User Tag List

Thread: Crossed

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Crossed

Just read an issue of this from the Austin ComiCon. Wow, this is a disturbing series. I picked it up thinking there would be similarities the plague in the series and a zombie apocalypse, and let me just say that I hope zombie survivors don't act like the Crossed folks.

Oh, and Garth Ennis is one sick puppy.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    I started to read that series and decided to wait till a compilation. They were too short. And, yeah, he's one sick puppy and a half.
    SKITTLES?

"Scavenger"

Status
    There are a ton of them out now seeing how they started back in 2008. There's Crossed Volume One (2008), Crossed: Family Values (2011), Crossed: Psychopath (2012) which is probably the most fucked up of them all which is really saying something, Crossed: Badlands (2012), and Crossed: Wish You Were Here (2012) which comes out next month as an entire volume if I'm not mistaken. They also just started a new arc in one the series (I can't remember which one off the top of my head) where it follows a teenage kid as the outbreak starts at a carnival.

With all that said I think they are some of the most twisted, depraved, and crazy comics I've ever read. They're good if you don't mind being highly disturbed by the depths of human evil.
    Last edited by Loyal Retainer; Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:56 AM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Ugh, the survivors are worse than the crossed. Truly disgusting and non enjoyable series and my heart sank every time I read one of their horrible stories :/

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    Ugh, the survivors are worse than the crossed. Truly disgusting and non enjoyable series and my heart sank every time I read one of their horrible stories :/
    It does make you wonder if there could ever be a happy medium between blind hope and optimism and down right depressing negativism which focuses on the worst aspects of human behaviour.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    It does make you wonder if there could ever be a happy medium between blind hope and optimism and down right depressing negativism which focuses on the worst aspects of human behaviour.
    SO true! Zombie stories are maddening for that very reason - the vast majority of them are all exactly the same! Normal person encounters zombies, meets survivors, some die, one gets bitten and turns, meets up with a villain, more die, realization that the humans are worse than the zombies, zombies take over, most or all die, the end.

Night of the living dead
    Dawn of the dead
    Day of the dead
    Walking dead
    Dead world
    Crossed
    Zombie
    Etc etc etc