush vs Roy Helu.
    Bush has had 2 100 yard weeks and plays against a team that has given up 435 yards in the last 3 games. Granted they held the Dolphins to less than 100 yards 4 weeks ago but that may not hold any water considering it looks like Bush has found his niche in Miami. Finally, Mike Shanahan has decided to stick with a single RB. And that RB is Roy Helu. 3 weeks in a row with 100 yard games. Helu would be considered a break out player this season if Shanahan had gone with him earlier this season and stuck with him. This week he faces a generous defense for the run but who are more generous to the pass. Downside, the Giants are still in the playoff hunt and that means they could bring it up a notch. I like Bush for this slot.

Felix Jones vs Wes Welker.
    Jones is back to being the #1 ball carrier for the Cowboys and plays Tampa who has given up the most yards to opposing RB's. He should score big and see a minimum of about 20 to 25 touches in this game. He is across from Welker. Do not let the questionable worry you for he will play. His fantasy value is hurt by the fact that Gronkowski is the beast on this team at the moment. But what Gronk does not get has a tendency to end up in Welker's hands. Having both of these players is awesome. Add in that they face Denver who have put up a great effort as of late defensively. I just do not think they have what it will take to stop The Machine. Welker takes this slot.

Jordy Nelson vs Greg Jennings.
    Jennings is out. Needs to find a good back up. Nelson is a great player. He gets as many looks as Jennings on a normal day but always plays second fiddle to him. With Jennings out he will get all of those looks and what a week to get them facing the #10 placed team against the pass in the Chiefs. I do not think that will slow down Rodgers. Nelson takes this slot easily right now.

Jake Ballard vs Rob Gronkowski.
    Ballard may get a lot of red zone looks but it just never seems to translate into touchdowns. This week facing the Redskins who take it easy against opposing TE's. Downside is he seems to never get that point scoring TD that we so wish for him to have. And this week he is across from Gronkowski. Hands down the biggest player on any team skill wise. He is a game changer and I pity any team that faces him. Denver will struggle and fail to stop him. He is at the peak of his game this season and he takes this slot.

Ravens vs Lions.
    Ravens face of against the Chargers. The Chargers are finally firing on all cylinders and December is a good month typically for them. The Ravens are 4th against the pass and 2nd only to the 49ers against the rush. So do not expect an easy day for the Chargers for they will have to fight for every yard they gain this weekend. Good news for the Lions is they get Suh back. No matter how dirty you feel he is, they need him in to complete there defense. This team tore apart the Vikings last week without his presence. With him back expect Oakland to grind to a halt offensively as the Lions take this slot.

This looks to be a tough match. By picks it goes to Paint Huffing Warriors but he has some key spots that need work and if left unchanged could give up this match. I stand by the picks though and this season goes to....

PAINT HUFFING WARRIORS!

"Gatherer"

Status
    220px-Deweytruman12.jpg You ever have that moment when you read what you printed the night before and saw the results the next day...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I took a piece for myself but the rest is for you, sir Insanity.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    I should have known...I was about half and hald on calling your losses. Oh well...what is that Rhubarb...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Whatever it is, it's full of humble!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND